z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:21 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You can answer them here, on this thread, or start your own thread in the Welcome forum.

I'm Rosey, by the way.

One other thing you should know about is the rating system. For starters, rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page on YWS for all to see! Who knows? You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:34 pm
View Likes
Musicaloo7311 says...

Thanks for the tips, RoseyUnicorn.

Anyway, on to the questions of DOOM! Haha.

1.) Favorite authors: (I know the responses to my answer will either be a moan or a delighted scream) Stephenie Meyer, Scott Westerfield, Bronte Sisters (Okay, technically I've only read Wuthering Heights so far, so it can only be one sister. Haha.), Shakespeare, and Nicholas Sparks

2.) Favorite books: (Again, the moan or delighted scream) Twilight Series, The Host, The Uglies Trilogy (I exclude Extras), Wuthering Heights, Romeo & Juliet, Dairy Queen, and The Notebook.

3.) Movies: I am Legend, The Dark Knight, (Last time with the moan or delighted scream thing here) Twilight (It wasn't the best movie, but I enjoyed it), 13 Going on 30, The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, Prom Night (too many good memories made when I saw it with my friends to say I don't like it. Haha.), Poltergeist, and Eagle Eye

4.) Artists/bands: Nevershoutnever!, Paramore, The Maine, Stereo Skyline, Muse, Iron & Wine, Hey Monday, Vampire Weekend, and Robert Pattinson (not because he's in Twilight, I find him a wonderful artist)

5.) Sports: Volleyball (I play middle hitter and love it!) and karate (I'm a black belt)

6.) Colors: Ice blue and neon green

That's about it for the questions of doom. Haha.

WaterVyper wrote:What are your favorite authors, books, movies, artists/bands, sports, colors, and etcetera? Tell us more about yourself.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 am
View Likes
Madison_17 says...

Hello! I'm Madison, but I don't really have a preferred name, anything but Madison (it's too long). I guess I'll be boring and tell you about myself. I'm a female, fifteen years old, I play four or five sports, depending on how I feel that year, and read/write almost everyday. Music is also more than a hobby for me, I play 7 or 8 instruments and I love sing. My spelling is horrible, and sometimes I get distracted when I write, so help me (:. I am completely goofy and love to spend time with people. I love to travel, Canada is my favorite place to go, mostly for the hockey. I love movies, they're very enjoyable. If you talk to me and make me laugh, I'll probably love you forever (:

that's about it, for more PM me.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:34 am
View Likes
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Madison! May I call you Madi? That's a shorter name(:
If you look at the above posts, you can tell that I'm pretty darn new here, too. So from one new person to the next, "Hey!" Haha.
I enjoy sports, reading, writing, music, and being goofy, too.
PM me if you have any questions. I can't promise a good answer (look for people with purple or blue names, known as Instructors or Greeters, for that) but I can promise a friendly one in which I try my best to answer! I love making friends, so add me if you feel so inclined. Haha.

Well, I think I've said enough. Don't want to overwhelm you... Bye! :)
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Hiyas Madison! Madison isn't that long. It only has three syllables, like my name, Emily. I know someone with a five syllable name, so I'm not complaining. I can only play two instruments, piano and violin. Anyway, welcome to YWS! Two rules before you start posting:

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means to review two works before you post your own.

2. No chatspeak. Which means proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. You can get away with a couple of abbreviations, but don't overdo it.

So, that's it for the rules. Hm... I know I'm forgetting something... *smacks forehead* Sorry, my manners went on vacation for a while. I was going to leave right then, but I just remembered. Feel free to PM me for anything you need- questions, reviews, or friendship. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:06 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I think I know what Viper is missing: a wee little reminder to make your works! Rated works (Unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. Who knows, you might even get more comments, ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If ye have any questions, PM me.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 pm
View Likes
Madison_17 says...

Haha, thanks guys. I think I'm going to go start reading works now(:. Also I will PM anyone if I have any questions.
Thanks again.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:19 pm
View Likes
sopher says...

Hallo Everyone!

My name is Sopher, I'm new, and I love to write! Haha and despite that sentence I enjoy any creative writing that is original and individual.

Look forward to reading more of everyone's wonderful work!

Toodles!

1272 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:30 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, here on YWS we have two main rules and one request:

Rule 1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, everybody gets a review. What's nice though, is people will often review your work if you've reviewed theirs. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio

Rule 2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations such as "lol" are okay, but don't overdo it.

Request- When you do post your work, please rate it! Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:38 am
View Likes
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome new members to YWS!

For most new members, you might be a little confused with how YWS works with all these forums and people and point system. It's all fairly easy once you get the hang of it, especially if you have a special guide willing to help you around *pokes self*.

xD Haha. Yeah. I'd be happy to help anyone who needs it as long as they're willing to be optimistic and have dreams.

A few things about YWS that you all might want to know...

1. When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs in return. It's only proper etiquette here.

2. When you get a review from someone, expect the worse. People on YWS are very harsh and love to criticize. Tearing things apart is something of their pleasures. So don't get all worked up just because someone put you don't. You don't have to listen to them unless you really believe their right. If you're happy with their work, then you can blow them off. It's YOUR work, remember that. A lot of writers here edit things to their standards and can sometimes be bias or be exceptionally cruel in reviews. For me, I'm usually straightforward and honest with my reviews. I suggest you be blunt with your reviews also since avoiding the truth won't benefit anyone.

3. No all caps on YWS. Yeah. I just broke the rules in number 2, but I felt it necessary xD

4. Have fun here and enjoy! YWS is made for your benefit, and the benefit of others. Take advantage of this site and use its resources efficiently. I mean where else are you going to find thousands of teen writers willing to give you their opinions on your writing without judging you? I've checked those other writing websites. They're deserted.

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:32 pm
View Likes
xxmuffxx says...

hey i'm bre
i'm new here come check out my work. :)
"More than anything, all I've ever wanted was to be close to someone."
-a million little pieces

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:54 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

The rules here on YWS are pretty straightforward:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, reviews get spread around a bit more. Also, people are very willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Minimize chat-speak. That means using proper grammar, spelling and caps.

3- Keep swearing in stories you post, and if you do have swearing rate things accordingly. PG-13 is for some swearing, G is no swearing and if you use the f-word and/or have graphic scenes, rate things R. Anything other then R-rated works show up on the front page of YWS.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm
View Likes
Molly May says...

Hiya! My name's Molly May ^_^ i love writing XD and reading, but more than i absolutely love fantasy. If anybody likes final fantasy, kingdom hearts, pokemon or anything like that, i'd be glad to speak to you! A also like harry potter and the series of unfortunate events; has anybody read charlie bone? Thanks! anyways, hiyas ^^
xX-Molly May-Xx

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:31 pm
View Likes
ikramhamneh says...

Hello everyone! How are you?

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya Molly May and ikramhamneh!

Be sure to check out the rules above your posts.

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf