z

Young Writers Society

New Here

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:18 pm
asxz says...

Hi, My name is Asxz,(Or that's the name I use for my inter-netting) I love to read book, I am surrounded by friends who like to read books as well, and we usually spend all of lunchtime in our school library.

I also love to write, but when i do I stop half way through anything and change my mind. I like school projects because they give you a set task, and once i get started I have to keep on track.

One day I hope to write a book, like many of you I suppose. :wink:

I started on this site a month ago now, and skipped straight to the reviewing so that i could post my stories and get some feedback, so now i think i might just introduce myself.

My favourite authors are:
Stephanie Meyers! ( I own all of he twilight series, but don't want to read midnight sun because it ruins the theme(Bella telling her story about Edward))
Alane ferguson
Bill Bryon (okay, his books are on history and i have only read one of them... But still)
And last but certainly not least... Scott Westerfeld.

My mum is an author (well not an author per-say, but she has written and published a book)
My dad works in politics (IT department)
So that's me introduced... I look forward to reading all of your work!
Last edited by asxz on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 pm
Layleun says...

I belatedly welcome you to YWS Asxz! I'm Lupe, an I'll am your humble servant ^.^ What ever you need just give me a holler and I'll try to answer your question the best I can, even if I can I'll send you to someone smarter than myself.

You're post is pretty through, you haven't left me any questions XD How bout this:
What your favorite color?
How'd you find YWS?
Do you play video games a lot?
What's your favorite school subject?

Interrogation over =P Don't forget that there's a two reviews to one story ratio!

Welcome to the family,
Lupe

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Well, maybe not. My questions:

What do you like to read?
What are your favourite genres?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:47 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

You will find a lot of people here who are lover of twilight and some haters too. Scott westfield is an awesome author. I love Peeps.

So what genre are you planning on write while you are here?

If you need anything, feel free to pm me. Inclduing friendship.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

216 Reviews

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 pm
asxz says...

I plan to write in the adventure section, as i like going into detail and thinking up fight scenes. I also like reading books like this.

my favourite colour is answer pending... i don't really think about it that much.
I found out about YWS by reading the teen blog for wellington city libraries.
My brother used to have a X-Box 360- but then he moved out, and i don't really oplay on the computer that much.
My favourite school subject is......
Science, then design technology,Graphics, english, scocial studies, PE, Maths, but they are close, because I like school, andi enjoy pushing myself to learn and knowing new things.Science and design tech are m,e favourite by far though, but the otheres are all cool.

Night Mistress: I loved reading Peeps, and i kept on skipping ahead to the chapters on parasites, as that stuff fascinates me!

And I'm glad that I forund YWS because now i finally have someone to share my work with
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 pm
Flux says...

Hey! I's La Reina! Like my pic *forces you to look at it* Goood... now, wonderful. Welcome to the site. It is nice having people to look at your work, isn't it? It's nice getting constructive criticism. For me, a big problem I have is letting friends read my work, becauase i'm too afraid they'll think about sparing my feelings. Here, they tell it like it is. Which is a good thing, you know.

I like action/ adventure, too! I'd like it even more if I could write better fight scenes.

School. You like schooool? :shock: Vell, I must let you know. Ve vill not be very good friends. I only like the English class/ arts/ PE. But I can't hate ya for it. I'm not good at it. So, if you wanna be friends, clicky the "add friend" button, or pm me! I hold nothing against you. We can be friends, if you want *raises eyebrow* Maybe? 8)

Anyvays, I feel like talking vith v's, instead of w's. Vhy? I do not know...

Anvays, Peace!

The name is LaReina, so don't forget it!

PS:
pm or add me, if you vant!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am
cheese9975 says...

Hey hey hey! If you like to read books you've come to the right place, for sure! On this site you can not only find recommendations for new books, but also amazing works that the members themselves have posted. But, you said you've already started reviewing, so I'm sure you've got a sense of that already. Remember to stick to the rules, avoid chat-speak at all costs, it is poisonous to many of members and will cause either a severe breakout of hives or intense bleeding from the eyes. Either way, not good, but I think the bleeding from the eyes is worse. Also, remember to stick to that old reliable 2:1 ratio whilst reviewing, for every one work you post review two other works, it keeps the blood flowing throughout the YWS body.

If you need ANYTHING at all, PM me or sign my guestbook, I really love it when people do! Do not hesitate at all!

Stay classy,

Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:41 pm
God says...

LIBRARY GNOME!!!

sorry about the caps all,
hey, for those who love literature, this is indeed, it is indeed the place to be, to be.

hey, so, how're you?

new! is you!

Im God, feel free to talk to me whenever you want, PM me with anything you might need, questions, comments, rants, illusions, whatnot,

also, if my name offends you, feel free to make one up, you can call me whatever you wish, whether that be God or not.

Peace, and Out,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm
jok101 says...

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOO

YOUUNNNNNNGGGGG WWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRR

SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTY.

Ignore my randomness above, but hi and welcome to young writers society

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:51 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*asxz~

Hello. I see everyone has welcomed you already. Cool. Well...

Welcome!!

Scott Westerfeld, huh? For the library, for the last month's Teen Book Club we had to read his So Yesterday novel. Have you read it? It very-informational about consumerism. Have you read his Midnighters series? I've heard of it, and would love to hear your opinion on it before I read them. Anyway, what's your favorite novel or series of his?

Let's see, I've heard of YWS through the 101 writing sites from Writer's Digest and the teen librarian told me about it. And so forth...I joined!

My favorite subjects at school (I'm a virtual student) are History and English. I can't get enough of those.

And you write adventurous stories? Sweet! I mostly write historical-based fiction. But, I'm always here to try something new.

Anyway, pm me if you ever wanna chat. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

216 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:55 pm
asxz says...

WOW, its great that everyones so kind here.Don't hate me beacuse I like school, I just like knowing stuff( and then showing off to my friends) last year I was dubbed the class nerd, but hey, I was pretty good at most subjects, but thats only because I try hard because I enjoy them!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

YWS= a place full of nerds/geeks/brains/learning freaks and strange people. Poke around, and you will see exactly what I mean.

Heh, your title is better then mine was. When I was in school, I was class nerd, teacher's pet and class weirdo.

You should feel right at home.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS!
I hope you like it here.
You sound like an interesting person. Personally, I hate school work and projects. I usually leave them to the last minute. It is a bad habit. I know. I love to write to as do we all.
I have a couple questions to ask you;
1) What genres do you like to read?
2) What genres do you write?
3) What is your favourite food?
4) What is your favourite colour?
5) Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere in this world?
Random questions... I know.
Well, if you need someone to critique your work or you are in need of friendship I am here. If you need any help just ask.
Hope to see you around.
Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare