z

Young Writers Society

The Story Behind Krupp

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:57 pm
Krupp says...

Everyone else seems to post on this sub-form, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot as well...

There's not so much to say about me other than I am a fairly normal guy as far as normalcy applies. I am 20, turning 21 in nine months. I attended Northern Virginia Community College for a year, but now go to Liberty University, the largest Christian university (dare I say it) in the USA, I believe. I have a decent family consisting of several aunts and uncles, and twelve cousins overall. I have a fraternal twin, who is four inches taller and thirty or forty pounds heavier.

I have been writing since the age of ten, having developed a style that, at first, borrowed largely from Stephen King, and during my adolescent years, Ted Dekker as well. My first novella ever was finished then, the Walkway, which I am now starting to re-write completely, retitled as "Her Grim Reaper" It was a decent book for a thirteen/fourteen year old to write when he had absolutely no freaking idea what writing was all about. In those younger days, I wrote to get fantasy stories out of my head so that I could stop dreaming about them happening. Largely, my characters are based on people I've met, or often more than not, are based on split parts of my own personality.

When I read Hunter S. Thompson's book seven or eight finished novellas later, my style took a change for the better once again. I won't say I borrowed from his style; rather his style influenced me to be able to develop mine even more consistantly. After years of writing then, at the age of nineteen, I finished my first (and last, so far) novel ever, It's in the Blood, at 370-some pages long. From there, I've been writing about numerous ideas, but no novels have been finished. The closest I've gotten to finishing is Keep it Cool, a story I've posted on here before that's been largely ignored. I hope to get that finished sometime before the summer of 2009, but we'll see.

At any rate, there you have it; I have numerous novels in the works right now, and none of them near completion. I hope to follow It's in the Blood with a worthy novel soon though.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Meep(: says...

I object!
No YWS member is normal!
I insist that you be abnormal!
Abnormal, I say!!!

Cool! A fraternal twin :O
That means...he doesn't look like you right? :D
So does he share the same interests as you? Namely, writing?
Oooh, Stephen King!
I had nightmares for a month, after reading 'The Shining'.
*shudders*

Looks like you have a lot of novels under your belt.
Any plans to publish?
:D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:54 pm
Angel of Death says...

Hey Krupp!

Nice to know more about you. Though I really can't say Welcome to YWS like I usually would do, I'll just say Welcome to the About the Authors forum!

Wow, I think its cool that you've written so many novels and I wish that as I get older that I can be more consistent because right now I can't seem to stick with one idea and I've always wondered how people get pass all of that, you know? So, you're living proof that it can be done, so thanks for that. ^_^
The closest I've gotten to finishing is Keep it Cool, a story I've posted on here before that's been largely ignored.

I'll check it out but if it's posted in the Advanced Critiques forum I can't make any guarantees. My computer is mean and doesn't let me download things sometimes.

But anyways, I talk to you later,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart