z

Young Writers Society

Yo

Reviews: 2
Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:56 pm
Pride1289 says...

Yup. I found this site by searching for writing chat rooms on google. I hope to become a writer on my free time. My other goal is to be a concept artist for video games. Or a drawing board artist for cartoons or shows, or something along those lines.
Of course, I do enjoy writing. Especially reading. When I've got a good book in my hands, I can't set it down and will go at least a whole two days without sleep just to read it. I know that's probably a bad quality. But I live with it just fine.
And when I have a keyboard in front of me I just get off my rocker with typing. I talk a lot too. Of course, I've only had 'friends' in the real sense of the word for about, 4 or 5 years.
I'm 15 by the way.
As for any past writing skills, I've written, to my knowledge at the moment, 12-14 fan-fiction's. I do have fanfiction.net account. And I think I'm pretty popular there for my Kirby fan-fiction's.
But, I've also tried to write an original story. It didn't turn out too well. *shrinks head into shoulders*
I'm planning on rewriting it, of course. And maybe I'll post it here.
That is, if you guys don't mind reading about a war between humans, vampires, and werewolves. There would be other fantasy things in it too. But I haven't decided yet.
I'm really good with short stories. Or one-shots as I've taken to calling them. Chapter stories are so difficult for me to write. And I'm definitely going to try and get better at it by continuously coming to this site and reading other posts. *enthusiastic fist*
I never really took to writing that fantasy book. I didn't like the way I wrote it, and everyone loves fantasy and writes it. So I gave up on that idea.
What I hope to write now is horror. Since my friend at school really likes this character she made up and wants to write a story for him. So I offered to help write since I want to be a writer at some point.^_^
I started it, but we haven't exactly figured out names for all the characters.
Anyways!
As for my favorite genres and authors, I pretty much read anything. Except for historical and non-fiction. Sometimes I'll read science fiction. But that's pretty rare. To my knowledge at least. I don't really go for a book by genre. More along the lines of plot and character personalities.
The books I'm into right now are by Anne Rice and Daren Shan. Which is the Vampire Chronicles and The Demonata.
I never know what to put in posts like this. So I guess that's all until someone asks/tells me something to put up.
Last edited by Pride1289 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

The two main rules on the site:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way everybody gets a review. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked that theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Vampires and werewolves..... there are plenty of people who write those stories on here (I'm not one of them though). You can check out a usergroup called Vampire and Werewolf writers to find a good chunk of them. To find usergroups, click on the Groups button in the header.

A video game designer! That's a career I toyed with for a year or two. But, I don't like video games enough....

Tell us a little more about yourself! What do you like to read? Any favourite authors? I think your favourite genre is fantasy, but do you have any others?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 pm
Stori says...

You love a good book then? Allow me to suggest some.

The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
Death Star by Michael Reeves
Heirs of Ash series by Rich Wulf.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:11 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Pride! I understand exactly how you fell. Multi-chapter pieces are very difficult for me to complete, since they suck up more energy than I have. Anyway, great to see you here on YWS! Concept artist for video games, huh? Sounds really great. I can't make up an original plot to save my life, which is why I mostly put things with little or no plot in them.

Anywho, again, great to meet you! I'll look forwards to seeing you around. And if you need anything, just PM me. I'll gladly do reviews on whatever you need. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:24 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey Pride.

Welcome to YWS. Video Game Desing is a very good career to go into. I'm going into computer Science myself and using it to be a web developer or something like it.

So you write fantasy? I write fantasy too. I also write romance too. I am starting to experiment in the area of Other fiction.

So, do you have any favorite books? Authors? Movies?

Well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:39 am
Icefire63111 says...

You like Vampires and Werewolves?
You want to be a game designer?
Pride, you and I could be twins.
And I mean that.
REVIEWS! IF You Need Them, PM me!
You Can make it all go away
The pain the suffering
The Hurt You Put her through
Let you won't;
You can't
So for every love She knows
Another stich she sews

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:00 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

HEY PRIDE! Wassup? Welcome to the family of YWS (aka a bunch of crazy yet friendly writers)

Its all good.

So...horror (and fantasy?) I like suspense/thriller stuff though horror isn't exactly my thing :P

Haha, as I read WaterVyper's post, I'm totally nodding away.

I can't make up an original plot to save my life

That's me all right.

So...that's a tidbit of me for ya. But what about you? I know you wrote such a long introduction but I think you missed:

Favorite color: My answer is silver/blue/black

Favorite Book all time: The Bible. hands down

Favorite Music: Switchfoot!

So yeah. That's me in a shiny nutshell. Peace out!

- JC
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

NO U
— Carina