z

Young Writers Society

um hi

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 pm
lil' piggy says...

hi!!

i'm new hear (duh) i'm happy to meet everyone. my name is Alyssa but normally go by Lissa or Lissy but i really dont care what people call me. i love to write but i feel like i really have no one to read my stuff so i thought this site looked like a bunch of people with common interests. :shock: hehe. anyways, just hoping to make friends and influence people and stuff like that.

dont really know what else to say i guess if you wanna know somethin just ask.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:33 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review, plus people are more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2 review: 1 post ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Tell us a little more about yourself! What genres do you write in? Any favourite books? Authors?

Heh, yeah. I think most of us have a hard time finding people willing to read our stuff in real life. That, or we don't want people we know tearing our work to shreds.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:49 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Alyssa~

First off, I love your name. Even though I see it everywhere, I just like it. Anyway...

Hello, welcome to the places of crazy writers. (okay, maybe some of us are not that crazy) I hope you have a fantastic time here!!

That's weird because my family supports my writing, but one sister finds it okay and the other doesn't really care. My mom apparently loves everything I write, but you know she's acting like a caring mother. My dad, well I prefer him not to read my work. He probabaly wouldn't understand it.

So what do you like to write? Anything from here to there? I love writing historical fiction work, it's just my thing. I can't do poetry or science fiction and fantasy. And I'm amazed at those who do write those type of novels.

For me, I'm trying to branch out on what I read and write. I'm currently getting into the classics. I'm reading Dumas's The Man in the Iron Mask and Watson's Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, at the moment. Then after that, I'm seeing the movies.

I'm not huge for YA works. They don't really catch my interests that much. But enough about me, what are your interests? Favorites? What do you do for fun? Any favorite movies/tv shows?

Let's see, I go to as many rock concerts for fun. I just saw and absolutely love House Bunny and my sisters and I are just watching the try outs for American Idol. Otherwise, I watch Fringe.

*looks up* Geesh. I did write a lot. Well, if you ever wanna chat, feel free to do the pm. See you around!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:55 pm
Snoink says...

PIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Um... yeah. I totally like pigs. Sorry if that creeped you out. XD But there is definitely a reason why my name is snOINK! :D So you'll be known as Piggy to me. <3

Well, you definitely came to the right place! We have lots and lots of writers that really have no where else to go to post their writings, so they come here. And, the best part? :) Staying at this site will actually help you improve with your writing! It's been scientifically proven, yup, yup! :lol: Of course, that also means that we have a tendency to expect perfection from stories and poems. That is, almost all the posts you will see here will probably be grammatically correct. Chatspeak is not allowed (well, an occasional lol is allowed, lol) and if you don't capitalize your i's, people will start tweaking out (trust me, it's really amusing!). We're grammar-crazy like that. :) And then, not only do we nitpick on grammar, but we also provide very detailed critiques on stories and poems which delve into philosophy and history and a whole host of other things. It's fairly amazing! Of course, it can also be remarkably frustrating at times, but oh well! It'll help you out in the long run. :)

Plus, you'll be with a bunch of people who love writing and agonize over the perfect word. Trust me, it's fun. ^^

So! What sorts of writing do you do? I tend to be more in the science fiction and fantasy areas, but I tend to critique mostly poetry and quirky stories in the Other Fiction board. It's weird. Also! I see we have another Dale Carnegie lover. That is awesome. What other books do you like to read? :D

And, just because I'm hungry and yearning for Chinese food, when you go out to a Chinese restaurant, what do you tend to order? <3

Anyway, I'm Snoink and I'm a moderator of YWS. See? My name is in green. :) All moderators' names are in green so that you can spot us easier and bug us whenever you need to be bugged. Oh, and you can bug the adminstrators (in Red) as well, but there are more moderators than administrators, so you'll probably see more of us around. This means that, if somebody's bugging you, you can come to me and I'll sort through the problem. And this goes for onsite and offsite problems. Lord knows, I've been asked a couple of dating questions before! xD Or, say, you get lost on the site, then I can always help you. And, if you post a story in the wrong board (that's very common, actually!) one of the moderators will move it for you so it's in the proper place. Basically? We're the ones that make YWS fun for you. :)

We also have a couple of other symbolic colors. There are the greeters (in blue) and you'll see a lot of them flock to your post, just because they love greeting people. It's funny! So be sure to PM them and bug them for fun. They live for that sort of stuff. And then we have the purple guys... instructors. They're in purple. They're really nice and they basically critique stories and poems and whatever, but they do it in a really awesome way so that you know how to improve and, with their advice, you can improve. It's quite fantastic! And then, we have you. Eek! Did I mention that I love your avvie? I love roses. <3

Anyway, hope you enjoy YWS. If you have any questions, feel free to bug me. And I also critique stories and poems, so if you need any help as far as that goes, I'll do my best!

Have fun exploring! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:18 pm
Demeter says...

Hey there, Alyssa!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter, an Instructor, one of those coloured people Snoink [s]rambled[/s] told you about. :D So if you ever need reviews, just PM me and I'll be there!

I hope you have lots of fun around here! Of course, you can also PM me if you just want to talk, or ask something, or anything. :D

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey there, Alyssa!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Night Mistress and I am a greeter. My job is to make sure you are welcome warmly and all of your questions are answer. Rosey and Merry are the same.

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

I look forward to seeing your work around.

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:03 pm
lil' piggy says...

hi everybody!

nice to meet everyone. my favorite genre is really Fantisy, I think. my most favorite author ever is Nora Roberts. she writes about witches and magic and all of that stuff. I don't really do Magicka and i'm not pagan or anything but sometimes i wish I was. of course J.K. rowling is amazing. i also love romances, i'm kind of a sap like that. and i like ghost stories sometimes but definetly no horror. that kind of stuff is just stupid.

I've noticed my grammars like not that great, so i'm hoping to get better with that here. :oops:

Let's see, other interests: i'd love to travel the world someday, like go to europe or africa maybe, definetly the carribean! (hawaii sounds amazing!)

umm....I hope someday to be a world-class author... and i also paint modern art...kind of a tropical thing, i'm into colors.

anyways, great to meet everyone!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You just made snoinks whole life. Seriously.

Anywho, I'm Jade. Welcome and see you around. :]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:19 am
cheese9975 says...

Hello, hello! I'm sure you'll come to find that YWS is so much fun and so welcoming, just as I have. If you don't like for people to read your work, this is honestly the best place you could do it, there's a small group of people who are very helpful, and you don't have to watch them reading it in person, which always pains me. I post plenty of things on here that never end up becoming something great, but it's good to just throw something you're playing with to get some feedback and encouragement. If you have any questions, ask me, I'm here!
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am
Night Mistress says...

oh, Another Nora Roberts fans? What ia your favorite book or trilogy by her?

I like the Circle trilogy. It's my favorite. I love the last book, Valley of Silence.

I am a fantasy writer too!

We are going to be in touch real soon. I can feel it. Okay, I guess I will leave you alone now.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:36 am
Icefire63111 says...

Ha-ha! I'm not a wecomeer, but i do it anyhow!
Don't wory about spelling and grammer. Tis why there is a spell check arrow on top of everything you write. I don't use it.
God I am soooo tired.
Anyway, YWS is fun. I like it. Its helped me stop writing well, BAD and start writg, goodly?
Goodly's a word now.
So ha Spell check button!

In case you haven't noticed, i wage a war on the spell check button. I refuse to use it.
Join the cause!

Anyway, I love love love your name!

So, japan or China?
Rock climbing or Skydiving?
Duct tape or PURPLE duct tape?
White out or earsers?
Sleep or coffee?
Pro or Con Twilight? (I'm Con..)
Rock or rap? (rap isn't music. If you like it though...Bleck!)
Am I crazy or mentally hurt?
Xbox or Wii?
Fitness or icecream?
Icecream or living forever without ice cream?
Chocolate or starbuck's triple-chocolate fudge farpachino. thingy?

Some of life's little mysteries.

Great! Now I want a Chocolate frapachino fudge thing. WITH WHIPPED CREAM
*You are advised not to listen to anything i have to say. Your head might explode. Then the school jaintor will have to clean it up. Hey, school might get cancelled though! WOOT!
REVIEWS! IF You Need Them, PM me!
You Can make it all go away
The pain the suffering
The Hurt You Put her through
Let you won't;
You can't
So for every love She knows
Another stich she sews

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm
LilyJamey says...

Don't mind her, she's insane. :wink:
We're all a little mad here (sounds familar), so.. yea.

Welcome, Alyssa! I've heard loads of Alyssa's already, so I'll call you Lys, kay? I'm Lily, hi.

I'm not a Greeter, either, and have never applied, but I greet people all the same. A pet hobby of mine. *coughpointscough*

I trust you've read the rules? Two of the main ones are the ones Rosey stated - they are, pretty much, the most basic ones. Follow 'em, you'll never go wrong.

So, fantasy, huh? I'm not a big fan of it, but I read anything prose. Call on me if you need a review!

PM me if you need anything, I'll be right there!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:05 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

HIYA!!!!!!

Finally...I have cornered you, and now I have you exactly were i want you....

Hey, I'm jennie and welcome to YWS....hahaha

There are 3 important rules that you must follow....or the aliens will abduct you.....haha...seriously....there out there....haha

*cracks knuckles*

1. 2:1 ratio....2 reviews = 1 of your posts....it'll be fair that way :)

2. No chat-speak please....it gets annoying.

3. The most important rule of all.....The golden rule.....HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

Well anywho, have fun and toodles!

~singer.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal