z

Young Writers Society

*Leaps in to the sound of nonexistant applause*

Reviews: 2
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:19 pm
~apocalypse~ says...

I think it's pretty obvious that I'm new - or else I wouldn't be introducing myself.

I'm apocalypse, or Keira if you so desire, and I am a pirate - or wish I were - but I don't really have anything against ninjas.

I tend to vear towards realistic or fantasy fiction, or a mix of both, in reading and writing. I have in the past attempted poetry, but eventually just set it aside as a lost cause because I was getting no where no matter how hard I try. Now I've just been sticking to my stories where I'm most comfortable.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:33 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Cut the chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

sweet another fantasy write. I am one too. I suggest that you take a look at the usergroups here. they have some awesome fantasy ones.

What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?

and do you have any other hobbies?

Well, if you need anything, including friendship, pm me.

see ya around and i look forward to reading your work.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:36 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, Keira slash Apocalypse!

Pirate, eh? :pirate1:

Nothing against ninjas? Well, here goes.

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027

Well, it's nice to meet you. Even though I terrorized your thread with a few of those little blue cuties. I'm Demeter *curtsies* and I'm one of the Instructors here, hence my purple name.

Blue ones are Greeters, and they should be around the Welcome forums pretty ofte, since their job is to greet new members.

Then we have Junior Mods and Mods, which are light green and dark green respectively. Red is for Admins, and orange guys are Distinguished Members.

Well, if you haven't already read the rules, you should. And remember: no chat-speak. But I don't think that's going to be a problem ;)

I'll see you around! And if you ever need anything, like reviews or a shoulder to cry on, just PM me and I'll be there.

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

Pirates and ninjas are both Mythbusters specials. Ninjas rock!

Fantasy! You'll be right at home here. About half of the members here are into it, so questions get answered really quickly.

Same questions as Night.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:41 pm
~apocalypse~ says...

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?
My favorite book? Well, I don't think I can answer specifically because I've got too many. Harry Potter definately is up there very high, Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett, Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Lord of the Rings (especially the first one), and so many more that it would take days to rattle off the list. I don't think you have that kind of time, so I'll leave it at that.

and do you have any other hobbies?
I like to swim, not competatively, because all you do is stand for hours and then swim for less than five minutes, but I'm still on the local swim team even though I don't go to the meets. I also like to sketch, especially ships, and I love to play the cello and am better than most kids my age, and play Pachobell's Canon until everyone else in the house loses their heads. It doesn't take a lot.

2- Cut the chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.
Considering I did a report for school on how much I hate chat-speak, I don't think that this will be a problem.

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Ah, well, a slight warning then: You will find abbreviations such as lol, brb, MC (Main Character), POV (Point Of View), A/N (Author's Note) and the like. You won't find stuff like kk, idc, ect.

Sketching cool. Check out the Art and Photography forum in the Lit. boards for some amazing artwork!

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 pm
~apocalypse~ says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Ah, well, a slight warning then: You will find abbreviations such as lol, brb, MC (Main Character), POV (Point Of View), A/N (Author's Note) and the like. You won't find stuff like kk, idc, ect.
I'm not that much of a radical. :) Literary abbreviation are fine, because those who aren't as intellectual will have no clue what the secret code that we writers use means :P . I've ended up just growing immune to "lol" and "rofl" as well. It's the stuff that I won't find here that drives me up the wall and onto the ceiling.

I'm going to stop myself right there before I go into a rant.

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Rant= awesome most of the time. Have you checked out Ron James? He is the king of rants.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:07 pm
WaterVyper says...

Ooh, a cello player? I play violin, piano, and the ocarina. I can do the Canon on violin and piano, and I'm trying to figure out how to do it on the ocarina. It's going to take a while. Plus, school takes up way too much time to be healthy. Ah well, at least it starts at seven thirty, not six thirty.

Anyway, great to meet you. And I'll give you some applause. *loud, roaring applause* There you go! :) I agree with Rosey too, rants are awesome. Here on YWS they're pretty common actually. You learn to put up with them. So, hi and bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 am
Meep(: says...

I see you have already been greeted by an array of loonies already.
I shall be the first 'normal' person to greet you.
Hi there! I'm Meep, a bluey :D
Welcome to the YWS family!
When you first told me you liked pirates and I could call you Keira,
I thought: Keira Knightley; Pirates of The Carribean.
The movies were totally awesome. I love their music too.
Just curious... Any pirate in history that you particularly like? Example, Blackbeard.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 am
LilyJamey says...

Did you just insult Demi, Night Mistress, WV and Rosey? How dare you!
Oh wait, it's actually a compliment to be called "loony" here. We love lunatics. :wink:

Hiya Keira! M'name's Lily, and I'm a raving lunatic! Okay, maybe just a little nutty.

I'm not a big fan of fantasy, but I think I'll read anything that's prose, so call on me if you need a critic for your work!

Pirate, aye? There's this article in one of the previous Squills (the site e-zine) about a pirate. A noble Pirate. Hmm. James English, or something of that sort.

The Picture of Dorian Gray gave me the creeps. Oscar Wilde is pretty cool, I have his complete works. Some of his lines are reused, I noticed.

PM me if you need anything!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr