z

Young Writers Society

Hey

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:09 am
Black Mascara Tears says...

Hey I'm Sherry. Yeah I'm a girl. No surprise there. Well it might be because you don't know me. Well my brother bothered me to get this since he already does. He told me that I should get this and then he told everyone that I am getting this. Woo - Hoo. His name is Conrad. Go find him and review his stuff. I don't know if it's any good. I'm not much of a story person. I can write it. It's just not my passion. My username. Don't go bashing it. I wrote it one time a long time ago and I have fallen in love with it. It's my myspace name and my blog's name. So I'm going to give you tough love and say get over it. Sorry if I offended you though. But back to my passion.

I write poetry I don't know if it's any good. It pretty much backed up against God. No I won't Bible thump you I know better than that. I am pretty emo in my stuff. Hence my username. I have a blog that you should read. I'll give you the URL later. I'm to lazy to do that. I wirte it thinking about if it was turned into a song and then it becomes well what you read it as. Well I don't know how long this is suppose to be so I'm still writing. I'll go review some stuff then my brother will come in here and well see what happens with this.

Peace,
Black Mascara Tears

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:15 am
Night Mistress says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Cut the chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

a poetry writer? you will fit in here. tons of people write poetry.

What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?

and do you have any other hobbies?

Well, if you need anything, including friendship, pm me.

see ya around and i look forward to reading your work.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:43 am
God says...

hey, you seem like a reasonable person...
I call myself God, if that offends you, well, you are free to create one of your preference to use, I really don't care,

either way, welcome to YWS,
feel free to ask quesions, make comments, rant, rave, shout, whatever, we are a society of writers, artists,

"emo?" huh? well, I think we have a few of those around here, not that it really matters, we are all friends here,

anyhows, feel free to PM me, if you do have comments, or questions, or want to assign me a new name...

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

Random avatar

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 am

Thanks. I try to be reasonable.
It doesn't bother me just weird. I could care less.
I don't like cursing. It's dumb. Sorry opnion.

Sorry dumb question but what's PM.

Well I'm about to post a poem thing so if you want to and if you care you can go look at it.

Yeah well have fun being God.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:55 am
Clo says...

SHERRY! Connie's sister! I'm friends with your brother. I will tutor you, young grasshoppah.

This site is actually really awesome, and you get harsh/genuine feedback for your writing here. And writing is fun, and if you're really serious about it then it's nice to have people take time and consider what you've written.

We have Usergroups for people to talk about things they like, and Blogs for people to talk about their lives, and the community here is really great. And my purple name means I'm an Instructor -- I help you out with writing in reviews and the like, and am always available for review requests.

I am pretty awesome, and am only a small percentage of a number of awesome people here.

Hope to see you around. Oh, and PM means Private Message. There's a little tab under the post for it.

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:53 am

OK well I'll need a lot of tutoring. I'm not serious about this, but I like writing my poetry. It clears the mind and people say it's really good and all. So I thought other people would want to read it. So yeah Thanks.

Yes, you do sound pretty awesome. I'm not very good at navigating through this website so have been stumbling through here.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 am
Adnamarine says...

Why Clo! I do hope you're including ME in that small percentage!

Sherry, that girl will have you thinking I'm not awesome! ;)
Lovely to meet you, by the way. Does it bother you to have everyone call you Connie's sister?

I hope we can talk a lot though, because poetry's my thing to. I love it. But I've never shown it to anyone. Well, except for here. But these people are my literary soulmates, so hate it or love it, they will see my poetry. They can't judge me personally for it, teh way my family could; that's the difference. And I never have to worry that they'll be condescending.

I'd really love it if I could give you a hand getting started here, finding your way around. You've already got your foot firmly in the door courtesy of your brother's introduction via his blog, but I can see you're going to be carving a place all of your own.

I'm going to read some of your poetry very soon, just to warn you. ;)

PM me any time. :)
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:31 am
Clo says...

Adna, of course I include you. I support your awesomeness.

Unfortunately, I focus in fiction for reviewing. It's my thing. So it's a good thing Adna does poetry.
How am I not myself?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:28 am
LilyJamey says...

Hiya, Sherry! *resists temptation to replace "Sherry" with "Connie's Sister"* M'name's Lily. I like your username, it sounds cool. Welcome!

Oo, I can just tell you're an emo writer from reading your post. Your sentences are all pretty straightforward and emo-ish. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a poetry critic.

Ish, I'd hate it if my brother told everyone I was on this site - I'm not particularly comfortable letting my acquaintances read what I write. Except my best friends, maybe, but only because they don't understand it.

I used to write poetry, too, but that was last year. Lately I've been writing (and immediately trashing) fiction, so it would follow that I'm more of a fiction critic. I don't know how to review abstract stuff.

If you write fiction, don't hesitate to call on me if you need a review.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

Dramatic poetry is a forum I visit semi-frequently. I'm not the best at critiquing it, but I'm pretty good with flow. If I see your stuff there (or you ask) I will review.

We have some rather interesting usernames on here. I doubt anybody will make fun of it. If they do, tell one of the moderators (the ones with a green name), jr. mods (light green name) or admins (red name). They don't put up with unfair harshness!

The two other names are blue, for Greeters, and purple, for Instructors. Greeters make you feel welcome, Instructors will critique your work very thoroughly.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:04 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Welcome to YWS!
I just got back from one of the poetry forums, and I have already read some of your poems. They are filled with promise. Poetry is an important way to express emotion, and I do it quite often.
By all your replies, it looks as if everyone beat me here. *snaps fingers*
Just curious, who are your favorite authors and what are your favorite books? I often find that I have a common interest in favorite books with many people. Have you read Garth Nix? That's one good author... Oh yes, back to topic. If you ever need any help (although I'm sure that you have Conrad there to help you) if he can't then I will be happy to show you round the site.
See you round the forums, more than likely I'll end up reviewing at least one of your poems.

~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

Random avatar

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Wow I fell asleep and I got like assaulted on here. Mostly they all said. "Connie's sister". I know you guys like it and all but I'm sorry don't call me that. I listened to it for all grade school life in basketball. So if you could call me something else please? Thank you. :D

Adna- Thanks so much for wanting to help. You can help me I don't mind at all. Yeah I don't know if you'll like my poetry. But it's out there for you to critique it.

Lily- First of I like your name. :) Yeah I'm an emo writer but I don't want it to suck so even if you don't critique it you could see something that no one else does.

Rosey Unicorn- Thanks for all the information. It will probably come in handy sometime.

Alyss- Thank you for reading it. Well I'm sure Conrad is here to help me if I get lost, but thanks for the offer. I really don't have a favorite author or book. I just read and if I like it I like it. There are sometimes where I only like how they expressed something or the story line was cool or the character's past was really good. Rarely do I like the whole book or a specific author.

There I replied to everyone. :D Whew that was a lot.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:36 pm
JFW1415 says...

Ah, so you do let us call you Shery! All right, I'll resist the temptation to call you connie's sister. :)

Just go join something else, whether it be online or not, get everyone to know you, and then make con join. Then they'll all be calling HIM Sherry's brother! :)

~JFW1415

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:58 pm
Demeter says...

Wow! Hey there, the sister of your brother! You're already quite famous here :D

Welcome to YWS! And of course, Clo includes me in that percentage, too, so I can say without hesitating that I'm awesome as well. :D

I like your username. Very innovative. But I think I'll still call you Sherry, if it's OK?

Well, hopefully you'll have loads of fun around here. Actually, I'm pretty sure you will! And don't be afraid to PM me when you need something, I'll be glad to help!

See you around, then!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey, Jennifer, the only other person that I know on here. I'll try to do that but now guarantees on having him join anything else. But you never know.

Demeter, yeah I'm famous but not as good as Con. So don't set the bar so high for me. I promise you that I won't have a lot and the stuff that I do have won't be the best.

You guys can call me Sherry or whatever. Just not Connie's sister. I'm not very cool with that. Everything else I could care less. My name is an alcoholic beverage. How cool is that?

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx