Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:40 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hello and welcome to the site! We're glad to meet you. You can use this thread to talk to fellow newbies or whatever, or you can make your own post and get welcomed individually. We don't care. :P

Anyway, as you probably guessed, this is a writing forum and we have thousands of members! Yet we're a really close bunch and we love everybody. ^^

I'm Snoink! I do have another name, but seriously, everybody knows me as Snoink. I'm a moderator of YWS (all moderators have green/red names), which means I help run things here. It's a kind of big site at first, but it's really fun, so don't worry. ^^ Almost all the members are wonderful people and if you bug them with questions, they'll be ready to help you with really anything at all. Also, if you encounter any problems, don't be afraid to contact the moderators (we're the ones with green names!) or the administrators (they're in red!) We're here to help you. :)

Now, just to lay down rules, guidelines, and stuff:

:arrow: We like proper English. That is, we don't substitute "da" for "the," we don't say "im" for "I'm," we don't say "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts. Typos can happen, but don't start talking like you're texting. We're crazy like that.

:arrow: We like black text. You'll see a bunch of people with crazy colored fonts... but they're weird. :P Stick with black and I'll love you forever.

:arrow: We want you to rate your story or poem. That way, it can show up on the front page and everybody can see it. ^_^ If you have an f-word in your story or it's particularly explicit, rate it 18+. It won't show up on the front page, but people will know what they're getting into.

Okay. So now that's done. XD

Now, mingle! :D
Last edited by Snoink on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:06 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hello Ryan, Beckie, Hermione and Boltageman! *nudge: from the 1st thread* Welcome to YWS!

Demeter
xxx

Also, first reply. :P After Snoinkie.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:21 pm
Bloo says...

hello to you to

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:01 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

My thread was better :P
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:41 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Now Firestarter, don't be getting jealous now. And hello Ryan! Nice to see you again. Welcome to all new members, and I know you'll have a great time on the site!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 pm
View Likes
Monki says...

Thought I'd introduce myself again since I've just started getting back into the groove of YWS. Life's been crazy lately, with settling into high school for the first semester and whatnot, but now I'm ready to be my normal, YWS-addicted self that you all know and love. xD Okay, maybe not.

Anyhoo, the name's Monki. Or Melissa, which is my real name that normal people call me. *accuses YWSers of being abnormal* *sniggers*

Welcome, new and old members!
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:10 pm
View Likes
bloodforthepen17 says...

hi, im new here, and looking to make friends and someone who can help me down the path of becoming a writer

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You have come to the right place! YWS the best site on the net for writing help.

Make sure to read the rule in Snoink's posts. The only one that's not to strict is the black text rule. As you can probably tell. :wink:

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:45 pm
View Likes
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, bloodforthepen17! Is there any other name you'd like to be called, or is that good? I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends, everyone here is super friendly. What kind of writing to you usually do? What sorts of books do you read? Who are your favorite authors?

If you need anything, just holla, I'm here! ;)

Stay classy,

Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:32 pm
View Likes
emeraldmaria says...

Hello all! My name is Masha and I love everything and everyone! I guess you could call me some sort of a hippie, although I'm not a vegetarian. I tried that once and realized it was not for me. I enjoy cuddles, hugs, kisses, gays, straights, brightly colored skinny jeans, and funny quotes. I am not new to this website, I started in the summer. Then I stopped after a month and lost the website. I recently found it again and I am so happy. You couldn't wipe that smile off my face! I collect rubber duckies and only own jeans. I LOVE MUSIC MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE! I will always be talking about it. I want to be a lawyer when I grow up and I am very, very bad at making paragraphs. I like to RP and that's where I get a lot of my inspiration. I also and very nosy and curious. I ask lots and lots of questions. :D
"After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, 'No hablo ingles.'"

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

If you know the site already, then you should have read the rules, correct? Be sure to check out the main ones in Snoink's post.

Music, huh? What's your favourite band/singer?

I'm sure you'll fit right in with all the rather nutty people here.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:16 pm
View Likes
emeraldmaria says...

Why? Did I do something illegal? I read the rules...

Well, since you asked... I really love bands that are undiscovered such as Metric, Hooverphonic, E.S. Posthumus, Your Infamous Harp, Tricky, Infected Mushroom, Shpongle (I'm not sure whether that is spelled correctly), Gorrilaz, Imogen Heap, Feist, and many others.

Some of my bands/artists that I do like that are popular include Chris Brown, Rhianna, 3OH!3 (love 'em!), Gwen Stafani, The Killers, Evanescence, Linkin Park, 36 Mafia, and others.

What about you?

I scare some people at my school.
"After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, 'No hablo ingles.'"

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

No, you didn't say anything bad. But, see the blue coloured name? That means I'm a Greeter. It's my job to tell new members the rules.

Imogan Heap. I've heard or her. She's done the instrumental part of one of my favourite songs: Now or Never, by Josh Groban.

As for musical tastes, I'm a classical fan, and a Josh Groban fan. That's about it. Oh, and some movie soundtracks.

5 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:48 pm
View Likes
emeraldmaria says...

I would recommend you listen to Requiem for a Dream, it's a bit classical and is a movie soundtrack.

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:36 am
View Likes
KNS012 says...

hey im new here too

chek out my entries PLEASE

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss