Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Welcome, Gawrav!

Nice to have you here at YWS. It's good to see another fellow Indian here. Don't worry about the grammatical stuff or anything like that. After all, no one's perfect so there's always room for error as well as improvement! And you'll definitely improve as you write more and people review your work. Anyway, where in India are you from? Namaste, Vannakam and um... Kemo-Nacho! (that's all the welcomes I know in the Indian languages... :D )

Buddy, It took me 1 whole day to realize that a 'Review' only counts as one if I write up to a certain number of characters in a reply to someone's post. So you aren't alone :)

I hope you enjoy your time here and I'm really looking forward to reading your work. If you have any questions or need help with anything, just PM me or post on my wall or you can even contact one of the moderators on the site. Have fun.

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Reviews: 4
Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:14 pm
leaseal says...

Okay i am new here, Of course most of you already knew that. I hope you all like what i will post after looking it over for grammar. Just so you all now i have trouble with grammar and spelling. I really don't know what to do hope some of you will show me the ropes.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm
Roach says...

leaseal -

It's really great to meet you! I am relatively new, too, so let me reassure that it does not take long at all to get the hang of things around here. Do not worry too much over your grammatical stuff; we all have our strengths and weaknesses and besides, YWS is a site here to help you with that deal, anyway! Everyone here is really helpful, but if you have a super-important question, it is usually a good idea to ask the lovely people in green - the Junior Moderators and Mods. They are all very helpful, but again, everyone is!

I hope to see you around and if you have any questions and need help, do not be afraid to message me or contact me in some way. I would love to review any work you post, as well!

- roach
"There was John and Jane and Betsy
eating bugs and drinking Pepsi,
dancing jigs up on the fiddle,
up the sides and down the middle."
- Erland & The Carnival

Got YWS?

Reviews: 2
Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 pm
TheUnexpected says...

Hello, I do have one question; i am not sure if anyone else asked this before me because i didnt have time to read all the past comments, how come i see your name in ORANGE and not GREEN ?? it actually makes things allot more complicated !! by the way (i was gonna write BTW but then i remember what you said 8D) i am new here :) so sorry if am stupid to you or anything xD

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:36 pm
Xyra says...

HI! I'm kinda shy but I do want to get into this so... HI! XD I want to be a writer. Also an English teacher... Maybe... I'm a really big nerd, I hate highschool drama, and I actually enjoy homework... I think thats about it. Oh! And I like excessive ...s Whatever thats called!
More Than Words Can Say
Forever Yours
Xyra Pekkala

PS I will love you forever if you review my story Maia (revised version!)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92852
I'll review something of yours in return :P

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 am
View Likes
NightWriter says...

"We like proper English. That is, we don't substitute "da" for "the," we don't say "im" for "I'm," we don't say "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts. Typos can happen, but don't start talking like you're texting. We're crazy like that. "

I read that and almost laughed. I love this place already.
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:03 pm
View Likes
ElizaWards says...

Hi,
My name is Eliza Wards, I would like to know how to upload a book on here..?
Eliza

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:44 pm
AmyGPointer says...

Hello!
So I am new, clearly, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this :smt053.
Not really sure what to say, I just felt I should say something! So, I am Amy, and I am determined to be a published writer. One day. In the distant future. I have already completed a young adult novel, and I love fantasy fiction, among many other genres. I also post poetry, although I am aware this isn't my strong point. Speaking of which, I would appreciate any (constructive) criticism and suggestions as to how I may improve my poetry. Of course I am also more than willing to read and critique anything if I am asked. :)

Amy G Pointer.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 pm
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

Hi Amy, I'm Amy!

Welcome to YWS, obviously, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Looks like you already have a lot of writing experience, so I can't wait to see your work. Feel free to send me a PM if you want poetry/fiction reviewed.

Anyway, enjoy the site. Write, review, go to the lounge/chat and hang out! I'm here if you have any questions.

Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:49 pm
Elena_Ravenhill says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society.
I'm Elena Ravenhill, I'm from America.
I love to write poetry at times, I also keep a blog. I'm trying to link the blog I use in Tumblr.
I will write that I won't notice that I make spelling and grammar mistakes.
I really love the support that everyone gives here, and the advise that I get. It's totally worth it to keep writting.

Hopefully I enjoy more years here in YWS.

Love
Ravenhill.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

Twelfth Night - William Shakespeare

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:01 am
View Likes
rh3toricalr3mixer says...

I feel obliged to make a post here about my arrival: I'm looking forward to getting some writing done, as I've always loved fantasy and sci-fi and wanted to make a contribution to the ever-growing body of literature. I probably won't be very regular with my posts due to a heady schedule and chronic laziness, but I'll do my best.
A zarkin frood of a dapper swain.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:50 am
ScarlettWinters says...

hi my name is scarlett winters and im a brand new member of young writers society. so far i have submitted a peice that i have been working on for a while its called clair and the stone statues and i would really apreciate if you guys would take a look at it, and give me a good and honest review. im so excited to be a part of this community.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 am
farz95 says...

hey ! welcome to YWS

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:40 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi everyone, welcome to YWS!

I'm Alfred Symon. Just call me Al for short! It doesn't matter anyway, 'cause here at YWS, you can be as creative and expressive as you can be!

If you want to ask a question, don't be shy to ask me or to any other people here at YWS!
Or,
If you'd like a Quick Critique or Kudos Revue from me, just ask me in my wall, I'm an easy person!

Good luck writing everyone!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Random avatar

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:28 am
EllaWylie says...

Hey, I'm new here and this is the firt writing website that I have registered on. Since I'm new, I really don't know what to do here so can anyone help me? Thanks.

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy