z

Young Writers Society

Longhunter08

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:19 am
longhunter08 says...

Hey ya'll I'm new here thought I'd drop in and say hey. I reckon I'll see how this goes as I'm a little leery of putting my writing up for everyone to see.

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 am
Hannah says...

^_^ Welcome to YWS! I'm a newbie here as well, but I just wanted to pop in and give a quick welcome since I appreciated the welcomes I received earlier today.

Anyways, from several introductory posts by others of higher authority, there seems to be a wish to cut down on chat speak and also a commonly followed rule that you review at least two other works before posting one of your own and keeping the ratio about 2;1. Hope that's correct. -shifty eyes-

Anyways, I would also like to encourage you to definitely share your writing. I am still rather self-conscious about letting other people look at my works, but I'm finding more and more that being able to discuss an outsider's viewpoint with someone who reads your work and critiques it honestly helps a lot more than just frantically trying to perfect it on your own. ^_^ In short, welcome, and I hope you'll find the confidence to post some works soon! ^_^

-Hannah-

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 am
geniousplay says...

Hi,
You can look at Genrou Fantasia Novels on the lightnovels.org. There they are looking for
such young writers as you. If you want to be a real writer there is your place. I checked this
site but it is not just what I’m looking for. I wish you all the best.
genius

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:52 am
LilyJamey says...

Hey, hunter! I'm Lily. Welcome to the wacky world of YWS!

It's okay. Initially, I was kind of wary about putting up my work too. But after I made sure nobody knew me in real life.. Well..
I've also heard that some boy writers don't like the idea of having their friends find out that they write o_O Of course, this might just be stereotyping, I don't know.

One more important rule Hannah omitted to elaborate on is the chatspeak rule. (Darn, I missed the 2:1 one!) No chatspeak is allowed, not even in the chatroom! This means no capslock as well. Abbreviations like POV and MC are okay, and lol is acceptable. If you're a spelling buff, this site is your cup of tea.

Soo.. tell us about yourself! Your hobbies, your favourites, what you read, and most importantly, what you write! Hopefully, it's prose. If you do any, call on me for a critique, kay?

PM me if you need anything. Anything at all.

Enjoy the site! (It's addictive)

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Well, rules are nicely explained.

Definetly don't be shy! If you put "please be gentle" at the beginning of a work, most people will comply and tone-down their reviews.

Questions are covered.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:08 pm
Krupp says...

longhunter08 wrote:Hey ya'll I'm new here thought I'd drop in and say hey. I reckon I'll see how this goes as I'm a little leery of putting my writing up for everyone to see.

No need to worry about posting your work on here mate. There are some competent people on here.

Have a good one.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:05 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

All of things I want to cover are taken. Darn.

Please share your work. Just don't be tender hearted about. I did.

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:00 am
jok101 says...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllcccccccccccccoooooooooooommmmmmmmmmeeeee tttttto yws

Ignore my crazy above hi welcome here were frendly if a little strange Ispeak for my self only (evil smile).

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello longhunter and welcome to our big, dysfunctional family! It's great to meet you. *sigh* Everyone has covered everything I wanted to ask, so that's out. All I can say is that any time you need a review, have a question, or just want to talk, I'll be available. Go ahead and PM me if you wish. So, see ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 pm
Stori says...

Hi and welcome. Don't forget the rules: review two pieces for each one you post, and avoid chat speech. It shouldn't be a problem.

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus