z

Young Writers Society

New in 'town'

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:31 pm
ballerina13 says...

Hello! My name is Ballerina13. (Well, my screen name.) I absolutley love to write! I have written a few short stories on my own time. Anyway, my favorite authors are as follow: Louisa May Alcott, Carolyn Meyer, Lisa Klien. My favorite books are: "Two Girls of Gettysberg" By: Lisa Klien, " Little Women." By: Louisa May Alcott"... well, there are to many books to choose from! I have alreday submitted part of a novella, a short story. I hope to hear from you. I am so excited to read all of your work. :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Reading others works is good. In fact, it's a rule here! Always review two works before posting any of your own. Not only does that make sure everybody gets a review, but people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink:

The other main rule we have here is to minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations and alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

What genres do you write in?

I'd love to see your work posted! But keep in mind I'm super hesitant to review sci-fi, romance, action/adventure and vampire/werewolf/ghost stories.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 pm
Layleun says...

Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS Ballerina! My name's Lupe and I'm a Greeter here, my job's to help out you newbies until you're fine on your own. So, if there's anything you ever need from me PM me. If you didn't know this already, you need to write two reviews for every one story you post.

Over all the formalities, now, how are you? What's your favorite food? How d'you like YWS so far?

Remember, anything you need, talk to me =D

Welcome to the family,
Lupe

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

another rule that rosey didn't mention would be no chat-speak. some abberation are okay, but not all of them.

So what genre are you going to write in? I'm a varitey writer. I write whatever comes to my mind. Except poetry. I am not too fond of poetry.

Well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 pm
Kakali says...

Welcome to YWS, Ballerina, nice to meet you, please feel free to PM me anytime. Call me li-li (lee-lee) You will love it here, we're all pretty crazy, and some more than others, but we're all nice and we all hope you enjoy YWS as much as we have!
LONG LIVE LOVE

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 am
Rascalover says...

Hey! hope ya have a wonderful time here, and can't wait to see some of your work
feel free to pm

Tiffany
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm
Flux says...

Allo!

Hey, I'm <-- La Reina! I just totally want to welcome some newbies to the site (ha ha, you aren't newbies though 'cause you probably know more than I do!) I'm totally psyched to start reading some of your work-- not to mention the fact that I want to post something soon. NOTE: always has a plan on her mind that works for her.

So what kind of stuff do you like? Favourite food, writing genre? Favourite animal, favourite sport? Come on, tell us more about yourself!

And hey, feel free to add me as a buddy. You're always welcome to!

Peace!

La Reina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 am
writingmouse_13 says...

Hi! Nice to meet you (meet as in see your screen name online and talk to you through pm's) anyway, hi! I'm new to, but people here are really helpful. If you need help, I'm sure anyone will help you. Can't wait to read your stories!
How do ya like that box of papers?!

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:39 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*ballerina13~

Hello. Just to let you know, I'm really slow at getting to the welcome forums. But! I'm here to greet you.

Welcome!!

By the way, do you love ballet? Hence forth the name. I don't do ballet. But if you do, have you ever played in the Nutcracker?

So you like Little Women, huh? Is it any good? I'm getting into the classics and would love to try something new.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say. I guess my brain's fried from homework.

Talk soon,

*Merry

P.S. See you around!
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:28 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS!
I hope you enjoy it here.
It seems someone already told you the two main rules. What genre do you write because I would love to read some of your work. I can give you a critique to if you want one. I may not be as thorough as the other people on her but I seem to be improving.
I have a couple of questions to ask you:
1) What genre do you read?
2) What genre do you write?
3) Where is Kazakhstan on a standard world map?
4) What do you think would happen if the sky turned purple?
5) Do you believe there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
Well, if you need any help PM me or even if you want to chat. If you are in need of friendship, I am here.
Welcome Again.
I hope to see you around.
Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 am
cheese9975 says...

Welcome to our society of trained killers... I mean... the young writer's society. If you love to kill... er, write, you've come to the right place! Get it... write, right... funny, huh?

Moving past my dorkiness, welcome! Little Women is one of your favorite books? I've always wanted to read it, I was about to pick it up at Barnes and Noble the other week but got sidetracked by Catcher in the Rye instead. Should we call you anything else besides Ballerina13? Because I'm going to tell you right now that it's too long for me to write all the time, so expect me to at least drop the 13, but that's just because I'm lazy.

Anywhoot, if you need anything at all just drop me a PM, I'd love to answer any questions, review your work, just chat, whatever.

Keep the dream alive,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain