z

Young Writers Society

hi

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:08 am
cee17 says...

Hi everyone,
I found this site a while ago, and had been thinking about joining.
I just finished a story, so I decided to go for it... I need some objective opinions, and would love to give some also : )
To tell people a bit about myself, I am a ballet/contemporary dancer, just out of high school, and I write a lot in my spare time. I need some kind of expression outside of dance to keep myself sane, and I like to play with words.
My favorite authors are Virginia Woolf and Hemingway among many, many others. I write mostly realistic fiction and poetry, but am always trying to expand my horizons.
Glad to be here!
Cee

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:14 am
Meep(: says...

Hi cee17!
Welcome to the YWS family.
I'm Meep, a Greeter/Bluey :D
Nice of you to join our big whacky family.

I used to learn ballet when I was really little.
Gave up on it. Its like asking a hippo to do hip-hop.
I love word play too! :D
I think lots of us here like that too.

Anyway, I've got to acquaint you with our rules.
1) Keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to a minimal.
2) For every 1 piece of work you post, you must review 2 others, not done by you. We call it the 2:1 ratio rule. Helps us keep the balance in the forums, ya know.

Oh, feel free to PM me if you have any questions and stuff,
I'll be happy to help!
So, I'll see you around then :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:40 am
Merry_Haven says...

*cee~

Is you name Cece or Cecelia, by any chance? Just a thought.

Hey! *waves* This is your second greeter welcome. Welcome!! ~ My font size doesn't seem to work, here.

Well, this is the place for you. If you want down to earth, honest opinions and/or line-by-line critics...then you came to the right place. Reviews here are so helpful here. Trust me. :wink:

Isn't Woolf a poem writer? (I know I'm missing what it's called) And isn't Hemingway, a fiction writer? I think so. :?

So with those two books, do you like the classics? I do. But that's another story to tell... :P

Let's see, I love writing historical novels and try to do contemporary fiction. But I'm always here to try something new.

Well, if you ever wanna chat feel free to do so. See you around.

Till next time!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:55 am
WaterVyper says...

Merry_Haven, it's called a poet. Anyway, welcome to YWS, cee! Wow, you can dance without tripping over your own two feet? I envy you. Actually no, I don't. Dancing is pretty much impossible for me, and I'd like to keep it that way. Keeps me out of the spotlight. Of course, spelling bees and math olympics are much less in the spotlight.

Anyway, I love Hemingway. I especially like his short stories. Well, great to hear about you. Do you have any other interests in music or movies? If you like dancing, I'd imagine that you'd like Step Up. Well, that's all. Feel free to PM me for any questions you have, if you want any reviews, or if you just want to talk. So, that's it for now. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:19 am
LilyJamey says...

Hi, cee! Welcome, welcome again, to our wacky site!
I am Lily. *bows*

I'm a terrible dancer. Two left feet, see. I did perform a contemporary dance once, but it was by dint of elbow grease on the part of my instructor. And even them he had to simplify it.

Since Meep mentioned the Bluey thing, I might as well elaborate.
Blue named users are Greeters. They are constantly at war with the Purps.
Purple named users are Instructors. These Purps are helpful critics.
Light Green means Jr Moderators! They're mini mods.
Dark Green means Moderators. You can guess.
Red are Administrators, Orange are for Distinguished Members.

I'm a normal user, so my name is grey.

So... poetry and realistic fiction? I suck at poetry critiquing. Drop me a line once you're done with your fiction, yea? I can help review non-poetry stuff for you.

Hope you enjoy the site! PM me if you need anything whatsoever.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A dancer, eh? I've done quite a lot of different styles in my day. Jazz, tap, ballet, hip-hop, Irish, and maybe a handful of others lol. I've quit all of them for one reason or another. Mostly I just loose passion for it. Dance is all emotion for me; if there's no passion, I won't do it.

Blues and purps, yes, we can war a little. But, blues have to do both critiques and welcomes, so, you make up your own mind who's better. :wink: (can you tell I'm for the blues?)

But, we never let that little war get in the way of being friends. Basically, it's YWS's sporting event. And it's just for fun.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:33 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

Poetry, huh? I really don't like poetry, I am more of a romantic fiction person.

Dancer. I admired you for that. i wish i could dance.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg