z

Young Writers Society

Hello

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:56 am
knFrance says...

Hello all, I am, obviously, new.
And, again obviously, interested in writing.
I plan on majoring in creative writing and then hopefully publishing some of my works.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:37 am
Mars says...

Hello knFrance! Welcome to the site!
What kind of writing do you like to do?
There are a few rules here on YWS which you can find here. Most important: spread the love! Have two reviews for every work you post. :)

So, you may notice that some of the members have different colored names. The ones in bright blue are the Greeters, whose job it is to make sure every new member is welcomed. In lavender, we have the Instructors. We critique a lot and try and help others improve their writing. Next, the green. Light green means Junior Moderators (they're divided up into crews for each forum) and dark green means Moderators. They make sure the site is running smoothly and are the people to contact if you need help. (Although, most of us are able and willing to assist as well!) Finally, our illustrious admin: Nate and Meshugenah. Nate is our beloved founder, and Mesh helps him run the site.

Now, there are two sets of forums here-Community Forums and Literature Forums. You can find these on the header up top. The Community Forums are a great place to chat, pick up writing tips, and procrastinate. In the Literature Forums, we post our works and review pieces by other members. If you need a review, don't hesitate to post on the Will Review for Food thread. Plenty of members will be all to glad to help you out!

Feel free to PM me if you need anything, have questions, or just want to talk.
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:26 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hm, Mars has already explained the rules and colors, so I don't think that there's much else to say. So welcome knFrance! I'm WV, or whatever you want to call me. Seriously. Call me a mushroom or dork and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Well, that's unless you're one of my brothers, in which case I'd claw you. But since you're into writing, you'll be safe.

So, what and who do you like to read? What do you enjoy writing? Other interests? There are tons of usergroups under that big 'Groups' button up there, so just click there and you'll eventually find one you like. The community here's great, so don't worry. Well, methinks that's it. Feel free to PM me if you have a question, need a review, or just want to talk. I'll be available. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:32 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Mars cover the one rule but he forgot the other. The other is: no chatspeak. It's a big no-no. Some abberation are okay, but not all.

So do you have any other hobbies than writing? and what are you favorites?

I look forward to seeing your work.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:19 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome! I can't see what you post on this site. I love to review, so if you are ever in need of one, just let me know I won't go over the rules again, the major ones were covered. And I hate repeating others. So, what is your favorite book? And your favorite color? Feel free to PM me with questions, I'll be happy to answer them. So, see you around the forums.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

Kaylyn- I seem to have started something with colour.....

Hiya! I'm Rosey, one of the Greeters Mars mentioned. Yes, I just about always write in pink.

Rules, covered. Questions, covered.

France? Are you part French or do you just like that country? I'm part French Canadian.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:35 pm
knFrance says...

Hey, thanks for all the rules and warm welcomes. Okay let me think, My favorite color is blue. My hobbies are reading, writing, acting, guitar, violin, and soccer.
I looove movies, my favorites are 10 I hate about you, Sweeney Todd, Moulin Rouge, and Pride and Prejudice, but thats only a few. My name knFrance is just my first initials and last name, because if I ever write I'm pretty sure that will be my pen name. I'm not actually french or anything, although that would be cool.
I'm sort of getting used to this site, slowly but surely, I was kinda shy about posting and reviewing at first but its getting better.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Five reviews already! Great!

Yeah, it can be a little intimidating at first, but you get used to it eventually. You can always ask other members for tips.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg