z

Young Writers Society

hi

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:42 am
Mirasella says...

Hi, I guess. I'm Mirasella, fourteen, and I used to be on here a year ago but no longer remember my username at all.

Sometimes people call me a vampire because a) I hate hate hate garlic, b) I'm photosensitive (direct too bright sunlight gives me migraines) c) my canines came in all wrong d) I'm ridiculously pale thanks to my aunt's melanoma scare this summer, and e) when I was sick I spent more time up at night than in the day.

But seriously, I love to read so much that my mother takes away books to punish me the same way she confiscates my brother's video games, and I'm officially a sick kid. Thanks to a syndrome most easily explained as random and intense mysterious abdominal pain (really, really bad stomach aches that painkillers are unable to deal with) I missed two months of school and spent most of my summer in bed. Wheee!

It's weird, being sick so often and much that it's as much a part of me as the scar on my head or my fingernails. I can hardly remember a time when my introductions didn't include "excuse the limp/shudder/fainting/little beeping monitor that follows me around, it's because I'm ill." So folks, that's me- aspiring writer, amateur weaver, and hillariously sick high school student.

-Mirasella

----
If you don't laugh you must weep- proverb

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am
avorpianikness! says...

Hey Mirasella!

I'm Avorpianikness!

Vampires are awesome! I used to be inhumanly pale when I was younger, and my parents thought I was dying, but I survived! I'm the same way: My mother hides my books when I've disobeyed her, which usually involves going outside at night and sitting in a tree.

Sorry about your abdominal pains, it must be annoying. A friend of mine has CHS (Chronic Headache Syndrome) so she has to take pills all the time and faints often.

What kind of stories do you like to write? Are you going back to school soon?

Nice to meet you, and feel better! :)

-- Avorpianikness
"Imagination was given to a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

"Life is a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:14 am
WaterVyper says...

Nice to meet you Mirasella! Abdominal pain must really suck. I know what you mean by pale. I'm the palest one in my family, except that I've gotten tanned a bit from spending too much time outside. Even then, I'm still paler than anybody else.

Since you were a member before, explaining the rules seems a bit unnecessary. Hiding books for punishment? That's harsh. My mom never got around to doing that, though she hides my USB that has all of my stories in it. That's mean.

And with getting sick... Whenever I go to a foreign country, I always get a cold/fever for my first couple of days. I've been keeping a record ever since I found out. My longest so far is a week and three days when I was off to Egypt. Wind was way too cold for my liking.

Anyway, what do you like to write? Read? Who are your favorite authors? What are your other hobbies besides writing? Well, I think I overdid it with the questions. See you around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:37 am
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS.

since the other two didn't mention the two most important rules to you, i will and they are:

1) try to maintain a 2:1 ratio for posting and reviewing.
2) avoid chatspeak at any cost. some abberation are okay, not all.

so you really like books? my mother would never tale away books from me, because she loves reading as much as i do.

What is your favorite book? and who is your favorite author?

what genre of write do you do?

weel if you never need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 am
View Likes
Meep(: says...

Hi Mirasella!
That's an awesome name :D
Oh gosh, I hope you'll get better.
Is it a permanent illness or it'll go away with time?

Anyway, Night Mistress has explained the rules for you, but I'll elaborate of the 2:1 ratio rule.
For every 1 piece of work you post, you have to review 2 pieces of work done by someone else.
It helps keep the balance in the forums :)

So, what kind of stories do you like to write?
Oh, and feel free to PM me for anything, including for a review or friendship!
And welcome to the YWS family :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Ha, if someone were to try and take away my books, I would just retaliate by stealing from their books or by spending a lot of time at the library "studying."

Your illness sounds pretty interesting. Like the sort of thing you'd find on an episode of "House." Maybe you like medical stories?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 am
Demeter says...

Hi, Mirasella!

Nice to meet you! Seeing as you have been a member before, I suppose you know how everything works out, yes?

I'm sorry about your illness :( That must really suck. Hopefully you'll get better...

Well, it's good to have you here. You can PM me anytime, like if you need a review or have questions or just want to talk. I'll be there!

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:10 am
Sare Agama says...

Hey Mirasella. I love that name; it reminds me of my best friend Marissa.

When you stay home, you can go on YWS even more! Seriously though, if you keep missing school so much, they might keep you back. My suggestion is homeschool. I'm not saying I'm a know- it- all, or that you should listen to an eleven year old, but I know what it's like to be seriously ill. I often get headaches that make me dizzy and almost fall down. The dizziness doesn't last too long, but the headaches do, and they are excruciating. Once, I got tortacaullus (not sure how to spell it* and had to be pulled out of school early. In case you don't know, *and there's nothing wrong with it* tortacallus is a neck spasm. Your neck basically locks up and it hurts to move it at all. I'm also the palest in the family.

I ramble on a lot. >< If I try reading to help me fall asleep and my dad catches me, it's good-bye book. He hides it somewhere, so I can get it in the morning, but sometimes I don't find it for days.

Nice to meet you anyway! *waves* :smt006 :smt039

-Sarah
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Grrr, I'm late.

Oh yeah, that hurts. I would suggest homeschooling. One of the reasons I'm homeschool is an illness I got a while back.

Anyway, welcome to YWS!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 am
LilyJamey says...

Ello there, Mirasella! I'm Lily.

Everyone beat me to the rules. Darn it.

Sometimes people call me a vampire because a) I hate hate hate garlic, b) I'm photosensitive (direct too bright sunlight gives me migraines) c) my canines came in all wrong d) I'm ridiculously pale thanks to my aunt's melanoma scare this summer, and e) when I was sick I spent more time up at night than in the day.

I know the feeling. I'm an official garlic hater, I get sick from too much sunlight, my teeth only look okay when I show the front four, and I'm a nocturnal type. I hate mornings.
I used to be pretty pale too, but swimming and a big dose of marching drills under the afternoon sun cured that. I'm at least 10 tones darker now - so tan, you won't believe I'm Chinese.

But enough about me. What kind of stuff do you like to write? And what other hobbies do you have, besides writing and reading?

If you write anything, don't hesitate to PM me for a critique. Just remember to do 2 critiques on others' work first, yeah?

Have fun on the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:35 am
Reuben A says...

Elooooo Mirasella! Sorry about your illness. :cry: I can't imagine it. anyway, before you post anything, read the rules and guidlines: rules.php

10 fings about the site:

1. Nate is the all mighty creator. Of the site.
2. Squills is a YWS magazine
3. if you are in desperate need for reviews -not that you will ever be - go to 'Will review for food: viewforum.php?f=188
4. If you don't know where to post something, like a game, put it in Randomness: viewforum.php?f=39
5.User-groups are great, join one. (Click on a user group, and there'll be a table on the top of the screen, click join group.)
6. If someone's name is writen in a couler - exept black - He/she's a YWS staff member:
Blue - Greeter
Purple - instructor
Light green - Junior moderator
Green - Moderator
Orange - Distinguished Members
Red - Administrators
7. This is the greatest site in the world.
8. if you don't know where to post something, and it's literature, post it in Other, or Other fiction, or Other poetry.
Other: forum26.html
Other Fiction: forum5.html
Other Poetry: forum17.html
9. Big Brother is a moderator group - I think.
10. Enjoy it or leave...*shadow falls on face*

PM me if you need anything. Good-luck with your Syndrome, what's it's name?

~Luben
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:52 pm
Roo says...

Hi hi Mirasella!
That name is class, truly! I'm Roo, nice to meet ya! Actually only joined a week or so ago myself so there ya go! But thought i'd be friendly.

Let me know if you want me to review any works of art lol, or just pm me for a chat!
Talk soon,
R. :)
Hangin' all her hopes on the stars...

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell