z

Young Writers Society

I am Ole :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:37 pm
Ole says...

Hey guys,

My name is Oliver, but I always use the penname(or username) Ole :P I'm a web programmer/designer and I love to write. I have been trying to write stories for years, inspired (and honest) by J.K. Rowling :P I've never once finished a full story, but my latest atempt (and New Years resolution) is going well. I'm writing in a completely different style that I never thought I had and I think it has been the missing ingredient in my writing.

If anyone has any good books I could read too, I'd be happy to look some up. At the moment I'm reading Jonathon Ross's book, and I find it puts me to sleep faster than anything :P

So hi everyone.

Oh- I'm also 18, 19 in February. *waves*

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:53 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Cut the chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

oh, a web programmer. That;s what i am studying to be after college.

So what are you planning on writing while you are here?

What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?

and do you have any other hobbies?

Well, if you need anything, including friendship, pm me.

see ya around and i look forward to reading your work.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:53 am
Ole says...

I'm not sure if I plan on writing anything here; maybe a short story or something but not too much :P I came for the community of writers aspiring to finish stories and get published.

Though I definately will check out what others have written and try give some good reviews. I suppose that could be a good substitute for buying a new book, haha.

My favourite authors would be J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Phillip Pullman and Sam Bourne :P Mostly popular authors, I am sad to say but not ashamed to admit it XP I don't read too much, which is another thing I'm trying to get up to par.

Thanks for the welcome and friendship offer XP

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 am
Night Mistress says...

you are quite welcome.

I have one more question for you; i forgot to ask it earlier. What is your favorite genre to read? I can you see that you read Pullman, so i am guessing fantasy at the moment, but hey, i could be wrong and not know it.

well, i hope you find what you are looking for. See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:21 am
God says...

ooooh! hello there,
I be known as "God"

I am the friendly neighboorhood rebel.
so, what's up with you?

I have never written a novel, but I have a few short stories under my belt,

so, books?
I have a whole list of excellent books, if you would like to here them,
first among them...

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn,

look it up, seriously,
It is one of the few books that have ever seriously changed my life.

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:55 pm
Demeter says...

Olé, Ole!

Hehe. I'm just so funny.

:D

So! Nice to meet you, I'm Demeter. I hope to see you around a lot!

Well, whenever you need something, just throw me a PM and I'll be there!

Have fun,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:57 pm
Snoink says...

The two books that make me fall asleep are "Introduction to Fluid Mechanics" and "Introduction to Thermodynamics." For some reason, I fell asleep when I read them. However, I was really tired... XD

Anyway, welcome to YWS! It's awesome that your new year's resolution was writing. I totally know what you mean by a different style. Several times I've written stuff and when I reread it, I keep wondering, "Where did THAT come from?" But that's the magical part of writing. More magical than Harry Potter! :D

Also! A webdesigner, but no website? PSH. Where's your website? :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm
Rosendorn says...

You'll quickly learn how to construct a good critique. I'd recomend reading some of the critiques written by those with purple names. They're instructors, and they give very good critiques.

A good place to check for books would be Book Reviews. You'll find a ton. Or, just read a bunch of stuff on YWS!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant