z

Young Writers Society

Ciao Tutti New-bie syndrome

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:50 am
Ina_in_boots says...

Ciao!

Obviously I'm new to this society; however, I have joined because I am currently in the middle of writing a new novel. I'm having a devastating amount of writers block so anyone with inspiration and/or creativity should feel free to talk to me! I love to read and before I even knew I could read I was stringing words together in order to make up my own stories. James Joyce and Bret Easton Ellis are an inspiration to me! My favorite poem is Strange Meeting by Wilfred Owen...you should definitely read it.

Ciao! [[[I used to live in Italia so my Ciao is automatic [hello/bye]]]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, everybody gets a review. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Wow. Italy. How long did you live there for?

Two great forums for help are Writers Corner and Writing Tips. Poke around to see what forum fits.

So, what genre are you writing in? Any favourite authors? Books?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Ciao!

Ooh Italy. The land of the Pizza. And also the Pisa. So where are you now?
Oh yes, do tell us more about yourself! What kind of things are you interested in other than writing? Music? Food? School?

Will definitely check out that poem! I absolutely love poetry.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll have a great time here! Any problems, issues or concerns, you can PM me or a moderator (persons with their name in green).

Have wonderful time. I'll see you around the forums.

Ciao!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:21 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Ina_in_boots! Cute name. Is it a play on Puss in Boots? I love that guy.

I've visited Italy once. It was really, really cool, but really boring on the Colosseum tour. The best part about my visit there was gladiator training. Throwing knives rock! The net and trident are fun too. I guess I'll elaborate on the colors.

Blue: They're Greeters, like Rosey and mizz-iceberg up there. Their job is to make you feel welcome, and to answer any preliminary questions you have.

Purple: Instructors. They're the ones you go to if you need any in-depth reviews. Most of them have a thread up in the 'Will Review for Food' section, so you can drop by there anytime you need one.

Light Green: Junior Moderators. Personally, I call them minimods. It just has a nice sound to it.

Dark Green: Moderators.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members of the site.

Well, that's it for the colors. I can't really ask more since the two above me already asked everything I want to ask. Well then, great meeting you. If you ever need a review, have a question, or just want to talk, PM me. See ya! (Ciao!)
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 pm
View Likes
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

welcome to YWS.

I know Italian. I took a class in high school.

So what genre are you writing? and what are you favorites?

i looked forward to seeing your story.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 pm
Demeter says...

Ciao bella, frutti di mare!

So, that's basically my knowledge on Italian. Ah, no! I can say 'va continuare un poco'! Though I don't know whether I spelled it right. I know also some music words, like 'largo' and 'fortissimo' and 'diminuendo' and so on. Is that even Italian? :D

Okay. That's all about my Italian. What about yourself? What do you like to do? What do you like to write? What else?

If you have any questions or need a review or anything, just PM me! See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:07 pm
Monki says...

Heya! Looks like everyone else has pointed out everything, BUT... I'd love it if you'd check out the Buddy System.

Basically, newbies (no offense) go there to read the profiles of people who offer to "mentor" and guide you around the site. Choose the person that best fits your style, PM them, asking to mentor you, and badabing-badaboom. You have a new buddy, friend, mentor, and companion!

I'm free if you feel the need for a mentor. :) I'd love to be of some help to you.

-Melissa
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:23 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Hi Ina_in_boots. Welcome to YWS.

Gah, Monki beat me to it; I was just about to mention our awesome buddy system.

You're an Army brat?! That's awesome. So am I! There aren't too many of us around here; in fact, I've only met two. What state is your Dad (or Mom) stationed in? I'm in North Carolina and have been since third grade. I did live in Germany for two years and we traveled to Ireland, France, Belguim, and Luxemburg but never Italy...I'm envious of you geting to live there. Did you travel when you lived there? If so, where did you go?

Like Monki, I'm up for being your mentor; we can talk about Army-related things, maybe?

It's snowing here (first snow we've had in ages) and I just went outside to play with my puppies. Is it snowing there? Do you have any pets?

Did anyone tell you about our usergroups? They're basically little clubs within YWS that have their own forum. There's over fifty of them so I'm sure you'll find at least one of intrest.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions or need anything and I hope you like YWS. :)

-Kat (alwaysawriter)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:30 pm
cheese9975 says...

Hey there, the name's Shannon. Hopefully, spending some time on YWS will get your creative juices flowing and pick you up from that writer's block rut! You used to live in Italy? Awesome! I really want to visit there someday. As previously mentioned, remember to keep the 2:1 reviewing ratio alive! It doesn't take much and it's what keeps YWS thriving. Also, try to avoid chatspeak, we like to be a little more professional here ;).

Stay classy,

Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

7 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 pm
Ina_in_boots says...

mizz-iceberg wrote:Ciao!

Ooh Italy. The land of the Pizza. And also the Pisa. So where are you now?
Oh yes, do tell us more about yourself! What kind of things are you interested in other than writing? Music? Food? School?

Will definitely check out that poem! I absolutely love poetry.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll have a great time here! Any problems, issues or concerns, you can PM me or a moderator (persons with their name in green).

Have wonderful time. I'll see you around the forums.

Ciao!

Hmm....pizza. I'd have to say Italia is MUCH more known for its PASTA!!! MMmmm Gnocchi. Obviously Pisa is quite famous. Frankly I always grew bored of it. You can no longer go in it because it's too dangerous. Pisa leans to the side a little more every year. I swear one day it's just going to collapse.
I'm currently living my FIRST TIME EVER year in the United States of America. [[though I have visited America before]][[Yes, I'm American :P]]
My interests are mainly writing and reading; however, I am a huge fan of music and can boast that I at one point and time played violin and piano and own both! Though my skills have steadily decreased through the ages. ^^
I'm a heavy metal fan at heart so I can come off as a bit bold/frightening in appearance but I tone it down with lots of colors.

In general....I'm European!

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to seeing you around as well!

Ciao--
---Bo_0ts

7 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 pm
Ina_in_boots says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, everybody gets a review. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Wow. Italy. How long did you live there for?

Two great forums for help are Writers Corner and Writing Tips. Poke around to see what forum fits.

So, what genre are you writing in? Any favourite authors? Books?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Hey!

Thanks for the reply and info! When I first joined I was very eh?
I lived in Italy for five years and before that in Germany for 11.

Favorite authors...WOW. That is one broad question!

I would most definetaly say that Bret Easton Ellis, Laurell K. Hamilton, Edgar Allen Poe, James Joyce, and...many others are my favorite!
How about you?

As for a favorite book, that is nearly impossible for me because I love all books! [Seriously]

At the moment I'm writing a paranormal series. I'm hoping to finish this book by summer! *crossed fingers* Already have a good 8 chapters...which is only the beginning in my head.

Are you working on anything?

Thanks again for the help!

[[I figured out how to reply on here! Grazie!]]

Ciao
--Bo_0ts

7 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm
Ina_in_boots says...

WaterVyper wrote:Hello Ina_in_boots! Cute name. Is it a play on Puss in Boots? I love that guy.

I've visited Italy once. It was really, really cool, but really boring on the Colosseum tour. The best part about my visit there was gladiator training. Throwing knives rock! The net and trident are fun too. I guess I'll elaborate on the colors.

Blue: They're Greeters, like Rosey and mizz-iceberg up there. Their job is to make you feel welcome, and to answer any preliminary questions you have.

Purple: Instructors. They're the ones you go to if you need any in-depth reviews. Most of them have a thread up in the 'Will Review for Food' section, so you can drop by there anytime you need one.

Light Green: Junior Moderators. Personally, I call them minimods. It just has a nice sound to it.

Dark Green: Moderators.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members of the site.

Well, that's it for the colors. I can't really ask more since the two above me already asked everything I want to ask. Well then, great meeting you. If you ever need a review, have a question, or just want to talk, PM me. See ya! (Ciao!)

Ciao!

Puss in boots! Ah how cute I had totally forgotten about that connection. No, actually boots is my nick name because I own a variety of boots. 5 inch platform boots, 2 inch, 1 inch, boots with chains, boots with whatever else is out there. Sort of stuck with me.

My Colosseum tour was much more basic, actually I don't remember getting a tour! Though I'm quite envious of your gladiator training. I suppose I never got to learn since I would visit it on days when tourists weren't popular.

Nice meeting you though :)

Ciao!
Last edited by Ina_in_boots on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm
Night Mistress says...

Oh, Laurell K. Hamiltion fan. I love her. I have only read one of her short stories and I fell in love with her writing.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

7 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:29 pm
Ina_in_boots says...

Demeter wrote:Ciao bella, frutti di mare!

So, that's basically my knowledge on Italian. Ah, no! I can say 'va continuare un poco'! Though I don't know whether I spelled it right. I know also some music words, like 'largo' and 'fortissimo' and 'diminuendo' and so on. Is that even Italian? :D

Okay. That's all about my Italian. What about yourself? What do you like to do? What do you like to write? What else?

If you have any questions or need a review or anything, just PM me! See you around!

Demeter
xxx

Ciao!

Bravo! Fantastico! Tu italiano sei molto buono!

My Italian isn't the greatest either. I was only their for five years. My German is much better. It's a second language I'd say. ^^

First of all I might add your question of what else has left me dumb-founded...I have no clue what else you are thinking of. Perhaps my what else is not what your what else was looking for. So...I won't answer that one. :P [[[a tad show of laziness as well]]]

I'm mainly a paranormal/horror writer, though I enjoy taking on any challenge!

What about you?

Ciao---
Bo_0ts

7 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 pm
Ina_in_boots says...

Night Mistress wrote:Oh, Laurell K. Hamiltion fan. I love her. I have only read one of her short stories and I fell in love with her writing.

Ah, I must say if anyone is to read Laurell K. Hamilton they should definately read her Anita Blake series. [[Guilty Pleasures is the first book]]
Though if you love Hamilton then Anne Rice, Patricia Briggs, and Sherillyn Kenyon are great reads too.

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer