z

Young Writers Society

Newbie!

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:56 am
jebbie830 says...

Hey guys!
Im new here! my name is jess im 18
i looove to write! ill write anything from fan fictions to your typical run of the mill teenage love stories. I have about 20 stories going on right now on my computer and i'll hopefulyl be able to post them here and get some feedback!
hope u like my stories! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, everybody gets a review, and people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink:
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps such as turning "u" into "you," "kk" into "okay," ect. Some abbreviations (like lol, btw, asap, mc and other phrase abbreviations) and alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

You'll write everything? Wow. Impressive. What's your favourite genre, if you have one?

What are some of your favourite books and authors?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 am
Clo says...

*pounces on Jebbie*

Welcome! This is an awesome writing site, and I'm sure a lot of Greeters (the blue names) are going to flood in here and tell you what's up.

Until then, I'm Clo, and feel free to PM me and ask for reviews.

Sincerely,

Clo
How am I not myself?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:30 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Jebbie! Welcome to YWS! Twenty stories? Wow. I have about *counts on fingers* *adds toes* *grabs brothers' fingers and toes* Gah! Not enough! Well, more than sixty, that's for sure. Anywho, great to meet you!

So, Rosey and Clo have covered most of what I was planning to say. *pouts* Anywho, what other interests do you have? You'll find a usergroup for pretty much every interest or hobby you can imagine, so clicky on the big 'Groups' button up there. You'll find one you like sooner or later.

Well, feel free to PM me if you want to talk, have a question, or need a review. I'll be available. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 pm
View Likes
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

so what genre are you going to write? and what are your favorites?

Me, I'm a variety writer, so i write whatever comes to my mind. Except Poetry.

I look forward to reading your work.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:07 pm
Flux says...

Hey Jebbie! I'm glad to hear--- ?--- your enthusiasm. Just ignore my random comments (like the previous one...^) That I make to myself. They're just things I'm not quite sure of and will eventually research. Eventually....

I thought I was crazy, writing a few stories at a time, let alone twenty! You just put a whole new meaning to the word "compulsive." I am no longer classified as compulsive... well, maybe. I guess I am a little... i write quite a bit, even when homework isn't done.

So, as others may have asked, I'm curious to see what your "favourites" are. Favourite food/ animal/ story/ genre to write/ Tv show/ singer/band/ song/ etc,. So, if you wanna talk at all, you can just pm me. But feel free to add me as a buddy! I'll talk, but I have no idea how quickly I'll get back to you. I get a little wrapped up in writing and forget to go on.

Peace!

The names La Reina, just in case you didn't read that.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:07 pm
jok101 says...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wellllllllllcome to ywsssssssssssssssssssss

Ignore my above and welcome to yws.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:15 pm
jebbie830 says...

Thanks everyone for the ultra warming welcome! :D
As for your questons... my favortie genre to write is romantic fiction, mostly about teens, cheesy I know but I have fun writing about teenage drama jst to get my mind off of my own :P Aaaaaanyways, I looove Kelly Clarkson (if you couldn't tell by my avi) and I love american idol (duh) and I love playing softball and just being out and about having fun! Thanks everyone again for making me feel welcome! I hope to hear form everyone soon... I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to go around!

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:58 pm
View Likes
Merry_Haven says...

*jebbie830~

I shall call you, jebbie!! I don't like numbers with names. But it's totally up to you. ~ But, I love your name! Anyway, I'm really off topic, here...

Hey, I'm 18, too!! Sweet. Did you just turn 18 or turning 19 soon? I'm turning 19 in July.

Wow, you do write a lot. And you'll fit right in, in the Romantic tab. I write mostly Historical-based fiction with a tad bit of romance.

Well, if you need something, go ahead and give me a pm. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:18 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Ahoy there. Welcome to YWS! I also have a dozen stories sitting on my computer, beggin to be finished. So the rules have been mostly covered. If you ever need any help, feel free to let me know. I'm also happy to review stories, so if you ever need one, PM me. Well, good luck and see you round the forums.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome!
It seems they have given you the rundown mostly so I would just like to say welcome to YWS.
I hope you like it here. This is a great site to improve your writing and meet new people.
I have a couple questions:
1) What is your favourite food?
2) Do you like questions?
3) If not, I would like to ask why?
4) Does being interrogated make you feel any bit awkward? (If it does, my plan is working)
5) What is your favorite colour?
6) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Again, welcome aboard and if you need any assitance any of us will gladly help you. If you are in need of friendship, I am open.
Hope to see you around in the forums and I would be glad to read some of your writing.

Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 pm
jebbie830 says...

OK well Icognito Temptation I shall answer your questions :P
My favorite food is chicken (in any form what so ever!)
No i don't mind questions
Interrogation never really gets to me
Pink
Hawaii

:D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

Pink! Yay!

How do you like my text then?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome! The name's Shannon. American Idol, eh? I haven't watched it in a while but I'm curious about this new judge lady person... your thoughts? Anywhobblehobble, I'm sure you'll love it here! If you have any questions just shoot me a PM!

One last question... do you enjoy salsa?

Stay classy,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

Knowledge is power.
— Francis Bacon