z

Young Writers Society

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:34 am
Eve of Eden says...

deleted
Last edited by Eve of Eden on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:07 am
Demeter says...

Hi Eve!

Your username is very beautiful :) Well, welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter, one of the Instructors (purple name). That means whenever you need a review on your work, you can contact me!

Ah, don't worry about the grammar/spelling. A week in YWS will do miracles. ;) Remember, though, that you can't post your stories until you have reviewed at least two works by other people. It's a rule here. :)

Another important rule is no chat-speak.

I love 'The Raven', too! I haven't read very much of Poe, but I know and like The Raven. :D

Well, if you have questions or anything, just PM me! Enjoy the site!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:02 am
Meshugenah says...

Poe and Sparks, eh? Wonder what happens if those two collide: Poe's ability to unhinge a person completely, and romance.

Right, welcome to YWS! That story sounds awesome, by the way. I have a new found love of Eve/Eden stores, and I totally blame my brit lit class and my mythology class, but those are awesome.

If you have any questions about the site, drop me a line! I'm happy to help! Hope you enjoy YWS!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 am
Meep(: says...

Darn, Demeter beat me to the punchline.
*slaps Demeter with a dead fish*
Anyway, welcome to the YWS family!
I'm Meep! A Greeter, the people with blue names.
Blues rule, purples drool!
I'm just kidding :)

The Raven!
By Edgar Ellen Poe!
His works always leave me a bit freaked out.
I've read The Raven. It was awesome :D
I found the Tell Tale Heart (can't remember if its spelt like that) disturbing.
I kept thinking there was something under my floor boards O_O

So what do you like to read and write about?
P.S: Feel free to PM me for anything, anytime :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Eve! I'm WaterVyper, and welcome to YWS. A Poe fan, yays! I love The Raven, it was so chilling. Poor unnamed narrator. Don't worry about grammar and spelling, since everyone's going to help you out. Well, some people might tear your work to bits because of nitpickyness, but that's pretty much normal around here.

So, do you have any other interests beyond the world of literature? Any favorite sports, or something like that? There are user groups for almost everything, so I'd suggest checking out the big 'Groups' button, right between the 'Writing' and 'Resources' buttons. People there will share the same interests as you, which is really cool. Well, that's all I have to say. Nice to meet you, and I'll look forwards to seeing you around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Eve~ (I'm just gonna call you Eve. Is that okay? Because it's a pretty name.)

So when I got to the welcome forums, I saw your user name. And, I thought to myself, "What a minute. Isn't this name from the beginning of the bible?"

Anyway, hi! Welcome. I hope you have loads of fun here. :smt003

Wow, a Nicholas Sparks fan. My mom read the Notebook and practically cried at the end. (okay not literary :roll: ) And I read a Walk to Remember years ago. Oh, and saw the movie. ~ Loved it!!

So when I was in middle school, this Poe fanatic came in and read a Tell Tall Heart. He brought in a bunch of cool things, everyone thought it was so cool. He practically brought out the story with emotion and well, good acting.

Forbidden Fruit, has a cool feeling to it. I likey!! And I could totally tell where you got the idea without reading your "about yourself bio". ~ Hence forth being a christian and learning about the bible. But don't get me wrong here, I've been in Awana for 4 years and studying the bible was worth it.

For those reading this, I don't want you to feel turned off with me being a religious person. I'm sure YWS, has all sorts of religious people here. :wink: But I'm off topic here...

Well, it was great to know a little about you. And I'm sure we can talk more, in the future or present day. :D See you around.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:43 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

I like your username. very creative.

you should defiantly check out the usergroups here, because I'm sure in one way they can help.

do you have any another hobbies beside writing and reading?

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:26 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome there!
I post a story click Writing, Submit Something, pick your genre and there you go. Although, you probably nkow this by now. Keep a 2:1 ratio to the stories posted. I also love Edgar Allen Poe!! He is the best poet ever! I love Annabel Lee personally as my favorite of his.
So, if you need any help, or have any questions, PM me, I'll be happy to show you around! See you around the forums, I'll make sure to check out Forbidden Fruit when you post it, I cant wait. Good luck,
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Since the rules have been explained to death already, I'm just posting to say high and welcome!

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:47 pm
God says...

I had my... hesitations at posting on your welcome,
for the obvious reasons that you may well find my username offensive, I apologize for said offense, but on the other hand, I have no intention of correcting it, feel free to create a name of your own to refer to me by, if you wish, I dont care (blasphemer, and heretic are great ones,)

anyhow, welcom to YWS, i am sure your story will be ver yinteresting to read, and I am also sure that you will get great critiques for it,

Edgar Allan Poe, most definatly a genius,

but also quite insane, most great artists are, like Van Gogh,

trust me, I know insane when I see it, nine out of ten doctors told me I was crazy, they never found the body of the tenth...

in fact, they tell me there never was a tenth, but I know that they are wrong...
mwahahaha

anyhow, greetings and salutations,

have fun, I agree with you on the Love thing, it is a good thing, hey, "All You Need Is Love"
the beatles rock, so what type of music are you into?

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

We think in generalities, but we live in details.
— Alfred North Whitehead