z

Young Writers Society

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:23 pm
lisa says...

HEY EVERYONE THIS IS LISA I'M FROM KY IM WRITTING ON A STORT BUT NEED ADVICE ON THE TITLE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.IT'S A STORY ABOUT A WOWAN WHO LIVES IN THE CITY AND WANTS TO BE IN THECOUNTRY AND SHE MOVES OUT TO THE COUNTRY AND FINDS A HOUSE WITH AN OLD RAN DOWN FARM SHE WANTS TO FIX UP AND SHE TURNS THE OLD FARM INTO A FARM FOR CHILDREN WHO LOVE ANIMALS WHO HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS WHO CANT HAVE THEM THEMSELVES

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 pm
Emerson says...

Hi there Lisa and welcome to YWS!

First of all I changed your title and subject thingy so they were lower case. I would change the whole body of your message, but this would take too much effort. Just, next time, please stay away from caps lock!

If you have any questions about the site or the above, feel free to ask! Have you read the rules and anything?

Your story sounds like a real inspiring and heart warming thing, but the best advice I can tell you is to finish writing it first. Look through the themes, through the important messages of the story, and you'll find a title. There is no one out there better to come up with a title than yourself, since you have actually written it and you k now everything about it.

Enjoy the site and best of luck!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Yes, capslock is a little painful.

To slim down the rules so you can get right into YWS, the two main points you should keep in mind are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. No matter how much we want to read your story, it's best to give out reviews first. That way, everybody gets a review.
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliterations are okay, just don't overdo it.

It seems you like realistic fiction! What are some books you like to read? Any favourite authors?

Same advice as Suzanne.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:32 am
Meep(: says...

Welcome to the YWS family!
I'm Meep!
Firstly, a round of applause for our Moderator Suzanne,
FOr explaining the caps lock rule, and also for our
Featured member, our resident Greeter Rosey,
For explaining the 2 other important rules of YWS.
*claps enthusiastically*

And no rounds of applause for Meep(:,
Who has been beaten to the punchline.

I see you've got an inspiring story planned out there,
I've also got a lot of ideas and plans,
But like Suzanne has said, I find it easier to
Write/type it out first, and let the YWS people help you out.
There are also some forums here, which you can browse through, for more help.
Writing Tips: forum11.html
Writers Corner: forum124.html
The Literature corner where all the works are posted, also have forums for tips:
literature.php

well, I hoped I've been helpful.
Feel free to PM me for any other enquiries,
And I'll be happy to help you out wherever I can :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:41 am
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to the yws.

since all of things have been said already, i won't repeat it again.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:41 am
LilyJamey says...

Heya, Lisa. I'm Lily. *blinks at the capslocked words* You sound, um, enthusiastic. :wink:
Welcome to the wacky family!

Forgive me for asking, but what does KY stand for? I suck at names and geography, especially US abbreviations. Figures.

Like Meep said, you can ask for help at the Writer's Corner. Personally, I think you should finish the story before naming it, since it can grow rather wild sometimes, and then you'd have to rename it.

When you're done writing, don't hesitate to ask any of us for help on critiquing - we'll be more than happy to oblige. If you're posting on the site, of course.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:51 pm
Demeter says...

LilyJamey, KY is for Kentucky. :)

Hi, Lisa!

Hopefully you'll enjoy your time here. You can always PM me if you need anything.

So welcome, and see you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
— Ann Landers