z

Young Writers Society

In a world far, far away...

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:26 pm
take_me_apart says...

Everything in my life has become a story. Fact or fiction. This is all that's left.

YO! my name's Rose, and I'm from a land down under! Australia.

I like it here, though I'd definitely want to travel.
I don't think about having a career. Well, writing and traveling, that would be my career.
Though, having quite a bit of money would be good, and loving what you do, and being paid for that would be beyond awesome. Besides writing and traveling, I don't really know what that is yet.

Well, I'm 18. Almost 19 (in two months :))
I really enjoy listening to the stories and lessons and words of older people, but I've gathered they aren't too keen on listening to those of the younger generation. Discrimination. Don't worry, I'm already on it.

I like to go on walks, with my MP3 player
and I love the beach, and swimming.
Music, of course. I'm a bluesy-jazzy sorta person, but I'm also a diverse sorta person.
I believe it's really important to listen to your heart.

So, you are more than welcome to drop by!
Thank you :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hope the username won't confuse you...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review, plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've look at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio
2-Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, as are alliterations, just don't overdo it.

Tell us a little more about yourself! What are your favourtie books? Authors? Genres? What genre(s) are you writing now?

We have several "Rose"s here on YWS, from their usernames, that is. I love the fact your actual name is Rose. Mine's not, but I sort of want Rose or Rosey as my middle name.....

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:59 am
Adnamarine says...

Australia?! I'm jealous of everybody that lives there.

I go on walks with my mp3 player also, on random neighborhood streets. Sometimes I get odd looks. Probably because I tend to get the silliest grin on my face. :) Ever heard of Josh Groban? Well, it's usually his fault. Not always, but usually. :P

I wish you could get paid just to travel wherever you want, basically paid to be a tourist. :) I don't want to be just a tourist though, I want to spend more time than that in places, and not pack Europe into a week. Know what I mean?

So what kinds of things do you like to write?
I'm always looking for new stuff to review, so please don't hesitate to PM me any time you want one!!!!

Rosey covered the rules--if you'd be so kind as to take not of them-- so I don't need to go over those again.

If you have any questions about anything, I'd love to be of help. You can PM me, or write on my guestbook.

You're going to have so much fun here, just wait. :) You should be excited.

Oh. And welcome!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:39 am
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Adnamarine, I love Josh Groban...

Oh right, back to topic. :)

Welcome to YWS!
I also loved my MP3, notice I used past tense. It kicked the bucket, died, whatever you want to call it during summer. It was so depressing...
You love walks on the beach? Me too! I bet there are alot of beaches in Australia. :)
Well, if you need any help, let me know. I'll be happy to show you around. See ya round!

~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 pm
Meep(: says...

Woohoo! More Josh Groban fans!

Welcome to the YWS family, Rose!
I see you're a jazz/blues lover.
Personally, my favourite artiste in that genre would be Michael Buble! :D
I use my phone as my mp3, and I listen to it whenever possible.
I'm also a Jazz fan! As well as Pop, Rock and Classical music.
Oh, feel free to PM for anything and I'll be happy to help :)

So what kind of stories/poems do you write? :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:32 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

Josh Gorban? *looks up on Wiki*

Anywide, I'm Kite. Or Stori. Or Jay. Whatever floats your boat.

Don't forget, we have our very own chat... otherwise known as the Lounge. *Check the main page.*

Stori was here!

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:20 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Rose~

Just to let you know, I'm really slow at getting to the welcome forums. :wink: Sorry, about that. Anyway...

Welcome! And welcome some more!! I hope this site will be very helpful to you and your work. ~ It has for me. People here will give you down to earth honest opinions on your work. Don't worry, we don't bite. :P

So how was being 18 feel? I'm eighteen, too. If I had to say one thing that I loved being 18 so far, would be concerts. And lots of the rock/indie/alternative ones. Oh, and I turn 19 (scary!! :shock:) in July.

I'm sure a lot of inspiring artists (no matter what you do) get major inspiration from the beach/ocean. I just take my Zune and walk on the boardwalk at Westport. ~ That's my family's "secret" beach. No one barely goes there. Which is great! ~ Anyway, to the point...it helps with the beach thingy. I absolutely love it!

So your a jazz fan, huh? My parents love smooth jazz. They listen to KWJZ 98.9 FM on the radio. Let's see I've gotten into Chris Botti, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, and my favorite...Harry Connick Jr. My mom is a HUGE fan of Groban and Buble. But enough said.

Well, it was great to know a little about you. I will be happy to drop by. See you around!

*Merry

*Meep~

I do also like Josh Groban and Michael Buble!!
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:09 pm
WaterVyper says...

Oh hi! Time to add more people to my list of Josh Groban fans. I'm not really big on music, but I do like some artists. You like the beach? Well, when you've seen it for every (and I mean each and every one) single holiday trip, it gets kind of boring. Mountains, that's what I like. It's much windier, cooler, and has a great view. Well, that's enough about that from me.

You like swimming as well? Yay. Um... didn't mean that to sound sarcastic. Sorry if it did. Have you ever won any competitions? I haven't won any sports competitions, but I won lots of spelling bees. What do you like to read and who are your favorite authors? I like Darren Shan, Matthew Reilly, and Cornelia Funke.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. Hello again, and great to see you around. Feel free to PM me if you need anything, or just want to talk. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

I say, in matters of the heart, treat yo' self.
— Donna, Parks & Rec