z

Young Writers Society

hi...

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:45 am
wingsthatfly says...

:D Hi... i'm wingsthatfly... new... i'm not good at introductions... here it goes 'though... :smt024

...i'm fifteen... imaginative... choosy when it comes to reading...

... i like writing... 'though they're not good-good...

...people say i'm too secretive...

...I'm just the person who doesn't feel lonely when alone... praises Jane Austen... likes J.K Rowling... reads Nicholas Sparks... listens to Taylor Swift, Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne, M.I.A, Natasha Bedingfield, Sara Bareilles, Fall Out Boy, Panic! and many more...

... just the typical girl next door... wishing none would ever notice her... except her writing... :)

...guess that's some of it....
:?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:50 am
Meep(: says...

Hey wingsthatfly!
Welcome to the YWS family!
Firstly, I've got to get you acquainted with the important YWS rules.
1) Keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to a bare minimum.
2) we have 2:1 ratio rule where for every 1 piece of work you post, you must review 2 others not done by you. It helps keep the balance in the forums :)

Austen, Rowling and Sparks all rock!
Which particular genre do you like to read and write about?
Hey, I also listen to Taylor Swift, Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne, M.I.A, Natasha Bedingfield, Sara Bareilles, Fall Out Boy, Panic! too! And of course, lot's more :D
We shall get along fine.

But be warned, YWS is full of wild and whacky people.
*whispers* one of them is Clo, who thinks she's awesome.
I'm just kidding. But don't tell her I said that.

Feel free to PM me for anything, like friendship, questions, help and even reviews!
I'll be glad to help you out :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am
LilyJamey says...

Hellooo, wingsy! I'm Lily. Welcome to the nutty site by the name of YWS!

I haven't read Sparks, but I love Jane Austen and JK Rowling. They do rock.
Heh. People call me secretive all the time. My friends complain that while they always confide in me, I never confide in them. They didn't want to tell me their secrets because of it, once. But they gave up.

The imagination is a better companion than the best of friends, sometimes. Unless those best friends are books.

I see you love your "..."s! I forgot what they're called. I have a friend who feels the need to put a "..." at the end of every sentence, and it kind of rubbed off on me too. Now I use fullstops more, instead.

Sooo... What genre do you write? If you write short stories, don't hesitate to pester me for a review - I'm open! I suck at critiquing poems, though, sorry 'bout that.

PM me if you need anything. Hope you enjoy yourself here on the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 am
wingsthatfly says...

...thanks..
... i'm actually planning to write some romantic fics... fantasy.. and others..
..i'd also want to write some poems...

...anyhow... thanks again... i'll remember that 2:1.. :)

and okay, this time trying to get stop myself from the '...'s

:) thanks again... just can't help...

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:35 am
Meep(: says...

...I shall...look out for...your stories....
...And...review them...if I see...any of them...
...Darn...its rubbing off...me...
...:D...
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

I do the "..." thing a lot too (it's called an ellipse, lily). I think that's what happens when you talk the way you speak, and you speak with a lot of breaks for thought.

Fantasy! If it's not werewolf or vampire based I might check it out. I'm in a bit of a critiquing rut, but if you ask I will comply!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:21 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

I am a romance and fantasy writer too. If you need help, just feel free to pm me.

you should check out some of the usergroups for fantasy and romance. some are really helpful for like when you are vreating a world and such.

Well, i am looking forward to seeing your work around.

see ya.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:03 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome to the place known as YWS!
There are many crazy people around here... you don't even have to look for them. In fact there are some crazy people who have already greeted you. They won't bite... well some might, but they don't mean it. :)
Well, I can see that the rules have already been taken care of. See you round the forums, let me know if you need any help. I'll be happy to show you around YWS! If you need a review, feel free to PM me, I love to review.

~Alyss
Last edited by *DaughteroftheMoon* on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amor Vincit Omnia

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:05 pm
Demeter says...

Hi!

Welcome! I'm Demeter! Nice to meet you! I like exclamation marks!

:D

I love Jane Austen, too.

Well, if you ever need anything, please PM me, I'd be happy to help you out!

I'll see you around, right? :)

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:53 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi, wingsthatfly! I like using ellipses too, but the teachers told me it's not good to use them. It's been drilled out of my head now. I like commas instead, since they're extremely fun to use. Yays, another JK Rowling and Jane Austen fan! Anyway, what are your other hobbies, besides reading and writing (and music, maybe)?

That's all I have to say. I'll look forward to seeing your work around. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk, or a critique, or whatever. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:40 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*wingsthatfly~

I just let you know, I'm really slow at getting to the welcome forums. Sorry about that. :wink: Anyway...

Welcome!! And bunches of times. :D I hope you find this place to your liking. ~ All of us do. Well I think so. :?

Wow. We have lots in common. Okay first thing first...

*Jane Austen~
Another fan, huh? I absolutely adore her and her writing. You should check out the group here, for Austen fans. Did you see Masterpiece Classic last year for the Austen collection? Or do you know about it? Anyway, I think my favorite novel is Northanger Abbey. Even though it's not well talked about like Pride and Prejudice. :x But I'm getting into Sense and Sensibility. I actually have all her books that I got for Christmas. Your favorites? Have you've seen any of the movies? Oh, and, I've seen Persuasion as a play. You know, a theatre production. ~ I like her writing soooo...much, that writing in that era (Regency) is fun!

*J.K. Rowling~
Man, my sisters and I grew up with her series. Molly (younger sis) and I read all the books. Lets see, I've enjoyed all the Harry Potter movies and my family sees them every time it hits the theaters. I can't wait for the Half-Blood Prince. Molly and me are hoping (and I think they will) that they will have the part when Harry casts that spell on Malfoy and he gets that cut on his cheek. And Malfoy cries! God, he's getting hotter every movie. *sighs* Hope that happens! Have you seen the trailer?

*Fall Out Boy~
Love them!! I actually saw them with Cobra Starship and The Academy Is... at the 2007 Honda Civic Tour. The were amazing!!! Can't wait for the one this year. ~ They haven't said who's playing, yet.

*Panic! at the Disco~
I didn't see them live. Even though they played for 2008 Honda Civic Tour. I'm not the hugest fan of their new album, more for the old one.

*looks up* Wow. I did write a lot. Ugh! I have got to stop writing too much. Anyway, it was great to know a little about you. See you around.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 am
Stori says...

Hi, Fly! (rhymes, I has them.)

Welcome to the Young Writers Society. You ought to fit in very well.. "Most everyone's mad here." JK

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn