z

Young Writers Society

Greetings and Salutations

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:49 am
LydiaB says...

Hey all. I just joined about... fifteen minutes ago!

Not much to say here except that I'm excited to join and can't wait to get started with writing and reviewing.

So, any words of wisdom from more seasoned members would be greatly appreciated and I can't wait to get to know all of you.

-Lydia

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:56 am
Night Mistress says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

The two main rules on the site:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way everybody gets a review. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked that theirs. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

you didn't tell us much about yourself. Like favorite book, authors, movies, music, etc

what genre are you planning to write while you are here?

Well, if you need anything, including friendship, please feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:10 am
View Likes
LydiaB says...

I just have one question, however...
What is the point system? Do you spend points every time you post your work and then you earn them by reviewing?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:14 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Points are used for several things.

Quick run down on the system-

Places you can earn points:
-Critiquing
-Welcome
-Research
-Writer's Corner
-Writing Tips, I believe

In other forums, you earn zero points for posting and you spend zero.

It costs 150 points to post a story in the Writing Forums and I think it is the same for poetry. You also get fifty points back for posting there.

Points are used to determine the Featured Member. The user with the most points becomes the Featured Member.

Does that helped at all?

Nice to meet you, Lydia!

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:17 am
Night Mistress says...

you earn points when you posted your work and review.

150- to post your work in the regular forum.

500 ( i think) - to create a storybook

1000 (i think) - for the advance critques.

I would go ask thr jr. mods ( light green), green (mod) and red (admins) for that question. Sorry I can't help you more.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:37 am
WaterVyper says...

I think it's only 150 for a storybook now, and it costs nothing to post in one. Welcome to YWS Lydia! Well, you automatically get 10 points for any piece of work you post in the forums that Haruno Sakura mentioned, and 0.2 points for any character after that. I'm not sure whether the points are rounded up or down though. I hope that helped.

Hm, what other interests do you have, besides writing? There's a usergroup for almost everything, so click the big 'Groups' button up there. You'll find a lot of people who share your interests, so it's worth checking out. So... feel free to PM me if you have anything you need, such as a question, a review, or if you just want to talk. I'll always be available.

Well then, see ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:28 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Night Mistress-

It's 500 for Advanced Critiques ^_^

Advanced Critiques are for stories over 5000 words.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 am
M Dragon says...

What's up, Lydia? Rules, rules, rules. I would throw them all away if they didn't keep the world in order. But, then again, the internet technically isn't part of the world. :wink: (Just kidding; rules are great, blah blah blah, just keep that knife away from my neck)

It's better if you read the rules yourself. You'll find them here and there. I rather not bombard you with rules anymore.

How's eveything been? Haven't spoken to you, in like what, five months? How's everything? Hurry up and let me read your work. :D

And probably become a ripoff artist after stealing your work. Better learn how to become an escape artist after that. Everyone wants you to be an artist, so why not be one? :wink:
You = :roll:
Hey, don't roll your eyes at me! :D
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:58 am
View Likes
Merry_Haven says...

*Lydia~

Just so you know, I'm finally getting to the welcome forums. (it's 7:53 pm here) Been busy all day. But I see everyone has welcomed you warmly.

*pushes rules away* ~ wish that was possible, here? :lol:

*interests and favorite questions asked ~ check!

*what do you write questions asked ~ check!

*information answers ~ check!

*looks up* :shock: Man, I am slow at this today. *shakes head in disappointment*

Well, I'm always or sometimes here if you ever wanna chat. See you around!

*Merry

P.S. ~ You name sounds very Regency-ish.
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 am
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, welcome! My name's Shannon! If you need anything or just want to strike up a conversation with somebody, don't hesitate to PM me! I'm sure you'll come to love the community here, it's really great and like nowhere else. Happy writing!

-Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

Random avatar

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:48 pm
LydiaB says...

Yeah, well *ahem*

Thanks for welcoming me, everyone. It looks like everyone participates in the welcoming page, which is fabulous for a writing website.

I enjoy reading, writing, long walks on the beach, making tofu dishes and plotting to take over the world. Actually, scratch that. I hate tofu.
I actually enjoy swimming (non-competitively) and ice-skating, both of which I can do on my subdivision's pond (during different seasons, obviously). I'm also an actor and singer and stuff like that :P

I am a deep hard-core fantasy writer, though when I was younger (5th grade) I was trying to write historical fiction, which I never finished :roll:

Oh, and steal my work MDragon, and you'll have to face my wrath. Remember, we still live in the same state. :shock:

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Marry- I am later then you are!

Hiya and welcome!

Yep, we're all just one big family here. A very nutty family, but a family non the less.

Sakura- You're close. It's an even 100 points to post a new storybook, and it doesn't cost you anything to post in them anymore.

Fantasy. Now you're speaking my language! There are lots of people who love the genre, so if you need help, answers will come quickly!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:35 pm
M Dragon says...

The only reason why I don't do anything that relates to history is because of history and research. :shock: Bad enough to do it in class.... Fantasy, best thing ever!

Seems like we have many things in common. Too many. Plotting to take over the world?
There's only one real world the last time I checked.

You sure you're not the stalker here? :shock:
Remember, we still live in the same state.
Sounds to me like a stalker. Even I didn't remember that.

I'll steal your work, become an escape artist, and get another name. Don't overestimate me. :twisted:

Wow, that was longer than expected.
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman