Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:03 am
Rosendorn says...

flirtingwithdisaster wrote:Thank you, everyone. (:
It's nice to meet ya'll.
I'm sort of confused about the R rated works of writing.. could you please explain in a few more details?

Okay, R rated works are the ones with sex scenes, the f-word and/or any really graphic violence. In fact, if you use the f-word in your work you have to rate it R. It's in the rules.

Does that clear things up?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:55 pm
ConfusingSillyLittleGirl says...

Hi everyone, I'm ConfusingSillyLittleGirl, (Evryone replies, Hallo ConfusingSillyLittleGirl! And I'm an alcoholic. . .LOL Just Joking!!! Hi guys, I'm new here, and gosh this web is huge! But it's awsome! Like everyone else here, I love writing, although I'm not as good as some of you guys but I try hehe, anyways, just wanted to say hi, chat again later!

1272 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, before you start, make sure you check out the rules. The most important of these are the 2:1 ratio rule (where it is asked you always have 2 reviews for every 1 work you've got posted) and no chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. "lol" and a lot of other abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

Also! When you do submit your work, please take a few extra seconds and rate it. If you do (and the work is not rated R) then it will show up on the front page for all to see! And the more people see it, the more comments you'll get. :wink: Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you need any help navigating the site, feel free to PM me. See the blue name? That means it's my job to help you around the site.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

20 Reviews

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks alot :) Yeah I will got read them, I don't want to get into trouble :)

20 Reviews

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 pm

I feel like a real ideot, but I still don't understand the whole points thing? What do you use it for?

1272 Reviews

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:57 pm
Rosendorn says...

Points can be a little trick to get.

You get 0.2 points per character in a post, maximum 50 points.

Only the top two clusters of forums and in the Literary forums, excluding storybooks (RPGs)

You spend 150 points per work you post. Usually you'll get 50 points back if it's a literary work.

Points are reset to 300 once every two weeks to a month.

Points are used to determine the Featured Member you see on the home page.

Does that clear it up?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:35 pm
Korseld says...

Hi everyone! I'm new on this site and was told to check this forum out in a non-personal mail from Nate the administrator. ;) Just kidding, though I was. You know what I mean...
I come from Sweden. I love music, theatre and reading. The sad thing is; I don't have time to read because I have almost always got some kind of homework, or whatever, to do. But then I take up some of my lost reading-time during the summer vacation. =)
I just love the summer. Autumn is somewhat good. I love the spring! It's my favourite of the seasons! The winter is fine too, but I hate chill. It can be -15 degrees C, no less. Then I don't want to go outside. Unfortunately sometimes I have to. =\
The work that I am going to post here will probably only be either short stories or poems. I write all of my stuff in swedish, except for the poems and that is the reason to it. Plus that I always write my novels by hand. (I like it better that way.)
I'm looking forward to reading alot of good stories, poems and lyrics here, and I hope that you will like my stuff too. See you later! =)

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:51 pm
Flux says...

Welcome Korseld!

So, I'm not sure if you read the earlier posts by other Greeters, but we have two rules here at YWS.

Firstly, always follow the 2:1 ratio. You must review two of someone else's works before posting a work of your own. There are many upsides to this, so follow it. Well, you have to, anyways.

Secondly, I didn't see you use any, but minimize chat-speak. We're all writers here, so try to use good grammar and proper words. Like using 'the' instead of 'da' etc,. "Lol" is okay, you're still allowed to use it.

Now, Rosey also touched up on this, but all R-rated works must be rated R if they have an graphic scenes/ or the "f-word."

If you have any further questions on rules, PM me, or anyone else, for we're all glad to help, or check out the "Rules" forum.

Now, why don't you mkae yourself your own private thread, and tell us a bit more about yourself. Like your favourite authors, books, movies, writing genres, et cetera. Actually, you already told us your favourite writing genre, but you get what I'm saying.

Hope this helps!

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:06 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Korseld! LaReina already touched the rules and questions, so I guess there isn't much to say. Well, welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great stay here.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:20 pm
EternalLove says...

Hi, I'm EternalLove, but you can call me Erin. If you ever read my work, you'll realize why my name is that which it is (because I fell head over heels in love with my first ever boyfriend, and even though we broke up nearly six months ago, my feelings are very much alive).
Anywho, I'm glad to be here... it's always great to get feedback on my work because I LOVE writing. But yeah, I'm glad to be here and look forward to being a part of the community!!

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome Erin!

A couple of YWS rules you should know before you start posting like mad:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread out the reviews so that everybody gets one. Plus, people are more willing to read your stuff if you've read theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio

2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay (lol, brb, MC, POV, ect) just don't overdo it.

Also! When you post your work, please rate it. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS for all to see. Who knows? You might even get more comments. :D Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, PM me.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hey y'all! (I'm sorry about the y'all. I'm a grammar freak, too, but this comes naturally. Haha.)

I just joined, so I'm posting in the "new members" topic. That was kind of obvious, but oh well.

Anyway, I'll just say hey. I'm currently working on a book series, but I don't think I'll post any of that on here. I'll just post some short stories and/or poems. :D

Well, bye!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:40 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey music lover! Welcome to the realm of insanity that is YWS! So, before you start posting, there are two rules you need to know.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that for every work that you intend to post, you must post two reviews first. That makes people more inclined to review your own work, plus it helps everyone get a critique.

2. No chatspeak. That means that you use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times. Yes, even in the chatroom. I'm not sure if the chatroom is up right now, but oh well. And, like you, most of us are grammar freaks. I'm sure you won't have a problem with this rule.

Anyway, that's it for the major rules. Anyway, on to the questions of doom! What are your favorite authors, books, movies, artists/bands, sports, colors, and etcetera? Tell us more about yourself. Well, hope to see your work around. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:45 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Thanks for the run-down on the rules. I'm reading through some things I'm about to review right now.
Anyway, where exactly would I answer said "questions of doom"? Haha.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll