Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 pm
View Likes
numberdance says...

(I apologize for the unoriginal title.)
I'm numberdance, and I'm 13 years old and live in Oklahoma.

I mostly right poetry, but I've done NaNoWriMo for three years now.
I enjoy attempting to write in French and Spanish. What I write in French usually comes out making some amount of sense; what I write in Spanish is not so predictable.

In my free time, I read and write, do math, fence, ride roller coasters, and jump rope.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey, numberdance,

welcome to YWS.

two rule before we chat:

1) 2:1 ratio. try to maintain it.
2) no chat-speak. some abberation are okay thought.

so another poetry writer? you will like it here then.

what are your favorite books and who is your favorite author?

Ohh, fencing. i want to try fencing really bad, but no one offer it where i live.

well, see ya around and if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.
2- Cut the chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations and all alliteration is okay, just don't overdo it.

So, what prose genres do you normally write?

I applaud your effort in writing in other languages! I'm not one for languages in general. I fight with grammar. :oops:

Mathernot, eh? And I thought I was the only one who did math for fun. So nice to meet you!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi numberdance! Great work with learning other languages to a degree of fluency. I have um...six languages crammed in my head and can only speak two of them well. Anyway, what genres do you like to read/write? Who are your favorite authors?

Well, I think that's it. I hope to see you around soon. I'll be checking for your poetry. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 am
Kaylyn says...

Howdy there!
Welcome to YWS! I've always wanted to try fencing, but knowing me, I'd probably poke my eye or someone elses. :)
I also love languages. I'm better at spanish and could probably get along in a country that spoke spanish. My french is neglected. I want to learn Gaelic.
I can't do math worth a flip. I'm horrible at it.
Well, if you have any questions, just Pm me. I'll be happy to help. See you around the site.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:49 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to YWS! There aren't many people that can claim to write in a foreign language for fun!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:09 am
LilyJamey says...

Hye, numberdance! I'm Lily. I'll just call you numby straight off.

Welcome to the infinitely wacky family!

NaNoWriMo, huh? I admire your perseverence. Usually, I'll write a couple of pages before abandoning it for a new plotline. I can only write things in one sitting, so since NaNo is one month, I pretty much can't do it.

Oo, I stink at poetry. Or at least critiquing it. But if you do anything other than poetry, just call on me and I'll review!

PM me if you need anything!

Hope you [s]like[/s] love the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:34 pm
Reuben A says...

Ellloooooo numberdance! Welcome to the greatest site in the world...*drumroll* YWS!! Well, like everyone has said you need to check out the rules and guildlines: rules.php
And then you're fiiiiiine.

10 fings about the site:

1. Nate is the all mighty creator. Of the site.
2. Big Brother is a moderator group - I think. :smt017
3. if you are in desperate need for reviews -not that you will ever be - go to 'Will review for food: viewforum.php?f=188
4. User-groups are great, join one. (Click on a user group, and there'll be a table on the top of the screen, click join group.)
5. This is the greatest site in the world.
6. Smilies are great.
7. If you don't know where to post something, like a game, put it in Randomness: viewforum.php?f=39
8. if you don't know where to post something, and it's literature, post it in Other, or Other fiction, or Other poetry.
Other: forum26.html
Other Fiction: forum5.html
Other Poetry: forum17.html
9. Squills is a YWS magazine.
10. Enjoy it or leave...*shadow falls on face* :wink:

PM me if you need anything.

~Luben
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 am
Rydia says...

Hello there! Welcome to the site =) I must admit I envy you already, fencing is a skill I've always been tempted to try out and just never quite got around to it. Oh and if you'd like to banter with someone in Spanish, I know a little ^^

Drop me a pm any time, okay? And the same goes for if you have questions, would like a review or even just want to talk in English (I can manage that too ;)).

And NaNoWriMo three times is an impressive task in itself. How many times did you win? I've done it just the once and was about two thousand words short I think, maybe a little less. But I enjoyed it thoroughly and look forward to this November ^^

See you around,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson