z

Young Writers Society

You know you love me!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Reuben A says...

Ellooooo Evi, well, everyone has told you everything. :( . But you still don't have this!

10 things about the site:

1. Nate is the all mighty creator. Of the site.
2. This is the greatest site in the world.
3. if you are in desperate need for reviews -not that you will ever be - go to 'Will review for food: viewforum.php?f=188
4. If you don't know where to post something, like a game, put it in Randomness: viewforum.php?f=39
5. Big Brother is a moderator group - I think. :smt012
6. Squills is a YWS magazine
7. User-groups are great, join one. (Click on a user group, and there'll be a table on the top of the screen, click join group.)
8. if you don't know where to post something, and it's literature, post it in Other, or Other fiction, or Other poetry.
Other: forum26.html
Other Fiction: forum5.html
Other Poetry: forum17.html
9. Smilies are great.
10. Enjoy it or leave...*shadow falls on face* :wink:

PM me if you need anything.

~Luben
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:53 pm
Evi says...

Wow! Everyone here is so...

*scratches head while trying to think of the word*

Aha! Friendly!

Thanks so much for the welcome. I'm getting this warm and fuzzy feeling. Anyway, I like to write all kinds of genres, or have at least attempted stories all across the board. Emphasis on the 'attempted'. I'm hoping that getting good feedback from all you lovely reviewers out there will cure me of my bad habit to start stories, get ten pages into them, then decide it shall never see the light of day and deserves to be burned.

I have self-confidence issues with my writing.

I'm planning on posting a fantasy story I'm currently writing, once I work up the courage. :wink: Just kidding, really.

And, actually, LilyJamey, I probably will put up some poetry of mine. Just, I'm very nervous about this. Besides the whole self-confidence issue, I've found that they don't really make much sense. Which is probably all the more reason I should put it up for critiques, I guess.

I, like so many others on here, like to act, sing, and dance. I also am learning Spanish and Tagalog; I'm hopefully fluent in English. :D And I LOVE history. Like, obsessively. Especially the British monarchs, although I'm American. And I've written songs about the Inca and Maya civilizations...which should be illegal, they're so horrendous.

Not sure if you could call this a hobby, but I like long words. I'm currently titled the 'human dictionary' at school, which, although it slightly offends me, also flatters me. If you know any cool, very long words that can be used in everyday language, let me know!

Thanks!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 am
Meep(: says...

You learn spanish and tagalog on top of english.
Wow. I'm impressed.
I got upgraded from 'walking encyclopedia' to 'human dictionary'.
Though my english isn;t as good as my friends think.
It's all an illusion.
Interesting choice of language though.
Why tagalog? Do you have relatives from the Philippines?
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:15 pm
Evi says...

My mother was born in the Philippines and migrated here when she was about my age. When I visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and everybody else from her side of the family, it's kind of essential to know at least a little. Because, they don't really like talking English. My most used prase is--

Hindiko kiyo niiintin dehan.

It means, "I don't understand what you're saying." :)
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:22 pm
Juniper says...

Magadang Araw!

Kamusta ka na? Pangalan June :D.

[okay I can't continue in tagalog xD]

Welcome to YWS! Seeing that mostly everyone has covered all of the rules we have here I just want to say WELCOME! If you ever need anything, PM me. If you'd like a review or something, come to me!

Welcome aboard!!

june
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard