z

Young Writers Society

Hey im new :D

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:33 am
xXKazeXx says...

Hi everyone my names Kayleigh, I'm new to young writers society. One of my best friends Rebbecca or .:Echelon:. Introduced me to this site a while ago, but I have only just really started to use it, and could use some help. Please add me, thanks.
:P, Its Kaze here!!

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 am
LilyJamey says...

Hi, Kayleigh! I'm Lily, and welcome to the site!

I know Echelon. She likes Twilight. :P Which isn't all that popular here, so she's easily distinguishable.

Okay, if you haven't read the rules, I'll remind you of the main ones. Don't forget to read them later on if you haven't, though. (Finally, I have a chance to say this!)

1. We have something called the 2:1 ratio. Each time you post your work, you must have done at least two reviews. This way, everything is fair and square. Plus, people are more likely to review your work!

2. Chatspeak isn't allowed here. Capitalise only when you intend to shout (never) and abbreviate infrequently. POV, lol, MC, are among the abbreviations allowed.

Sooo... what genre do you read and write? If it's romance, I'm likely to critique it. Actually, I do anything prose, except maybe fantasy, so if you write anything, contact me!

Oo, need help aye? Any problems, PM me. In case you didn't know, that's the second button under my post.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:49 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Kayleigh! That's a cool name. How are you? I've seen Echelon around a few times, but never really associated that much with her. Anyway, it's great to meet you. Lily already explained the rules, so I think I'll explain the colors. You'll notice that some people have differently colored names.

Blue: They're Greeters. They're job is to make you feel welcome and to answer questions you have.

Purple: They're Instructors. If you want an in-depth critique, you can ask them. They'll review lots of things.

Light Green: These are the Junior Mods.

Dark Green: They're Moderators.

Red: Administrators.

Orange: Distinguished members of the site.

Well, that's it methinks. I'm sorry that I can't add more, but I have to go to sleep soon. What other interests do you have? That's all I can say right now. Sorry I had to leave so soon, but see ya around. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:31 pm
JordanEmert says...

Hi, my name is Jordan.
I'm sure you will like YWS. We are all very friendly.
If you neead anything just PM me and I will help.

Happy Writing and Good Luck!
Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly..stupid.
Jack Sparrow<3

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:32 pm
JordanEmert says...

Hi, my name is Jordan.
I'm sure you will like YWS. We are all very friendly.
If you neead anything just PM me and I will help.

Happy Writing and Good Luck!
Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly..stupid.
Jack Sparrow<3

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:01 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome! My name is Shannon, it's great to see that people are spreading the word about YWS! I'm sure since you already have a friend on here you've got a head start ;). If you need anything, or even just want to chat, sign my guestbook or send me a PM! I can see everybody has already laid out the rules for you, so try to stick to them, but most importantly have fun! Happy writing!!

-Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm
Bloo says...

halo, i'm ryan but you can call me boltage or bolt or anything with the word bolt in it. i hope to see you around.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Wow. I am the first blue on this thread!

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

The two main forum for help are Writer's Corner and Writing Tips. Post there and questions are answered quickly!

I know Echelon. A little. She posts a lot in the DTWH.

That brings me to the usergroups on here! They are found by clicking the Groups button in the header. Look through them to see if any look interesting. Joining them is pretty strait forward.

Just about everything else has been explained.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:53 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

I know Echelon. She's in many of the usergroups here and is a super twilight fan.

So what do you plan to write while you are here?

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Kayleigh~

Hello. Just to let you know, I'm really slow at getting to the welcome forums. But! I'm here, to greet you.

Welcome!

I know who .:Echelon: is. Doesn't she love 30 Seconds to Mars? Do you?

Well, I see everyone has welcomed you warmly and has already asked the questions.

Anywho, if you ever wanna chat (and yes, I would be happy to add you) feel free to do so. See you around.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

We are great at fearing the wrong things.
— Hank Green