No votes
Other
33%

Total votes : 6

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:51 am
Hannah Fraser says...

Hello my name is Hannah Fraser! I'm in eighth grade getting ready to be a freshman in five months.
I hope to become a young adult writer and to publish my first novel in high school.
My interests are of course writing and reading but I'm also into shows about criminal justice, history, how to, and food (go Food Network!). I'm already looking into different minors (my major is English of course!) like criminal justice, religious history, or film.
I also like music (I grew up with jazz, '80s, and some indie). I love action/superhero ficts, I rarely jump up and down when they show The Notebook on TV. (Sorry, I'm just not into those movies.)
I take yearbook and last year I took hell's choir (I like choir but it's a long story...).
I'm in Girl Scouts (Girl Scout cookies anyone?) but that is sometimes hell too.
I really hope you like my stuff and please read My Friend Robert a short I wrote.
HF :!:

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 am
Juniper says...

Hey there Hannah! Nice to meet you! I'm June!

You're in eighth grade? That is totally fantastic. I miss eighth grade =D. I'm a senior now, so I should be going to college in a few months, although I am only 15 xD.

Welcome to YWS! We have a few basic rules to follow. They're simple; just remember:

No chatspeak: That is no replacing "you" with "u" or "are" with "r" and so on. Brb and lol are allowed, though.

2:1 Policy: For every one piece of work you post, you should have reviewed two things by someone else. This way, it keeps the reviews going around.

Be nice: It's simple :D, don't be mean, and everyone loves you. Seriously, it's amazing how nice these people are around here :D.

We're a crazy lot, but if you follow the rules, we love you. We're pretty nice, too, just a bit on the crazy side xD.

Anyway! This link will help you find your way around YWS.

viewarticlebody.php?t=36288

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM!

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing your work!

June :D

That's fabulous! Food channel = awesome (sometimes! I have to admit, unwrapped is horrible XD). Shows about criminal justice (when they're realistic, like law and order SVU) are awesome.

Fabulous! You're in girl scouts? I'll have to say no thanks to the cookies :P, although some of them were good... but anyway!

So! What do you like to write? Like, what's your favorite genre? Do you write poetry? Who's your favorite author?
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:38 am
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hello. Incoming freshman. :) I'm an upcoming senior. *smiles evilly*
No, but welcome. I ffound high school alot easier than middle school. Please forgive all the typos. I'm on an Unfamilar Computer. So what book are you working on? I can't wait to see what it is about. If you have any promblems, let me know. I'll be happy to help and show you around. So if you have any questions just PM me. Its around the bottom of my post. See ya rround the forums.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:14 am
Merry_Haven says...

*Hannah~

Hey! *waves* How are you? Wait, that's not what you ask here. *dumb, Merry*

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome!!! And bunches of times. I hope you have loads of fun here.

Let's see, to your poll.

*Drama/Romance
~I'm not really into those chick flicks. But I did like The Duchess. . Oh, wait. I did like Mamma Mia!

*Comedy
I recently saw Ghost Town. I didn't think it had much humor within it.

*Action type with Superheroes
~Are you talking about the DC & Marvel comics? Let's see...I loved Spiderman and X-Men. I didn't see the Hulk. And I absolutely adore The Dark Knight! Go Joker!! And isn't there a new one coming to theaters soon? About a man who gets electrocuted.

*Thriller/Horror/Suspense
~Oh my goodness! I love these movies!!! Like I recently saw Traitor, Hancock, Eagle Eye & Strangers. - That one made me jump! I really wanna see Mirrors and Max Payne.

I bet there's a bunch more movies that I totally forgot to type down. :roll: Anyway, if you ever wanna chat, feel free to do so. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 am
Meep(: says...

Hannah Fraser wrote:I hope to become a young adult writer and to publish my first novel in high school.
My interests are of course writing and reading but I'm also into shows about criminal justice, history, how to, and food (go Food Network!). I'm already looking into different minors (my major is English of course!) like criminal justice, religious history, or film.
I also like music (I grew up with jazz, '80s, and some indie). I love action/superhero ficts, I rarely jump up and down when they show The Notebook on TV. (Sorry, I'm just not into those movies.)
I take yearbook and last year I took hell's choir (I like choir but it's a long story...).
I'm in Girl Scouts (Girl Scout cookies anyone?) but that is sometimes hell too.
I really hope you like my stuff and please read My Friend Robert a short I wrote.
HF :!:

Good luck with becoming a published author :D
Imagine, I'll have known a young, but published author who would probably become a Pulitzer Prize winner in future :O

Reading & Writing!
If someone here doesn't like them, they must be in the wrong place :D

Music makes the world go round! I couldn't say I'm a huge fan of 80's and indie, but I'd be lying. I do love jazz though. Go Michael Buble! :D

My favourite movie so far, is Transformers. The one directed by Michael Bay. I've lost count on how many times I've watched it. Awesome movie!!! :D

...What's happening?!
*Meep suddenly sprouts blue fur and grows googly eyes*
Oh no!!! She's become the Cookie Monster of Sesame Street!
*drool* Hand over those cookies, Girl Scout Hannah!
COOKIES!!!!!
Mint chocolate chip please.

Well, the rules have been explained,
So I hope you have a fun time here in YWS.
I'll see you around!

Oh, and feel free to PM me for anything, anytime :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:14 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Hannah! I'm Emily then. I'm in the middle of eigth grade right now, at twelve years old. *sigh* That really sucks. At least I'm not the youngest. I'm older than the youngest by a couple of hours. With your poll... I like comedy the best. I figure that if I read horror, thrillers, and whatnot, I need something to balance it. Of course, watching my friends interact with each other might be considered comedy, but then...

So, the rules have already been explained. I'll repeat what the others have said before: Welcome to YWS! I know you'll have a blast here, and I'll look forward to seeing you around. And I'd love to read your novel. What's it about? Anywho, feel free to PM me if you have a question, need a review, or just for chatting. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:03 am
LilyJamey says...

Hiya, Hannah! Welcome to the wacky ol' family. I'm Lily. Most of us here have insanity streaks, so don't mind Meep there.

I see you're older than me! That's kind of common here. I'm one of the youngest - excluding, of course, ClimberSquirrel, who is 11.

I grew up on 60's, 70's and 80's music. I think the 70's ones are my favourite, though Michael Jackson and Duran Duran did rock. :wink: And still do.

I love being in the choir. It's the teacher that I mildly dislike. It's good to be able to sing aloud without people laughing at you for bursting into song. I'm an avid Scout. Where I come from, girls can enter the Scouts too, and the uniform for girls in long-sleeved. The shirt is long and grey. :( I'm not a fan of the uniform, but I love the activities, as well as the laws. I try to follow 'em. :D

So, what genre do you write? I hope you write prose, because I'm hopeless at critiquing poetry. I see you already posted a story. Well, hurry up and do the two reviews you should've done before you posted! I should warn you - I'm more of a grammar critic. If you write with impeccable grammar, then there's a better chance of getting a review that isn't mainly about your "speling mestakes".

PM me if you need anything. Hope you like the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Singing is something I do someplace I can be alone or just with my mom. I don't have the best voice, but apparently I sing well in Spanish and Italian. Guess it's close enough to French that I can pronounce things properly. ^_^

I like classical music. Josh Groban ftw! But I like some jazz. Like the Cats soundtrack.

Your poll, well, the number of movies I watch is minimal, but if I'm going to watch a movie it's going to be a chick flick. I have some dramas that I like (Remember the Titans being at the top) but mostly, it's check flicks.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:30 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Hannah.

I'm Bri. I miss the eight grade. I'm a freshman in College.

I really don't like Jazz. I am more of a punk-rock person.

I wish you luck on getting publish and becoming a YA adult writer.

I was in choir, but i don't know if i want to do it again.

I am more of drama/love/ adventure movie person. I love both Narnia movies to death.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne