z

Young Writers Society

Ciao Tutti New-bie syndrome

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

A quick note- If you look at the top and/or bottom of a thread, you'll see a button called "post reply." Click on that so you don't have to quote everybody.

To answer your question, I am writing something in the Fantasy genre. I only have a chapter and a half though.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 pm
Night Mistress says...

Ina_in_boots wrote:
Night Mistress wrote:Oh, Laurell K. Hamiltion fan. I love her. I have only read one of her short stories and I fell in love with her writing.

Ah, I must say if anyone is to read Laurell K. Hamilton they should definately read her Anita Blake series. [[Guilty Pleasures is the first book]]
Though if you love Hamilton then Anne Rice, Patricia Briggs, and Sherillyn Kenyon are great reads too.

Oh, you are my new best friend! I love Patricia Briggs and Sherrilyn Kenyon.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 am
Ina_in_boots says...

I've never gotten a handle on technology. To be honest I grew up without TV and I still don't have cable and most likely never will. My internet use is even worse. I'm quite caveman in my evolution process. Still stuck in the writing age. ^^

Have you posted your story yet or are you still proof reading it?

7 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 am
Ina_in_boots says...

Grazie to all of you that let me know about the buddy system! I'm extremely new to anything "technological" so all advice is immensly appreciated!

7 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:58 am
Ina_in_boots says...

Yes, I am one PROUD Army Brat! At the moment my family has just been stationed in Florida. I got here about 6 months ago. [Its my first time living in the states] It's been a bit stressful! Especially since I'm finishing my Junior year here--quite hecktic.
Where in Germany were you stationed?! I LOVE Germany. Germany is my home basically. I was stationed there for 11 years and while their I traveled ALL over Europe. Though my favorites are Egypt, Finland, London, Croatia, and Scotland.

And no, no one told me about usergroups. Thanks for the info! :D

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:55 pm
alwaysawriter says...

It's your first time in the States?! You're lucky! My Dad was stationed in Baumholder; it was this tiny base (you could walk to just about anywhere except for the fact that there were really big hills) next to a tiny town. Where was your Dad stationed? Okay, so now I'm even more jealous; I've barely heard of Croatia. I think Ireland was probably my favorite--although I was terrfied of deer heads and had a tramatizing experience at one of the pubs we visited because of it...I'm proud of being an Army brat too. I don't live on base so I go to school with a bunch of civilans that I've more or less grown up with. I mean, I can think of one Army brat over here and we don't talk anymore. My best friend, whose Dad is stationed in Maryland, is one of my few Army brat friends--she lived a few hours away from me in Germany but we didn't know it til about three years ago. I think a lot of people have started retiring now; her Dad's about to get out soon and my Dad's going to be out when I start college. *stops rambling*

Where were you born? I was born in Panama but we moved back to the States before I was a year old so I don't remember it. Do you like traveling? I love going new places (outside the US) and I love planes.

No problem. ^^

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm still writing it! I'm only at page 19, and I don't plan on posting it until I'm done. Plus, I'm writing it out by hand and I don't really want to type it up until I'm editing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year