z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Of course! Just ask me anything! And if I don't know the answer, I know a lot of people who can!
This is Alfred by the way, nice to meet you!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:51 pm
kavikai says...

Hello ( :, I found this site a few days ago but I'm still getting the hang of things, and just found this thread x). I love original (no twilight ^^) vampire and werewolf stories : D, zombies, ghosts and creepy things too C:. So if you write any, or know any good ones, I'd love to read them : )! uh, and yeah, not sure how to do welcome threads, but hi : D.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:57 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

I'm kinda new but kinda not?
I joined about 2-3 weeks ago, and never introduced myself! I think many people already know me since I review like a mad woman xD
My name is Jackie, I write/review like a nut, and am currently aspiring to be number 1 reviewer of the month! :D
if anyone needs help with anything, or would like reviews on their work, I would be more than happy to do that for you! Just pm me, loves <3
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 am
Alleykins says...

Hi, uhh I'm new I don't really know how this works and all. I'll just say a bit about myself I guess. I like to read and write fantasy. I have just started writing and I think I'm good at it, but I could just be fooling myself. I'd really like someone to read my story and tell me if its good or not. Please help!

Random avatar

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:44 am
VivlandiBasil says...

Hello :)

I'm Basil and I've been writing on off for several years now. I consider myself to be a fairly decent writer, but I lack confidence when it comes to actually sharing my ideas and writing. I hope that I'm able to overcome this and share my writing with those who are interested in fantasy/romance and improve my writing through critique and outside help. I'm full of ideas and I'm always willing to help those who need help with their stories/novels.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 am
View Likes
HomelessPorcupine says...

Hiya Kav, Swallow, Alley and Basil ! Welcome to YWS! :D

I definitely love me a good ol' vampire story Kav! I've never attempted to write one, but I would really like to read some good stories about bloodthirsty, non-shiny, reclusive, monstrous creatures.

Haha it sounds like you're in the right place Insanity!

Alley, I would love to read your works! If your writing is a bit shoddy, then don't worry, because YWS is here to help you improve! :)

Basil, I used to feel the same way when it comes to writing-confidence. After being here for a little bit, it will shoot straight up!

I hope all of you enjoy being here at YWS! :) I know that I am way happy that I found this place. If you have any trouble or questions with anything at all, feel free to PM a moderator (the people with green names) and they will be able to help you out! Also, when you get some of your writing on here, if you send me a PM then I would be more than happy to read and review your works! :)

Happy Writing!
-HP
"I can't afford a teddy bear, so I sleep with this contact solution."

Taran: He will not succeed in this. Somehow, we must find a way to escape. We dare not lose hope.

Fflewddur: I agree absolutely, your general idea is excellent; it's only the details that are lacking.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:02 pm
emilyg9 says...

Hi! :D I'm Emily, and I'm still trying to get my picture uploaded! :P :!: :smt004

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 pm
TwistedMuffins says...

Hi there, Emily! Welcome to YWS!

Ah, maybe your picture isn't getting uploaded because the size isn't 100x100? Only with pictures of that size can be uploaded as your avatar.
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:32 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

Hey Emily! :D

Yeah, maybe it's because of the size. But Lumi's created this thread where, if you post the picture you want as your avvie, he'll resize it. Of course, you have to do something in return. You have to review or welcome people. :D

Anyway, tell us something about yourself! :D What kind of genre do you write and read? What's your favourite series? Etc., etc.

~HPR
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

Reviews: 3
Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:32 pm
Xaxas96 says...

Hello, I'm new here. Though I would be grateful if people checked out my post!
Last edited by Xaxas96 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

Reviews: 2
Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm
View Likes
InkDrop says...

-cough-

Hi, guys~ xD Newbie here~ Hoping to grow as a writer and all that jazz~ :P
Oh, and my name is Misti~ :D
-waves-
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." --Unknown

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 am
TwistedMuffins says...

Heelloo Misti!

Welcome to YWS! You have come to the right place! I'm sure you'll find YWS very helpful and a lot of fun!

~waves~
-TwistedMuffins
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:49 am
ungos1 says...

Hello I'm new to the website? I aspire to write very detailed and in depth stories but I don't know where to start exactly. I do love to write someone please help, It'd be much appreciated. Thanks! :D

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am
ENCR says...

Hey, I'm new here. I'm planning on jumping right into the whole writing thing and I'm seriously thinking about writing/author related careers. I don't have anything published and haven't written much outside of school, but I hope to change that here on this website. Can't wait to get things started!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:30 am
umeflower says...

Hi, I am new here! I love writing and I am really excited to participate!!
"If there is a book
you really want to read,
but it hasn't been written yet,
then you must write it."
~Tony Morrison

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats