z

Young Writers Society

Avorpianikness!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm a fantasy author through and through. Most of my reviews will be found in the Fantasy Fiction forum or Other Fiction, but I'm starting to branch out into poetry. Fantasy is my one writing love though.

Mitosis is very cool to learn about! And then there's Meiosis as well.... Try keeping them strait on a test! Right now I'm taking chemistry.

Randomocity is needed sometimes, if you ask me. It helps keep me sane.

^ A bit of an oxymoron, but true in my case.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:08 am
avorpianikness! says...

^_^ I like the smiley too! Thank you for the appreciation, I try! Nice to meet you Haruno Sakura! I'm assuming that you're a Naruto fan?

Knife throwing is a fun sport, Reuben/Luben! And archery. And scissor-attacking. I recommend a duel to the death with scissors. Very entertaining. As long as you don't lose. What? Why would I leave? So many innocent minds to corrupt and manipulate with my vileness....

Ah! I don't understand mitosis or meiosis at all. And I have a test on it that's expiring... How dreadful. Ah, I thought you'd be a fantasy writer, what with the unicorn. Who are some of your favourite authors? Favourite books?
Here is an index of science that my science teacher explained to me:
Psychology = Biology = Chemistry = Physics = Math.
Randomocity... Your cleverness astounds me! Sanity... I lost that a long time ago. One of my better decisions! The truth is in the oxymoron! But that might not make sense. Oh well! :D
"Imagination was given to a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

"Life is a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:52 pm
Demeter says...

Oh, by the drama/theatre/language lover club thingy I just meant that I love them, too :D Sorry to confuse you. But we can always start a club like that ;)

The truth is in the oxymoron. That sounds like a motto. I don't know what oxymoron means, though, since English isn't my first language... Hopefully I'll find that out some day! :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 pm
Snoink says...

Maybe you just don't like scissors? ;)

I'm Grif's sister! More precisely, I'm his TWIN sister. Scary, isn't it? And Big Brother is a moderating group? ZOMG. SOMEBODY SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THIS!

Um... no. Seriously, I'm a part of Big Brother and stuff, so if you need any help whatsoever, I can help you.

Speaking of help!

Mitosis is cell division and meiosis is cell reproduction. The main difference between the two is that meiosis halves the chromatids and creates cells with half the amount of chromosomes it should have. I'm probably not using the proper lingo. *flails*

What do you understand about the two so far?

*is totally not a biochemical engineering geek*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

That's pretty good Snoink! I could use the proper lingo, but I'm afraid I'll just confuse you more!

Tamora Pierce is my all-time favourite (can Not pick a favourite book) and I love Eragon. Do. Not. Flame. Me for that.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm
avorpianikness! says...

We should start a drama/theatre/language lover club, Demeter! An oxymoron is basically when contradictory terms are combined, like 'a deafening silence.' (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) I just realized! Your name is a Greek Goddess, correct? The mother of Persephone? Nature, flowers, and the outdoors? What genre do you write?

Snoink! I love scissors! I just wouldn't enjoy losing a duel to the death when fighting with scissors. :D TWINS? Spectacular! Indeed, it is scary! Do you have secret telepathic twin powers?
ZOMG? I don't know what that stands for, but I know what OMGZ stand for: Oh My Giggling Zebras!

Mitosis is asexual reproduction; it requires only one parent. Mitosis consists of Interphase, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase, and then the process repeats.

Meiosis is sexual reproduction; it requires two parents. Meisosis consists of Interphase I, Prophase I, Metaphase I, Anaphase I, Telophase I, Interphase II, Prophase II, Metaphase II, Anaphase II, and Telophase II. At the end of meiosis, four daughter cells are produced. Meiosis results in variation, while mitosis does not.

I think that that's correct, but I may be wrong.

Snoink, what genre do you write?
"Imagination was given to a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

I think I'll cut your name to "avor"

I asked the same question! It's a character in the musical Cats.

7 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:24 pm
avorpianikness! says...

I've heard of Tamora Pierce, but I've never read any of her books. Eragon? I. Shall. Not. Flame. You. For. That. I am indifferent to Eragon.

Zomg... What a strange name for a cat, but it is original!

You can call me Alex, if it makes things easier for you, Rosey! :D

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

Her work is amazing.

This is getting a tad long. Maybe it should switch to guestbooks?

Alex it is! Is that short for Alexandra or Alexa? (feel free to answer me on my guestbook. The way it works is you post on mine, I post on yours. Get it?)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:31 am
Snoink says...

I write mainly science fiction, fantasy, and really crappy poetry. ^^ If you go through my profile, unfortunately, you'll find more of the latter. :P

Mitosis is used for asexual reproduction, but you should note that it's going on continuously in your body as we speak. Exciting!

And ZOMG totally stands for Ze Oragatang of Meiotic Glue. DUH. Don't they teach that in your class? :P

Telepathic twin powers... we both understand ridiculously high levels of math. As in, calculus is ridiculously easy stuff. Does that count? XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:02 pm
Demeter says...

We should start a drama/theatre/language lover club, Demeter! An oxymoron is basically when contradictory terms are combined, like 'a deafening silence.' (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) I just realized! Your name is a Greek Goddess, correct? The mother of Persephone? Nature, flowers, and the outdoors? What genre do you write?

Actually Rosey meant that 'Demeter' is a character in Cats, not 'ZOMG'. :D So yeah. But it's also a goddess and that's very cool! I write mainly poetry and realistic fiction.

And thanks for explaining the oxymoron thingy. :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 2
Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:45 pm
~apocalypse~ says...

Hi, I'm kind of late, again. I can never seem to be on time for Welcome threads. Ever. No matter where.

Anyhow, I can't really say "Welcome" when you joined before me, but welcome anyway! You seem to be of a good personality - randomness is alway key to that! I have a similar problem with scissors. I have a million orange scissors, but I prefer grey ones. I don't really care as much though. Or think about it too much, as you appear to. :P

I might have overlooked it in your post(s), but would you happen to be an Oscar Wilde fan? I noticed you have one of his quote in your signature, particularly one of them that I am quite fond of. Ah well, I won't assume because you know what they say about assuming? It only makes a - never mind. :P

Anyway, welcome! If you need a review, or something, give me a PM!
"Life is too important to be taken seriously!"
- Oscar Wilde

7 Reviews

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:20 am
avorpianikness! says...

And ZOMG totally stands for Ze Oragatang of Meiotic Glue. DUH

Haha, I'll be sure to put that on my test! :D

You UNDERSTAND math? That's insanely impressive. I do not lie when I say that I can't divide. I actually can't. 'Does not compute,' and such.

What? I knew that she meant Demeter the cat, not Zomg... *The lie detector is beeping.* Zomg would be a beautiful name for a cat, though. Ahh! Everyone writes poetry! I can't write poetry to save my life. You're welcome, but I have to give credit to the dictionary. What a lovely invention.

Ah, nice to meet you ~apocalypse~! Randomness is the greatest thing in the world. Thinking about scissors is how I spend my days! That and staring at walls. More specifically, mauve walls. I've come to realize that I want to discover a new type of mauve.

Oh My Giggling Zebras! An anti-assumptionist! What a delight! I'm against assuming things as well, because then there is a chance to be wrong, or worse... Misunderstood. How horrible! Oh my, enough rambling.

I don't know enough about Oscar Wilde to claim fan-ship, but I love his quotes and I loved The Picture of Dorian Gray. He's quite talented.

I'll be sure to [s]hunt you down with a harpoon gun [/s] ask for a review! ~apocalypse~, what genre do you write? Your favourite books/authors?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:42 am
Meep(: says...

Woah. I don't think there's any space for me to ask you about yourself anymore.
Basically reading this entire thread tells me more than I would have asked.
Well, even though I'm extremely late, I'll say it anyway:
Welcome to the YWS family!!! :D
I'm Meep! A Greeter, like Night Mistress.
Nice to meet ya!
Feel free to PM whenever you feel like it,
Even if its to talk about random stuff.
We can be random together! :D

I'll see you around then!
*runs off before Avor (I'll call you that) becomes hostile*
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 am
kittykat says...

Whoa. Late. Really. This sucks.

Oh wells! Hi, Avorpianikness! :D

Since everything else has been asked I'm just gonna say welcome and all that jazz. You sound like one of my friends, but I know you're not her. ...or do I? No, you're not. Wait. No. You're in Canada, and she's in a Mario Game right now. Okay, now I know the difference! ^^

Need anything? PM me!

- kittkat
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh