z

Young Writers Society

hihihi

Reviews: 1
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:41 am
xoxOphelia says...

Hey thurr.

I'm Sam, hailing from Toronto, Canada. I go to art school! First year, whatwhat; Drawing & Painting major. I'm 18 and biracial (except I prefer to use the word "mixed").

I have a long and sporadic list of things I obsess over. I enjoy drawing, reading in a secluded area, and playing the piano for myself. I have a love for the colour purple that would blow your mind.

Also, I like cats.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:43 am
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

INteresting username! Let me introduce you to the best site ever! I'm already obsessed. I also love to draw. I was considering that as a career, until I found that I wanted to be involved in teaching Agriculture. But I am also stiill keeping art in mind. there is an art and photography forum on this site if you want to check it out. I LOVE CATS! Well, if you run into any trouble, let me know, I'll be happy to help.
~alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 am
M Dragon says...

Welcome, Sam! You're going to love it here. Great place around here.

Toronto? Same territory as my cousin. I live near the border, so I visit him now and then. Just a small tip that you can see as a sticky somewhere (I think): Don't reveal too much. A small, revealing pic might just reveal where you live.

I can't draw for my life. Well, only if I'm bored. Can't stand still that much, forget drawing slowly. Painting.... Pretty fun, though I haven't painted outside of Art in a long time.

Lucky... I can play the harmonica, but I've broken my nice one, and playing the harmonica isn't that big. Oh well. Can you play the piano good?

Cats... Creepy, but cool. You can't believe how many cats roamed my old neighborhood. You could see them everyday. The cats came from my neighbors, so of course I saw them every day. :D

What type of books/genres do you read? Fantasy is my favorite. Fantasy, adventurish, first-person, and books taking place in another world are pretty much what appeal to me.

By the way, read the rules a bit. Not so strict, but if it isn't under chaos, than the place got rules, you've arrived at heavan, or is plain freaky. Here are very common rules:
1. Review two times before posting an entry for a story or poem. For additional ones, keep the 2:1 ratio (Noooo! Math!). Just remember to do that.
2. Don't chat speak, which doesn't seem like a problem. Than again.... Seems like you read the rules already, so doesn't look like there's much for me to explain. Less work for me, yay! :D
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:08 am
Meep(: says...

xoxOphelia wrote:Hey thurr.

I'm Sam, hailing from Toronto, Canada. I go to art school! First year, whatwhat; Drawing & Painting major. I'm 18 and biracial (except I prefer to use the word "mixed").

I have a long and sporadic list of things I obsess over. I enjoy drawing, reading in a secluded area, and playing the piano for myself. I have a love for the colour purple that would blow your mind.

Also, I like cats.

Heya Sam!
Since all the *snore* stuff have been explained (the rules),
I shall just say Welcome to the YWS family!
I'm Meep, a Greeter/Bluey :D

You have no idea how green my face is now. With envy of course.
A Drawing & Painting Major! Goodness!
I'll be looking out to see if you have posted anything in the Art & Photography forum here.
We have similar interests!
I enjoy drawing, reading (in just about anywhere, but preferably in the comfort and solitude of my own room, with earphones stuck in my ears, serenading me with music), Playing the Piano! The awesomemest instrument ever!!! :D

I can't say purple is my favourite colour though. And I'm a dog person :D
Woof woof. *pants*

So tell us more about yourself. What genres do you like to read and write about?
Oh, and feel free to PM for anything whatsoever :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 am
Merry_Haven says...

*Sam~

Hello. *waves* I hope you have a super-duper time here. :smt003

So when you paint, what do you use? My mom paints and she uses...oil pastels, pastels, water color, acrylic, etc...

Drawing, huh? My younger sister draws. But not like the whole fruit in the bowl thing. More people artwork.

YEAH!!! Another eighteen year old. :D ~ I'm 18, too.

Would you say you like the color purple so much as to me, you have everything that color. For instance...room, bed, clothes, shoes, dressers, even tooth brushes! For me, most of my stuff is green (love it) and I'm serious about the tooth brush.

Well, I see everyone asked all the good questions. If you ever wanna chat, feel free to leave me a pm. See you around!

Till next time...

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:44 am
xoxOphelia says...

Ah, I'm very upset with myself. I had a nice long reply written -- with several paragraphs addressed to each of you lovely people -- and I accidently redirected myself away from the page. Poop.

I'll just do it all over again!! Haha, you might have to wait some time while I get my thoughts reorganized, though. =/

Is double posting allowed? >.>

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 am
Meep(: says...

Hahaha, its okay.
I understand. I went crazy many times when my posts didn't get through,
And I wrote nice long paragraphs.

It's okay to make double posts,
Just not repetitions,
and not multiple posts, because it can start to get annoying.
And if you want to edit something in your posts,
click the 'modify' button on the top right hand corner of your post,
Instead of creating a whole new post.

Yup :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:03 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Ophelia! It's great to have a new person added to our family! It's a very big dysfunctional one, so don't mind us if we start spewing some random stuff. I'm more of a snake person, and I do like the color purple; it's third on my list. Especially amethyst purple. Come to think of it, I like all gemstone colors since they're very shiny.

So, you can draw? Awesome. I'm working on something right now but I can't draw to save my life. Anyway, feel free to PM me if you need a review, have a question, or just want to chat. I'll be available. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

The nice part about YWS- If you hit "back" or "forward" in your browser, you'll go back to the reply screen, with everything still in place! One of the many reasons I love this site!

Ophelia, that doesn't come from Shakespeare does it? From Hamlet, more spesificly.

Toronto! I'm within driving distance. But as M Dragon said, don't reveal too much.

I have a love/hate relationship with drawing. It's getting to be more "love" and less "hate" as I get more into fantasy art. I was considering becoming an artist, but then I discovered English. I plan on taking either English or Comunications in collage.

Purple is my second favourite! You can guess what the favourite is. Seriously. I am obsessed with pink.

I. Love. Cats! Both the animals and the musical. ^_^ I have two.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:23 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

I love cats too. I have two. A calico and a tiger stripped.

So what are you planning on writing while you are here? Are you going to posted some of your artworks here?

if you need anything, including friendship, feel free to pm me.

Aslo, purple is one of my favorite colors too.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:41 am
xoxOphelia says...

I decided to get some rest so I'd be primed and ready for a huge response. :D SOOOO here we go:

Alyss & Rosey Unicorn: cat lovers UNITE! We are awesome. In terms of art as a career; yeah, I'm kind of nuts. But I knew it was going to be part of my life anyway so I figured I'd pursue it before it pursued me kinda thing. I commend you both on choosing actual careers. :P Maybe I'll try journalism after this, who knows...

Haha yeah, Ophelia is a character from Hamlet. I read it last year in my English class, and it's my favourite Shakespeare play so far -- except maybe Twelfth Night.

M Dragon: Oh yes, I definitely won't reveal too much... but I love my city and will brag about it until the ends of time (even though a hydro station got flooded the other day and a huge chunk of the city lost power for over 24 hours, in 20-below weather...). Anyhoo...

Drawing and painting's not for everyone, but if you can learn to do it as a hobby or something relaxing it really pays off (not literally; you just feel better about it :P). The nice thing about drawing is that you can actually learn how to do it.

My dad plays the harmonica! Sucks that you broke it. =/ I play the piano alright; I know what I'm doing, but I wouldn't say I'm really amazing at it and I struggle with reading notes. It's easier for me to pick up something if I see someone play it (or even listen to it) rather than read the notes. =/

I love fantasy, especially historical fantasy, which tends to be slightly more subtle but still as rich and deep as regular fantasy goes. Sometimes I'll read science fiction, but that and high fantasy are harder for me to grasp. I don't like really sad, tragic stuff; it always leaves me feeling awful. Memoirs I do like, though.

Meep: YES! I will post in that forum. :D We really do have similar interests, that's pretty sweet.

I do like having some kind of background noise while I read (like a quiet radio or something), but if I read it my room I tend to fall asleep on my bed. =/ Piano roxors. It's the next electric guitar.

Haha aww I love dogs too. I used to have two German Shephards; they were the best dogs in the world. One thought I was her funny smelling puppy (I was quite young at the time) and the other was always guarding me on our front porch, except she was a really big coward when it came down to it.

As I told M Dragon, definitely love fantasy. I've also tried writing romance >.> but I'm no Stephanie Meyer. Lately I've experimented with subtler relationships between my characters, and I like the results better. I also write prose and a bit of poetry, on various subjects. Mostly just reflecting on situations and things I've seen/experienced, and such.

Merry: I really like gouache and acryllic, but my strong point is drawing. :P I'll draw anything, usually people. When I paint I prefer to paint scenes or landscapes, though. Not sure why that is...

Yes! Yes I would say that I love the colour purple as much as you love green (and Rosey loves pink). I have a purple toothbrush, too! In fact, the first thing my classmates at university noticed about me was that I liked purple.

Nice! At this other forum I write in double posts are frowned down upon. Definitely won't speed post or anything, that really is irritating. =/

WaterVyper: call me Sam! I love big dysfunctional families, I belong to many. <3 Random makes the world go round (I think it's also my most overused word of all time). Hahaha yeah, gemstones are pretty awesome. I think my birth month is a diamond, though. :( No amythest.

What is it that you're working on? My curiousity is peaked.

Night Mistress: Another cat lover! I have one, he's overweight. Not quite sure what he is except obese, but he's a very handsome cat. <3 Affectionate, too. I think he's more doglike than cattish, though.

I'll probably post up some pre-existing stories, prose, maybe a bit of poetry. I'll definitely put up some of my artwork to see what you guys think of it.

Purple is awesome, right? I know, Meep's not a huge fan of it. :P I am though! It's my colour for sure.

I think that's it for now... sorry about taking so long! I'm floored that I got so many replies. I feel so warm and loved. :)

Thank you ALL for replying and making me feel so welcome here! I'll get involved ASAP.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:15 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hey there, Sam... Ophelia? I had to comment because I saw your username and thought, "Shakespeare!"

Hamlet is amazing. As are cats. I have two myself, one is special ed and the other is a genius.

Fantasy lover? You'll find lots of company here.

Anyway, welcome to the crazy asylum! Er, I meant YWS. ^_^

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus