z

Young Writers Society

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 pm
Kakali says...

Hi, I'm just here to write, I've been searching around to find a website to post my ideas and get
critique from real people.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:08 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

HEEEEYYYYY! you!
pause.
yeah I'm talking to you, dude!

Welcome to YWS! Other people will give you the low down on all the rules so I'll be all friendly and ask a few questions. don't be shy : - ) we're all friendly.

1. What genre do you write? I'm more of a suspense thriller mystery though I've dabbling in the more dramatic friendship type novel lately.

2. Favorite books? Mine is the Bible. Second place is the Book Thief by Marcus Zusak or Impulse by Ellen Hopkins.

3. What's your favorite color? ok, this isn't writing related though i'll ask it anyway. mine is silver.

YWS is a great site to get your writing torn to shreds--I mean reviewed *cough cough*

well anyway hope to see you around town! feel free to PM me at any time with questions, answers to questions, or simple "hows it going"s. i love that :D
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

35 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 am
Kakali says...

Thanks!
1.Historical fiction (it is supposeed to be suspensful)
2.Bible also (respect God) Warriors: Fire and Ice
3.Purple
Hey thanks for replying.
LONG LIVE LOVE

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:25 am
Firestarter says...

Hey Kakali, welcome to the fold.

That's great that you write historical fiction -- it's one of my favourites too. Hope you post some of your stuff up!

PM if you need any help with the site or anything else.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

35 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:28 am
Kakali says...

Thank you for the advise!
(not that it was advise, lol)
Last edited by Kakali on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

78 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:28 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

You are very welcome!

ooooh, the warriors series!!! I love those books...I remember reading them one after the other...devouring its feline greatness.

historical fiction, ok. I was on a historical fiction reading streak for a while...Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse (I think that's the author) is pretty good.

purple! I love purple. My favorite colors in order of colorful superiority are as follows:
1. silver
2. blue
3. black
4. purple
5. periwinkle
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

35 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:30 am
Kakali says...

Awsome! I have read through all of the warriors books. Fire and Ice has that suspense though!

Purple is a GREAT color. (in my opinion.)
LONG LIVE LOVE

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:01 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Kakali! I'm WaterVyper, though you can go ahead and call me anything. Seriously. Call me a banana or a frog and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Anyway, I'll just go along and explain the rules. Don't worry, there are only two major ones and they're pretty easy to follow.

Number 1: Maintain the 2:1 rule. That basically means that for every piece of work that you put up, review two other works first. This makes sure that everybody gets a review. Also, it makes people more inclined to review your own works. It's a win-win situation!

Number 2: No chatspeak. That means proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. You can get away with some abbreviations, but nothing too extreme please.

Well, this is unofficial and it's kind of useless to say, but there's a Number 3. It's: Have fun!

I'm always available if you need to talk, have a question, or need a review. Just use the PM button underneath my name. Speaking of reviews, if you ever need some, there's a sub-forum underneath 'The Lounge'. It's called 'Will Review for Food' and the people there will review pretty much whatever you ask of them.

Ooh, you like purple too? That's my... third favorite color! Right after grey and dark blue. So, do you have any favorite sports? Well, that's it for now. Great to meet you, and hope to see you soon. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS,

My favorites colors are blue and purple.

A historical writer, huh? I am a romance and fantasy writer.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

I look forward to seeing your work around.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

78 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:29 pm
Theodorable says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS! Hope to see you around. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or PM me.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:10 pm
Snoink says...

Well, I think you came to the right place! Except that I'm not real. Yes. A figment of your imagination is writing this sentence. :)

Historical fiction? Ew. Lots of boring research on boring history stuff. xD Like the old adage says: "History doesn't repeat itself. Historians merely repeat one another."

*gets tomatoes thrown at her*

No, don't mind me. I love historical fiction! :D I just don't like writing it. If you like doing all of that crazy research, then more power to you! What sort of historical fiction do you write? Er... that is, what era?

Purple, eh? I have this character in one of my stories who's absolutely obsessed with that color. She has her room all in purple, she'll only wear purple clothes, etc. It's rather ridiculous. xD In any case! What is your favorite shade of purple?

Also! Are you a grammar fanatic? Does your name start with a K? Do you like pigs? How about guinea pigs? Pokemon? Swimming? Shrubbery? Baby name books? Random questions that I'm throwing out at you?

Yeah. ^^ I'm Snoink. I'm a moderator of YWS (in fact, all of us green people are moderators) so if you have any questions or concerns, then come to us. We make sure all the members get along with each other. If they don't, we bug them. But don't worry! Everybody is fairly civil around here, fortunately. It makes our jobs easier. I also can do maintenance on the forums, so if you need a story moved or whatever, just bug me or any other green guy online and we'll be happy to help you.

Have fun exploring! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Wow, quite a few people beat me here.

Historical fiction eh? That's a forum I'll look into semi-frequently. Once you've gotten those two reviews done, be sure to post some stuff!

Well, that's all I have to say, other then purple is my second favourite colour. Pink is first, pretty obviously.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

35 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:42 pm
Kakali says...

Well, thanks for the very warm welcome everyone! I plan to write Animal-fantaasy later in the year. Purple still stands by me, but I have to say, Navy Blue comes in a close second.
LONG LIVE LOVE

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:29 am
Bloo says...

hello all
i am ryan also boltage
lets see i write sci-fi genere
my favorite book is alex rider book 5 ark angel
and color that would be lightning blue

and thank you for the very very warm welcome

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
— Winston Churchill