z

Young Writers Society

Hello! I am introducing my self!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:03 pm
View Likes
cchar says...

Hi, and Welcome to ME! I am looking forward to meeting everyone and of course looking forward to any future criticism received by all.

A small bit of information about me; After years of feeling like a loser because I could not drag my self away from the Young Adult section in Chapters/Barnes and Noble (for Americans), I finally came to terms with the fact that I am, and always will be a Fantasy lover!

I hope that I am not the only one around that wishes I lived in a book...

:)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

No, you're not. I want to live in Tortal some days (Tamora Pierce's universe).

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. Plus, people are a lot more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

Fantasy fan! What are your favourite books? Authors? Styles or fantasy?

I like anything by Tamora Pierce, Christopher Paolini (yes, I'm an Eragon fan) and recently Zoe Merriott. I tend to prefer romantic fantasy or sword and sorcery.

Here is defetly the place to come to if you're looking for good critiques. If it's in the Fantasy or Other fiction section, PM me and I'd be happy to review it as long as there are no vampires or ghosts.

If you need anything in general, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:56 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello cchar! A fantasy lover, huh? You'll find a snug little *cough* community here dedicated to fantasy, so you'll fit in snug as a bug in a rug. Okay, getting a bit cliche here. Anyways, no, you're not alone. I'd love to be one of Darren Shan's vampires or Disciples, maybe a person in Inkworld (Cornelia Funke), or just one of the people from my own universe. That'll be cool.

So, what are your other hobbies? There's pretty much a community for every interest, so just click the 'Groups' button up there. You'll find one you like eventually. It's great here on YWS, and I'll look forwards to meeting you around here. See ya! WaterVyper out!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*cchar~

Hello, welcome to us crazy peoples. (I know that's not a word) I hope you have loads of fun here!

Oh my goodness! Who doesn't wanna love bookstores? B & N, Borders, etc... I went to the mall once with my family and we stopped by B&N. Believe me, if you saw me, you would think I'm crazy. I literally couldn't drag myself out of that store. I was all over the classics, and some YA fiction. It was too bad I didn't get to buy anything. :(

If we could live in a book that would be AMAZING!! (sorry for the caps ~ I had too) That would be so cool. What type of book would you like to be in? Wait, don't answer that...fantasy. Got it. ~ I would defiantly try the classics, that are based in the early 19th century.

Well, why don't you tell us a little about yourself? Anything from this to that. Okay, not anything.

See you around! Oh, if you ever wanna chat or have questions, you are free to pm me.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Snoink says...

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and of course looking forward to any future criticism received by all.

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha...

I mean, welcome! :D

*shifty eyes*

No, seriously! XD You came to the right place for criticism. Unfortunately, we'll tear you down. Fortunately, you'll be rebuilt. All in all, it's awesome. :)

If you come across any problems, just bug me. I have special moderating powers which I use for good, not evil (most of the time).

And we'll be seeing you around... :twisted:
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:43 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

Yay! Another fantasy fan! Who is you favorite fantasy author and book?

I am a fantasy writer, so you can except to see my work in there.

well, if you need anything, please feel free to pm me.

Well, I guess I will see you around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 pm
cchar says...

Hi Again! Thanks for all the welcomes! This site is slowly becoming an obsession which could be be very good or very bad!

At this current moment I am reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Anyone read this one?!?!

So, a few questions; What are the points for?? LoL!

AND, I need to hook up with the Character development crowd since that is my favorite part of any story!

Also, I have noticed a general dislike for Vampire stories from some *cough -Rosey Unicorn-cough, cough*.... Why? Twilight killed it for you?

:)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Methinks we are all a little obsessed here....

Check out the usergroups by pressing on the Groups button in the header. The Character Development group should be in the most popular ones at the top.

I haven't touched that book! No, vampires just creep me out. One of the few things that still give me nightmares.

Short answer for points: Points are a nice incentive to review and post

Long answer:

You get 0.2 points per word in a post, maximum 50 points. You can get points by posting on the Litrature forums, Welcome, Writing Tips, Writer's Corner and most groups. You can not get them by posting in Storybooks or in the Double Trouble Writing Huddle.

Whenever you post a new story, it costs you 150 points, which is offset by the 50 you get back. Posting a new storybook costs 100 points, and I don't think you get points back.

The more points you get, the closer you get to the Top 5 User Points list. Once you are on it, you simply move up. At the end of two weeks (when the points are reset to 300) the person at the top of that list gets to be the Featured Member for the next two weeks.

Does that answer your question?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:39 pm
Linx says...

Oooh! The Lightening Thief? Love it!! It was amazing..

This site is slowly becoming an obsession which could be be very good or very bad!

It will become even more! :D

Points are for competing against others for the most points (I fail at that). You also need points to post your own stories. You get points by posting reviews. :D

You need to watch out for Twilight haters on here. Some love Twilight; some hate it.

Hope you enojy YWS!!!
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
WaterVyper says...

Ah yes, I love the Lightning Thief. I'm waiting for the fifth book to come out, and it literally has me on the edge of my seat. Yeah, it'll slowly take over your life. Don't worry, since some of my best friends are on here. You'll meet lots more people.

Hm, if you need character development, I suggest a group called the Character Tea Party. Fun, since you get to pretend to be your character (or actually become them) and you can interact with other people's characters. Great for boring moments.

Well now, I don't dislike vampires, but Twilight seemed a bit extreme to me. I liked the good old vampires who die in the sunlight. Anyway, great to hear more from you. See you around soon!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm
LilyJamey says...

Hiya, cchar, and welcome to our wacky family! M'name's Lily.

I really don't have any problem whatsoever with vampires, though Twilight is over-the-top. Pretty little vampirism, lots of fluff. I do, however, have a problem with commenting poetry. Not a very good judge of it, see. Good thing you write fantasy!

Actually, I'm scared. The fantasy writers are increasing everyday, and someday Night Mistress might just chase us more Romantic and Other Fiction forum haunters out of here! (it's a joke)

So, once you've done a story, call on me - I read all prose. Actually, you can PM me for anything. In case you didn't notice, it's under our post. The second blue button.

Enjoy yourself!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 pm
Meep(: says...

*runs pointlessly around in circles*
Oh, hi there! I didn't see you before :D
I'm Meep, the Cyan coloured person,
Famously recognised as a Greeter, as are all blueys.

HOHO!
Do my eyes deceive me,
Or do we have yet another Fantasy Fanatic?
You'll be glad to know that there are plenty of FFs here.
You'll just fit right in! :D

Well... it seems that everyone has covered the rest for me,
So all that is left for me to say is...

HAHA! I gots your tongue!

Oh wait, I don't.
Nevermind then.
Feel free to PM me for anything whatsoever.
And when I say anything, I mean anything. Literally.
You can just PM me: fsklhlkcnhedrvhachisdfsgr,
And I'll reply.
I'll see ya around then!
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:31 pm
View Likes
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hi there
*waves enthusiastically*
Yea ,another fantasy fiction person. Have you read Inkheart? Its about a daughter and a father who can read things out of books, and even later on, visits and reads their way into a book. Its the best, in fact there is a movie comin out sometime.
*Anyways*
I love vampire books, Don't you? Well, I can't wait to see some of your fantasy fiction! If you need any help with anything, let me know. See ya!
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:57 pm
Kakali says...

Hey, cchar! we're already freinds, but Welcome anyways! This website is really cool, I just joined myself a couple days ago.
LONG LIVE LOVE

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling