z

Young Writers Society

Hey =)

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 pm
Shadowride7 says...

Hiya! I actually just found this site maybe a little over half an hour ago. I have to say, I'm very excited and kind of nervous to have joined this community; it looks wonderful! Anyhow, perhaps I should introduce myself... The name's Morgan, and I am fourteen years old and enjoy reading, writing, basketball, and riding. What else? I'm not really into music much, but my favorite authors, just to name a few, are Phillip Pullman, C.S. Lewis, and of course, JRR Tolkien! I have to say, one of my writing flaws that I'm working on improving is finishing a story before creating a new one; I've such a problem with it! I hope to see my writing improve on here, I've been browsing and noticed that everyone gives tips to on another on their stories, which I think is great. Well, that's about it.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, as are alliterations, just don't overdo it.

another C.S lewis fan! what is your favorite book? and do you like the movies too?

What are you planing on writing while you are here?

You will defendly improve while you are here.

well, if you need anything, including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 pm
Shadowride7 says...

My favorite book probably would have to be either The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe or The Horse And His Boy; they both totally captured my heart. I have to say, I think the movies are going well, however I don't like how they skipped over The Horse And His Boy, but I can understand that only book fans would get that. I liked Prince Caspian, too, but I noticed that they inserted some things that weren't even mentioned in the story, such as Susan's love for Caspian. Great, now you've really got me started! I plan on writing a little bit of realistic fiction, fantasy, stuff like that. Especially fantasy, however. I've already picked which half started story I'm going to finish first on here. Thanks for your support and kindness, by the way.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

It seems you are a fantasy lover. Do you read/write any other genres?

Yes, posting things on here can really help motivation, expecially when you have somebody breathing down your neck, asking you if you're working on a story they love!

If you're looking for some YWS clubs (called usergroups) click on the Groups button in the header. There you will find a group for almost everything!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:55 pm
Night Mistress says...

I hate that they have susan and caspian falling for each other. it should have been Lucy and Caspian falling in love with each other.

I write fantasy too. I just started mine. I usually write Romance Fiction, but i want to try some different.

You are welcome.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:44 pm
Shadowride7 says...

Sure Rosey. I also read non-fiction and sometimes science fiction and poetry. I'll look into the clubs, it sounds very cool. Thanks for all the helpful advice. Oh, and Lucy should have, that would have been the best! I'm thinking about writing a romance novel, but when I'm older. I have no love experience right now, and I don't plan to for a while. =)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:58 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Morgan! Many welcomes.

Basketball? Who's your team?

Nice to see you like Philip Pullman and Tolkien, two of my favourite authors too.

I think everyone always wants to start something new before finishing their current project. It's such a great temptation, because the start of a story is always the easiest. Don't worry -- I'm just as weak.

I hope you'll find the improvement you're seeking here!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

250 Reviews

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am
Night Mistress says...

I don't have any love experience and i am write a romance novel. each to the own.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:08 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi! And I see that you've become acquainted with some of our Greeters. Ooh, you like Tolkein too? His universe is sometimes confusing, but once you get it, it's cool. Fantasy hm? You won't have any trouble fitting in. I have no experience in romance either, and that's one of the main plots in the book I'm trying to write. Ouch.

So, nice to meet you. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:24 am
Reuben A says...

Eloooooooooooo Shadowride7! Looks lke you have all the smae writing problems as me. :( . Anyway, before you post anything, check out the rules and regulatoins: rules.php
I like Pretty much all the same writers as you too!

10 things about the site:

1. Nate is the all mighty creator. Of the site.
2. Squills is a YWS magazine
3. if you are in desperate need for reviews -not that you will ever be - go to 'Will review for food: viewforum.php?f=188
4. If you don't know where to post something, like a game, put it in Randomness: viewforum.php?f=39
5.User-groups are great, join one. (Click on a user group, and there'll be a table on the top of the screen, click join group.)
6. If someone's name is writen in a couler - exept black - He/she's a YWS staff member:
Blue - Greeter
Purple - instructor
Light green - Junior moderator
Green - Moderator
Orange - Distinguished Members
Red - Administrators
7. This is the greatest site in the world.
8. if you don't know where to post something, and it's literature, post it in Other, or Other fiction, or Other poetry.
Other: forum26.html
Other Fiction: forum5.html
Other Poetry: forum17.html
9. Big Brother is a moderator group - I think.
10. Enjoy it or leave...*shadow falls on face*

PM me if you need anything.

~Luben
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb