z

Young Writers Society

Why, hello there.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 pm
Arri says...

People. My name is Arri.

I hate forums but this one caught my attention. I'm a writer myself you see but what intrigues me more than my own writing is meeting other people who also write and understand my writing too. I learned at a young age that everything has a very intricate meaning in the world. Significance is important. Ironically though significance is quite insignificant when you are the only one that thinks so. That's another story in itself though. Learning and living are the most important things you'll ever do, without them you'll never be anything.

So yes, I'm here and I will probably be reading a lot of things that catch my attention. I'm a bit of a romantic myself but I do enjoy Forgotten Realms books the most. I'm also a a ridiculous movie fan, watching everything from everywhere. Plays, operas, and all that jazz. I suppose you could say I'm a child of literature and the understanding in the world. I fell in love when I was young so my eyes were opened a bit early to everything that goes on here. I can be rather helpful to anyone who asks, so feel free. I'm not a very social person though so you might need to talk to me first to get anything out of me.

Regardless, I'll be here I suppose. Also I'm leaving for basic training in the military on February 1st, so that will be inactivity for 2 months. After that I will be posting every day though. I'd like to make this place familiar to me because I agree with what you're doing here and appreciate that there is a place like this for it is not something I had growing up. So thank you.

Also, I'm a fighter. Mixed Martial Arts to be exact. I'm rather good at that too. And while I'm on the topic I'm rather good at everything I do, all arrogance aside.

I'm giving you all my life story now so I won't ever have to say it again. If you ask though I'd end up telling you anyway. So, let's all get a long. And I might as well say it now so you're not all surprised later. I can be harsh. Please don't be offended.

Nice to meet you all.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review, and people are much more likely to review your work if you've reviewed theirs. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

The Forgotten Realms books? are they any good? I have been want to read them.

So what do you write?

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

I look forward to seeing your work around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Ohh, those sound really good! Mind telling us a bit more about them?

Any authors in perticular you like?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

17 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:52 pm
Arri says...

All of the forgotten realm books are great. The world is a pretty amazing place and I find it impressive that so many authors carry "Forgotten Realms" but they are all set in the world with events in separate books interlinking at points and everything. It would be like everyone right now writing a book about their life and everyone in it. Then someone sitting down and reading all of the books and realizing everyone had a part in everyones' lives. It's rather interesting how they did it. I would recommend the Drizzt Do'Urden (Dark Elf Trilogy I think it's called). By R. A. Salvatore (He's also my favorite author) Normally though I don't pay attention to authors and what not. Just my mind doesn't register names and things like that xD It really sucks sometimes o:

Edit -- I didn't say at all what the books are about. Their fantasy D&D type things. Just about life in that kind of world. Not the generic kind of thing you hear about though. It almost seems real.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Arri and welcome to YWS. Those books sound interesting...I'll have to check them out sometime.

Anyway, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt008 :smt016 :smt026 :smt006 :smt005 :smt004 :smt002 :smt031 :smt021 :smt032 :smt034 :smt035 :smt043 :smt051 :smt068 :smt072 :smt027 :smt061 :smt080 :smt081 :smt082 :smt117 :smt109 :smt077 :pirate1: :ftw:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Arri! I've seen the Forgotten Realms books in Kinokuniya, but I couldn't get them because something shiny caught my eye. You like martial arts too? I prefer tae-kwon-do myself, but mixed martial arts sounds cool too. I've seen a special about it on Discovery Channel once, but I've forgotten the title. Anyway, do you have any other hobbies besides writing and movies? There's a community for almost anything from Twilight to Debate to Horror. Just clicky on the big 'Groups' button up there.

Well, that's all I have to say. Nice to meet you, and I look forwards to seeing you around. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 pm
Stori says...

What's interesting is that "Forgotten Realms" is a spin-off of 'Dungeons and Dragons.' I myself read one of the "Eberron" books by Rich Wulf, also inspired by DnD.

P'raps you've also heard of "Space 1889"?

17 Reviews

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:11 pm
Arri says...

I am an all around fighter. It's part of the reason I'm joining the military. It's kind of a mind set you have to really examine I think. I practice with people from a lot of Martial Arts from Kung Fu to Tae Kwon Do, I can't stand kicking all crazy though, and my best friend is even practicing Godai Ninpo. It's really funny when we talk about it she always seems so violent, Ninpo is dangerous as hell.

Well I'm also a gamer. 15 hours of my day since I was 8 years old has been on a computer or a console (Yes even during school I slept on the weekends or in school) I have characters on almost every MMO you can google and majority of them are maxed out or decked out enough to where they don't need to be. I have always seen gaming as an outlet for understanding. Really people are rather comfortable on the internet you would be surprised. And console games have the most amazing stories you'll ever hear about. I'm a giant RPG nerd because of how in-depth they go with story, its rather beautiful.

I can't stand open discussions, makes my mind explode and people have never seemed AS interested in things as I am. I'll try it out though, I can sound rather obsessive sometimes.

I have heard of space 1889 but I've never been a fan of that kind of "setting" I guess you would say. I'm a hardcore elf and arrow fan. (Wood elf ftw much? kthxbai)

Also, while we're on the topic of DnD, does the concept of a halfling bother anyone else? Something about it just makes me ugh and go shame.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:13 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Arri, and welcome to YWS!

I'm Demeter, nice to meet you. When and if you need anything reviewed or have other problems, I'll be more than glad to help you out. Just PM me!

Well, see you around, then!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey