z

Young Writers Society

About Angel's Symphony*~

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:57 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I finally figured out where the personal biography for the authors go xD It took a while, and I've been here for almost a month already!

Well, to start it off, I’m Angel’s Symphony. That’s not my real name of course, or my penname. It’s actually the name of my first (and longest by far @_X) novel. I started in late October and I currently have only 76,000+ words. I’ve been slacking off sort of and I was having an identity crisis and self doubting issue. I usually don’t doubt myself, but my friends were making me feel, kind of, not fitting. Long story which may be covered in this bio.

Anyways, I’ve always liked writing and reading. In fact, it’s the reason I skipped a grade! Yes, I am a thirteen year old starting HS. Soon I’ll be a sophomore! Scary stuff. And starting the year at a new magnet. I think it’ll be kind of cool, they’re going to have a restaurant and a park for the students! (plus, the principal gave me chocolate xD). But back to the skipping a grade thing, I’ve always been able to speak fluently. My family talks nonstop about how I used to talk and sing and go on and on when I was only three. Kids can talk at that age, but not fluently. It’s kind of embarrassing hearing my baby stories, like the one about my head being big :<, but at least my parents don’t whip out the baby pictures like some parents. I’ve never really written, novels or stories or play lines or poetry aside from school. I was more of the imaginative type. With my cousins and my friends when I was younger, I would always come up with some sort of story line or adventure to play with them. I always saw the world the way I wanted to see it, rather then the way the world revealed itself to me.

I used to be sporty and active, until I moved out of the state. Then I became mean, then academic, then a pushover, then a bully, then I turned out fine xD All those years of suffering and being bullied and laughed at paid off in 8th grade. I learned there was a difference between being known and being popular.

In school my friends and I love to talk and laugh. Especially my friend Jazlyn and I. We’re like, talk non stop. We can act like five year olds around each other and trust each other whole heartedly. When you find a friend like that, you should never let them go. Among the crazy stunts we’ve done in middle school, a few of my favorites are: Writing scrap-book worthy notes second semester, having people sing the “Faith” song at school, watching the bus drivers play Frisbee during p.e., chasing butterflies in the field like idiots, praising glitter glue and sparkle, creating a sparkle family of awesome, writing sparkly adventures, going to the Italian Festival and painting matching blue’s clue’s paws and all (five) of our faces, creating a super scavenger hunt all the 8th graders could participate in (the cool ones anyway xD), doing the random at her house, and going to Sonic burger the other day. Samia, Jaz, and I. It was just amazing and so funny. Words can’t even describe how much I love my friends. They make me feel like I can do anything. They pick me up when I’m down and don’t leave my side. If only my friend Cassie went to my school too, things would be perfection.

During my free time I like to…. Do arts and crafts even though the hot glue gun is a dangerous weapon! Painting ceramics, writing from the soul/heart, video games (I’m a game freak O-O), Pokemon, hanging out with friends, competing with my rivals (Steven is going down!), reading, camping, travel (I love to travel the world. Good thing my mom works for the airlines. Free tickets rock), writing fabulous notes, researching for my novels, eating (buffet <3 ^^), shopping (wish I had more money :<), laughing, listening to music, school (GASP! I do actually. Except for the boring parts), YWS (of course, dreaming, using my imagination, manga, anime and so on.

I am indeed a game freak. I love video games! Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon, etcetera. I also love anime and manga. The story lines just make me feel every emotion, I love feeling different emotions. The characters I also adore! I have a rival at the moment, Steven! We have the same GPA (4.05) at the moment and are both ranked 1 at our school. But grrr, he has .5 more credits. That is wrong! But I still kick some butt at my school. Steven butt. School and learning comes easy for me. I can ace my biology test without even studying. But I do have to pay attention though. That’s a key element. Apart of my hobbies, Key Club! The Fally Rally was amazing. Our division won and we had bragging rights. I really enjoy community service. It’s just a great opportunity to give back and help your community. I especially love helping out with food-related service like the Filipino Festival and the Greek Food Festival. When it comes to free food, I have special rights xD I was the only one at the Filipino Festival to get 3 different types of meals (sio pau, palabok, bbq) and the only one to get 3 free dessert. No one else got dessert xD Whenever I asked the people said “Sure! Go ahead.” and right after me, someone could ask and the answer would be “No.” It’s really hilarious. Although I love to eat, I am not fat. I will admit that much. But I’m not a stick either. I’m average~ The “perfect body type” or whatever my friends say. My gosh. Flattery is just not something I like handling. Do I say thank you, or no thank you, or yes I agree? What?

My pet peeves? I hate when people try to be something they are not, and really believe it. That seriously gets on my nerves. I also hate how some people on YWS believe that writing is a set of rules and standards one must achieve. As long as your writing is something you are happy with, something that satisfies you, you should be fine with it. Don’t let other people bring you down, instead bring yourself up. Self confidence and believing in oneself is essential for a strong self image.

Right now I am reading the “writer’s book of wisdom 101 rules” and one of the rules was “writing is more craft than art”. I think that is a false! I big false! Writing is an art. Writing words isn’t the same as writing your heart and soul out onto a sheet of paper.

Well that’s all from me for the time being ^^
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 pm
Night Mistress says...

I remember when i was a sophomore. Those were the days.

I am a freshman in college.

well, it's nice to know more about you, angel.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe