z

Young Writers Society

Hey :D

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 pm
litchick27 says...

As you could probably see, I'm a writer (well isn't that a suprise). I need somewhere to express my creativity (even if sometimes it sucks). I'm really into quirky books and characters because I'm sort of a big wierdo myself. I'm really excited to get started!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2- Cut chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, as are alliterations, just don't overdo it.

YWS is defenetly the place to exersie your creativity! But, why not tell us a bit more about yourself. WHat are your favourite books? Authors? Genres? What genres do you write in?

If you're looking for an amazing place to write with a partner, check out either Storybooks (RPGs) in the Lit. boards (found by clicking on the Writing button in the header) or the Double Trouble Writing Huddle, a usergroup for writing with partners. To find this and a bunch of other groups, click on the Groups button in the header.

Weirdos are welcome here. We're all a bit wacky, and geeky. Enjoy your stay!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:40 am
Firestarter says...

Hey litchick, welcome to town!

Hope you enjoy the site. PM with any questions if you're lost.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:44 am
Layleun says...

Welcome to YWS Chick! I'm Lupe and I'll be here whenever you need a question answered or to help you with anything else.

Weirdo? You'll fit in nicely ^.^ We're all a bunch or weirdos, hot weirdos at that, take a look at our Post Your Pic threads in the Lounge =D What do you like to write? Read? Anything more about yourself? We don't bite (too hard), you don't necessarily say your address or anything =P We just like to be friends; favorite color, perhaps?

A few rule you should be aware of are:

1: Post two reviews for every story you post
2: Keep the chatspeak to a minimum. If you're intentionally putting it there for a laugh or a certain effect go ahead. Make sure it's minimal, legible, and doesn't kill retinas =P

That's about it. If you need anything at all, send me a PM or post on my guestbook or something. I'll probably check this thread every once and a while to see if you said anything here but eventually I'll forget >.<

Happy writing and welcome to the family!
~Lupe

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:44 am
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hello, no I promise its not an insane asylum... *hears scream* Its just cases of writers block is all thats wrong. :)

Nice to have you at YWS! Its always nice to see a new member come to the community.
The rules are already taken care of, but if you want to check it out for yourself thats in the YWS forum index.

Well, of you need any help, pm me me. I'll be happy to help you out.

~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:50 am
Meep(: says...

Welcome to the YWS family!!!
I'm Meep, your resident weirdo.
Welcome, fellow weirdo :D

Anyway, since the rules have been taken care of...
You shouldn't have any problem fitting in.
*whispers* Everyone in YWS is weird or crazy in some way or another.
But don't tell them I said that.

So specifically what quirky books do you like to read?
Any you can recommend?
I could use a good dose of quirk :D

Oh, and feel free to PM my anytime,
For friendship, reviews, questions, anything. Even to babble nonsense.
I'll do my best to help you out :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 pm
Stori says...

Well, welcome to the conglomeration of sentient beings known as the Young Writers' Society. (Translation: hello and welcome.)

It's good to see someone who's not afraid to admit their differences. We should be friends. :D

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:28 pm
LilyJamey says...

Welcome, quirky, nerdy weirdo! I'm Lily.

We love nerds, so you are definitely welcome here. You also share the 'weirdo' part in common with most of us.

Creativity never fails! It's words that fail creativity. When you've completed a work, tell me, kay? I'll critique it.

Send me a PM if you need anything. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to yws.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm
God says...

Hey Lit, I am God,
if the name offends you, please feel free to call me whatever you wish.

welcome to YWS, the place where you are free to post your work, (granted you have enough points/reviews done)

sort of, anyways, we are all really very friendsly people here, sort of...

although, sometimes people can get real... irritating, when they tear your work to shreds (granted while doing this i'm sure they give a very in-depth critique)

so, need anything, have any questions, need to rant, need to shout, want to know who I am, just PM me,

so, now we have introduction out of the way,
who are you? where you from, what do you do?

hmm...?

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White