Young Writers Society

Hello

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 pm
Teigue says...

Hi! So, as assumed i'm new here and hoping to make a good first impression
Is it working yet?
I'm sure this place is fantastic and can't wait to experience all of that fantasticness
it's good to be here!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Snoink says...

Well... lemme see. First impressions? You need to work on capitalizing more. ;) We're kind of grammar freaks here. But that's okay! You'll become a grammar freak in no time. And then you'll have a nervous breakdown when you see someone write "your" instead of "you're." It'll be awesome! In a completely geeky way, yes, but awesome! :D

Anyway, I'm Snoink, which means that I have a weird obsession with pigs. No, really. If you check out my video critiques (yes! I do video critiques!) you will find the backgrounds usually have pigs EVERYWHERE. It's pathetic. xD Also! I am a moderator of YWS, which basically means that I make sure that everybody is happy. Not happy? Come to me! :D And it doesn't necessarily have to be YWS-related either. I've had people ask me random questions on stuff from math problems (I'm a math tutor!) to boy troubles. And some other, more serious stuff which usually involves me donning on my black leather boots and doing whoop-ass maneuvers. :)

Anyway! I am guessing you came here to show off your writing. Therefore, what do you write? :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS! You are right about it being fantastic!

Two rules you should always keep in mind:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliterations are okay, just don't overdo it.

Wow. Your username... It's really close to the name of a jr. mod (Teague)

Tell us more about yourself! What are your favourite books? Authors? Genres?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS.

you really didn't tell us much. Tell us more about yourself. the favorites and other hobbies you have.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 pm
WaterVyper says...

Greetings and salutations, Teigue! Meh, been reading too much Charlotte's Web. Anyway, great to have you around on YWS. This is an amazing site, and I'm absolutely sure you'll enjoy your stay here. And like Snoink said, we're pretty much Grammar Freaks. Don't worry about it; you'll get used to it eventually. Just don't freak out when somebody rips your work to pieces here.

Anyways, everyone already asked all the questions I want to ask. *sticks tongue out at Rosey and Night Mistress* Well, I think I should explain the colors of the names. But this might be completely unnecessary, but I found it really helpful.

Blue: They're Greeters. Basically, they're job is to make new members like you feel welcome, and to answer any questions that you have.

Purple: Instructors' names are in purple. Whenever you want an in-depth critique, just go and ask them. They know what they're talking (typing) about. On the subject of reviews, there's a forum called 'Will Review for Food'. It's found under 'The Lounge' and everyone there will generally review almost anything.

Light Green: These are the Junior Moderators. They're the ones you go to whenever you have some more technical questions.

Dark Green: These people are the Moderators. Any other, even more, technical issues go to them.

Orange: They're the distinguished members of the site.

Red: Administrators, like Nate (Lee). They keep the site healthy and running.

Methinks that's it. If you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk, feel free to PM me. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:38 pm
Stori says...

Wait... Teague and Teigue? That could get confusinig.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hi there! *waves overenthusiastically*

If you need any help with anything let me know, I'll be happy to help. Anyways, you have made a good first impression by posting here. :)
WARNING: Follow the rules, or the crazies will hound you.
Oh and yes, when you post your stories here, you will get honest and great critiques, so don't be offended when your works get ripped apart. It happens to everyone (including me.) By the same token feel free to give others honest critique.
Well see around, best of luck,
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:44 pm
powerofthree says...

Teigue wrote:Hi! So, as assumed i'm new here and hoping to make a good first impression
Is it working yet?
I'm sure this place is fantastic and can't wait to experience all of that fantasticness
it's good to be here!

It it fantastic here! By the way, I'm Ryan! :)

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies