z

Young Writers Society

Like a lot of you, I'm new! Australian!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:38 am
TRASHYtoni says...

Hi everyone,
So glad I've found this site! It took me decades (not literally) to find a good young writers website and looks like I've finally found it. I can't wait to read other peoples writing, but I can't wait for my work to be analyzed by fellow writers.
Anywho, I'm not exactly sure how this all works so I'm off to explore. I'm not totally computer literate so wish me luck!

~ Toni

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 am
Meep(: says...

Hi TRASHYtoni!
Welcome to the YWS family!
I'm Meep!

And yes, you've picked the Bestestest Awesomest Young writer's website ever!
(Then again, I could just be bias)
But anyway, there are 2 rules you should take note of:
1) Chatspeak is a no-no.
2) For every 1 piece of work you post on the website, you have to review 2 others, not done by you. We call it the 2:1 ratio rule. It helps keep the balance in the forums.

So what kind of stuff do you like to write? Poetry? Sci-Fi? etc?
Feel free to PM me for anything, including a review! :D
I'll be happy to assist you.

See you around! :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 am
TRASHYtoni says...

Thanks for the info Meep (:

I love writing poetry, although a lot of my poetry is just free verse (is that just cheating :P)
I tend to stick to more realistic views of writing. I'm not much of a sci-fi or fantasy fan and I tend to stick to the rule "write what you know".

I guess although poetry is my favourite, I write a lot of short stories as well. As icky as it sounds, I write a lot of short stories based around couples and love - although my stories have a creepy twist. I just finished writing one actually. My teacher referred to it as 'socially unacceptable yet utterly brilliant' - a cool thing to read on my school report!

After writing this reply I'm going straight to your portfolio to have a read.

Cheeers (:

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:51 am
Meep(: says...

Now I'm dying of curiosity.
Do you intend to post your socially unacceptable but utterly brilliant story?
Because I'm itching to read it :D
Unfortunately, I won't be reviewing much poetry.
That's not my area of writing.
Do PM me if you decide to post the story, and I'll give you a review! :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:44 pm
Demeter says...

Toni!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter, one of the Instructors. (Check the purple name.) It's very nice to meet you! And yes, you have finally found the greatest site for young writers, so congrats on that! :D

I'm so proud of you! You've already done four reviews! That's just awesome:)

Your writing preferences sound so much similar to mine! The 'write what you know' thing and all. I write rather much poetry, too, but I also do other stuff. I'd love to read your socially unacceptable story, too! (Here it is acceptable, believe me.)

Well, I hope to see you around a lot, and PM me anytime you're in need of something. Deal? ;)

Have fun!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm
Snoink says...

Dude! I want to read that 'socially unacceptable yet utterly brilliant' story. I love those types of stories... really. And free verse poetry is NOT cheating. Most modern poetry is like that anyway. ;)

Also, I'm extremely gullible. For a little while, I was wondering why you were searching for a writing website when you were six. XD

Anyway, welcome to YWS! Hopefully, you'll find it easy to navigate. If not, you can always bug me. I'm a moderator, which means I oversee YWS and make sure that the members aren't going to kill each other. If you have any problems, come to me or any of the other green or red guys and we'll be sure to help you out. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm
View Likes
fire_of_dawn says...

Well, it seems you'll be write... or, right, at home. Realistic fiction usually goes under "Other," so you know.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:26 pm
Night Mistress says...

Welcome to YWS.

since meep has said and asked all of the things i want to say. all i can said is that if you need anything, inculding friendship, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 pm
Rosendorn says...

What happens when you don't log-on until late in the day....

A poetry fan, eh? I'm starting to critique that genre a little bit. Mostly Dramatic Poetry. I'd be happy to review anything in that forum!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew