z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 pm
Sirril says...

Hello everyone,

I'm new, as you can tell from the subject. If I happened to click on the wrong button then please forgive me. I'm not quite used to forums, so if I messed up and clicked the wrong response button, then I'll try not to make the same mistake again. I'm not very good at grammar, but I do believe that with help I can improve greatly. Thanks for letting me join! :D

Cordially,

Sirril (this is the name of the main character from my first book)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:37 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know about the three main rules on YWS:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, reviews get spread around a bit more. Also, people are very willing to return the favour. Wink It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Minimize chat-speak. That means using proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, like lol, brb, ect. Just don't overdo it please.

3- Keep swearing in stories you post, and if you do have swearing rate things accordingly. PG-13 is for some swearing, G is no swearing and if you use the f-word and/or have graphic scenes, rate things R. Anything other then R-rated works show up on the front page of YWS.

Sirril is a very cool name. Where did you come up with it?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:05 am
Chu-Chi Bear says...

Hey, I'm Tiena and i'm a newbie ;D

And i have noooo idea where to start. Could anyone lend a hand?

~Chu-Chi Bear

1272 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Me! I'll lend a hand!

First off, read the rules in the post above yours. That will make sure you stay away from any slip-ups. And keep some members from sending the hounds on you. ;) Just kidding.....

Second, start by pressing buttons in the header. Writing takes you to the Literature forums, Groups takes you to a long list of usergroups you can join, ect.

Third, check out the Help and Support button, also in the header. You'll get a bunch of nice tips there.

Fourth, if you want more help, feel free to PM me by pressing the little "PM me" button at the bottom of my post. I'd be happy to help. ^_^

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 pm
ThienThienThien says...

Hi Rosey Unicorn! :)

I was just wondering around on YWS and I saw this forum. Anyways, I've got a question to ask: how could I become a greeter again? I forgot the last time you told me:D

I remember something about applying, and that being on the front page? But I don't know where it is. Help please :P

ThienThienThien,
A friend in need of help!
Woot Woot! I'm Paraskavedekatriaphobic! LOL XD Are You?

1272 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:40 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

That should be in the Questions thread, but whatever.

To become a Greeter, go here. Note- Do Not Apply If You Have Been On YWS For Under One Month. You can not hold any staf position unless you have been here for over one month.

Reviews: 3
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:25 am
tk92 says...

Hi,
I'm nyle! Nice to meet you all! From Huddz West Yorkshire and I hope you like whatever I post.
xx

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 am
View Likes
MeadowLark says...

Hey Nyle! Nice to meet you! Welcome to YWS! What do you write? What's your favourite genre? I'd tell you about all the rules but there is an urgent need for me to get off. So...I leave that to someone else ^_^

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:16 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

hello Nyle, cool name. Never heard it before. So welCome to the world of YWS. I hope to see your stuff.

Welcome

Ryan was here and he :smt117

Reviews: 4
Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 am
View Likes
kickstart gal says...

Hi everyone.

I'm Jaye, 22, a mom and college student from down South. I'm really enjoying this site so far, and can't wait to get to know you all and read your work.
"Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real." - Iris McCulloch

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence in society." - Mark Twain

"Mommy, the lucky charms made my poop green." - Eli

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:29 am
View Likes
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi. I'm peanutgallery007! I got the peanut part because I love Peanuts! The show. You know, with Charlie Brown? Not the food. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading peoples stuff! I'm more of a critique than a writer so expect to see my critiques on your stuff!

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:13 am
View Likes
MeadowLark says...

Hey kickstart and peanut! Welcome to YWS! I can't wait to read you work and get to know you. See ya around!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:49 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

hello peanut and kick. Welcome to our little slice of heaven YWS. Its a lot of fun here. And there are a lot of good reads. And when your not writing and reviewing we have tons of other things to do. There are dozens of groups here for different interests. And if there isn't one for you, you can make your own if enough people like it. Well this is Ryan and I'm signing off.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 pm
LilyJamey says...

Hello, Nyle, Jaye and Peanut! I'm Lily. Welcome to the site!

Most importantly, the rules must be read! The basic two are listed above by Rosey: The 2:1 ratio and the non-chatspeak rule. Scroll up and take a peek.

Then of course, you can create your own thread to fully introduce yourself on this forum. Our Greeters will try to make you feel as welcome as possible. (If you don't know which are Greeters, click Young Writers Society Forum Index and scroll all the way down to the footer.) They will answer your every question!

PM me for anything else. See you around!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm
View Likes
littlemissgluttonous says...

I started this website through script frenzy; I was a bit skeptical at first but after poking around I find myself exited about being part of a community.
I'm an antisocial; I hate myspace and magazines. My friends call me pretentious but that's because they're jelous. (I also hate smilies O.o) My dog, my copy of Fahernheit and my mutilated notebook make up my life. I am more or less permanently grounded for not being born with a meek personality and a mathematicians calculating mind.
I am addicted to run-on sentences, zero punctuation and terrible spelling.
I get a high after drinking bottles and bottles of water without stopping.
I am called an old lady by my friends because I love, love, love afternoon naps. I should have been born in the fifties.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon