z

Young Writers Society

Avorpianikness!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:05 am
avorpianikness! says...

Hi, I'm Avorpianikness!

(But you can call me [s]Alex[/s], though I'd prefer if you didn't, but I rarely get things that I want in life, yet I always seem to triumph eventually, except when I don't, because then I don't).

Random List:

I like blue scissors and I hate yellow scissors. Which is odd, because I do not have any blue scissors, only yellow ones.
    I like black cats.
    I like paper.
    I like shiny things.
    I like the word 'mauve.'

I love to ramble, as you may have noticed. Hm, I don't think that I made that list properly. It probably looks like sore-ridden intestines.

WELCOME TO MAUVELAND!!

My interests:

Reading, writing, drama, theatre, languages (especially Latin, but I'm still illiterate in English, which could pose a problem) exploring, wandering aimlessly, and archery.

Other uninteresting facts about myself:

I'm Canadian; fourteen; in Grade 9.

I pretend to possess intelligence, but I do not.

I create too many run-on sentences for my own good.

I go to a self-directed learning school, which means that I take all eight courses at the same time, and instead of having scheduled classes, there are resource areas throughout the school where you go to work, and where you encounter your teachers on their floor time. This creates a fun pastime: Hall-Walking! As long as you don't get caught by the Hall Monitors (scary) you can spend the entire day walking down the halls, without ever stepping foot into a classroom. However, the teachers don't teach anything, so everyone fails tests and exams. Splendid!

I haven't yet decided on my favourite author/books, as I feel I should read every book in existence before I make such a bold move. I'm open to any suggestions for books or authors if you have any.

I'm schadenfreude and vile. I have been known to utter threats to stab my enemies with forks, and have been accused of plotting world domination (by my friends) and of being homicidal (by my Grade 6 teacher).

There's enough of my ramblings. TALK TO ME! But only if you want, its not like I'm putting peer pressure on you. [s]OR A KNIFE ON YOUR THROAT[/s]. Oh dear, that didn't sound too good.

Oh, yes. My name. What does it mean? I don't know. It's a word I created once upon a dreary day, and its meaning and how I came up with it change daily.

Thanks for reading,

--Avopianikness
"Imagination was given to a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

"Life is a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:17 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Avo! Well, randomness is certainly fun. It gets the [s]creative juices flowing.[/s] That didn't sound good either. Anyway, welcome to the forums! There are two main rules you have to follow while you're here:

1. Keep the 2:1 rule. That means that for every piece of work that you post, you have to review two works in return. That makes people more inclined to review your own work, and it's helpful!

2. No chatspeak. Here on YWS, proper grammar and spelling is greatly appreciated. Of course, some abbreviations might be encountered, such as btw or MC (main character).

Well, that's it for the rules. You like black cats and shiny things too? At least I know I'm not alone in this world. Making up words is fun, don't you agree? What do you like to write? And archery? That's cool. I can't use a bow and arrow, since everything tends to fly the wrong direction. I prefer knife throwing much better.

And your school sounds very lax. How long have you studied there?

Well, I think that's it. Have fun and PM me if you need any help!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

7 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 am
avorpianikness! says...

Nice to meet you WaterVyper!

I love your name. Very vile, poisonous, and sneaky sounding!

I detest rules, but I suppose I shall concede to them. The 2:1 rule is simple enough, but my grammar and spelling are atrocious, though I will try.

I agree, making up words is fun! :) I like to write everything. If I ever get an idea that I like (which is rarely) then I shall write it! I love archery, and I'm pretty good. My father gave me my first bow when I was five, and I've taken classes since then. I could never go hunting, though. I love animals. Knife throwing! Very effective, I must admit!

My school sounds lax, but its actually a very serious academic school. Due to its setup and style, its possible to finish all of the courses for Grades 9 and 10 in one year, and even possible to graduate in Grade 11 or 10. But, it is fun. I've been there since September, but my elementary school was extremely close to my high school, so I had been there several times already, and was already familiar to the style.

I'll be sure to ask any questions I have!
"Imagination was given to a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

122 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 am
WaterVyper says...

I'm still in eighth grade. *sticks tongue out at avorpianikness* My school is an IB world school which means we use the weird MYP grading system. It's really confusing. What are your favorite subjects at school? I like Language A-English, Humanities, and Reading and Writing Workshop.

So, how do like YWS so far?
There once was a cat.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:41 am
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS.

I'm in college. Aren't i lucky?

As you can see i am a different color? Blue is a Greeter and my job is to make you feel welcome. ligh green and dark green are jr. mods and mods. purple are the instructors. Red are the amins (nate and others). Orange are the distingished member of YWS.

So what type of books do you like and what type of genre are you planning to write here at YWS?

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:31 am
Griffinkeeper says...

HI!!!!!

I'm [s]Grif[/s] AWESOME!

Welcome to YWS!

I'm sorry, but I'm just in a super-exclamation-marky mood.

!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm glad that's out of my system.

Your school sounds awesome. I was homeschooled, which is kind of like self directed study, except there is no school halls to wander around in. It works out though, since the hours are infinitely flexible.

What sort of stuff do you like to write? Do you have any that you would like people reading this to critique?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 am
Demeter says...

Hey there, [s]Alex[/s] Avorpianikness!! (no way I'll type that out everytime)

I had to put two exclamation marks; one for your username, one to point out the end of the sentence. Normally, I think two exclamation marks in a row looks rather horrible, but maybe, just for this once, I can close my eyes.

So. You sound like lots of fun. Me, I prefer green scissors, though. I'm left-handed, and almost all the left-handed scissors in my country are green. Funny, isn't it? Normal scissors are usually orange. Sometimes I've seen red, yellow and even purple scissors, but that's not very often. Though I do own a couple of red scissors.

I also have a black cat with brown highlights, and a grey cat with white paws. Interesting, huh?

Drama/theatre/language lover, eh? Join the club!

Well, I hope you have a blast here, and PM me on anything anytime. I'll be glad to help you out.

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:48 am
Sare Agama says...

Hi! Glad to meet an archery fan at last! I had a patch of woods behind my house; we *my brothers and I* would go back there and shoot. A couple of times, we det up an old milk jug to shoot at. You aren't the only one who rambles on a lot! :lol:

Black cats!! I have three. and another that is black and white! Obviously, you aren't superstitious, like I'm not. *knock on wood* XD Just kidding.

Nice to meet you, avorpianikness! Love your Avatar, by the way. I'm an animnal freak. :wink:

-Sarah
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

White tigers are my favourite cat ever!!!!

Ahem, yes, randomness. We are all a little nuts here.

With your grade-finishing abilities you sound homeschooled! I'm technically in grade 11, but some stuff I'm in grade 12+.

Canadian, eh? Couldn't resist that one. I'm Canadian too, as are several people on here.

Hiya and welcome to YWS!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:42 am
avorpianikness! says...

Nice to meet everyone!
WaterVyper, Night Mistress, Griffinkeeper, Demeter, ClimberSquirrel, Rosey Unicorn.... I LOVE YOUR NAMES! I shall hunt all of you down and attack you with a harpoon gun. Why? To show my affection!

To answer your questions:

Nice to talk to you again, WaterVyper! My favourite subjects are English, Drama, and French. I really like YWS, everyone is nice, it scares me. [s]Perhaps I will find accomplices to rule the world.[/s] I should stop thinking out loud.

Night Mistress! How dark. Cunning, even. Dark and cunning. That's... vile. Awesome! College? You are lucky! I don't think I'll pass high school, but I think that I can blame the education system for boring me with useless things. Thanks for the legend of colours, by the way.

Nice to meet you Grif!!! Homeschooling would have been my choice if I hadn't discovered my high school and all of its evilness! I'm personally in a slightly crazy and stressed mood, but that's because school started and I did no work over the break.

Thanks for closing your eyes, Demeter! Scissors should come in every colour. That way, there could be a colour-code system! That would be fun! Multi-coloured cats? Spectacularly interesting! My aunt has a golden retriever-German shepherd, and it has a black spot on its forehead, and one white nail, the second on its left hind leg! (Don't ask me how I remember that). There's a drama/theatre/language lover club? Where?! :shock:

An archery fan? One that is both a squirrel and a climber? Now, that's unusual! Three black cats and a half? That's three and a half more than I have! I am envious! Thanks, I'm a tad crazy about animals myself.

Rosey Unicorn! I love how you spelt is 'Rosey' instead of 'Rosie.' Such creativity! White tigers rule! Randomness and a loss of sanity? Perfect! I was never home schooled, unfortunately. A fellow Canadian! Excellent, hunting you down to recruit you to my plan of world domination will be easier.

I'm starting YWS with a clean slate, so I'll be writing new stories whenever I have time. My school takes up too much time to be legal. :evil: I like all types of books, and I write in all types of genres. I know, very vague. But I am very vague! And so is life!

122 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:18 am
WaterVyper says...

School always takes up ten hours too much. Well, including after school activities and homework. Do you join any clubs in your community? I've been wanting to join the book club in school but it's the same time as my Mandarin class. Blech.

Life is not vague. Life is insanity. Especially if you're a writer. Do you have any favorite color of pencils? I like blue and purple ones.
There once was a cat.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

Click on the Groups button in the header. There you'll find a list of groups you can join. Just hit "Join Group" in the info box and usually that's all it takes! Sometimes you need to wait a little for the group mod to approve you, but not often.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:07 am
avorpianikness! says...

I've joined two book clubs, the poetry and music club, and the school newspaper.

Life is vague insanity! My favourite colour of pencils would be indigo, mauve, and black and white. Both zebras and white tigers are black and white!

Do you like mitosis? The [s]death [/s] birth of cells? Or staplers? Or circles? What genre do you write?

Thanks for the information on groups, Rosey! What genre do you write?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Mitosis... we learned about it last year.

Very interesting to watch and it's a fun word!

^_^ <---- I love that smiley!

Yay, avorpianikness!, you are random!
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 am
Reuben A says...

Elooo Avorpianikness!
The featured member is chosen by Incandescence every two weeks. In determining the featured member, a number of factors are taken into account. Of these, the most important is how many points, which you earn by reviewing, a person holds. Also taken into account is how helpful you have been to other members and how active you have been in the Literary forums.

Knife throwing! Very effective,

Wonder how you found that out...*throws a glance at closest escape root*

10 pings about the site:

1. Nate is the all mighty creator. Of the site.
2. Squills is a YWS magazine
3. if you are in desperate need for reviews -not that you will ever be - go to 'Will review for food: viewforum.php?f=188
4. If you don't know where to post something, like a game, put it in Randomness: viewforum.php?f=39
5.The featured member is chosen by Incandescence every two weeks and is on the index.
6. If someone's name is writen in a couler - exept black - He/she's a YWS staff member:
Blue - Greeter
Purple - instructor
Light green - Junior moderator
Green - Moderator
Orange - Distinguished Members
Red - Administrators
7. This is the greatest site in the world.
8. if you don't know where to post something, and it's literature, post it in Other, or Other fiction, or Other poetry.
Other: forum26.html
Other Fiction: forum5.html
Other Poetry: forum17.html
9. Big Brother is a moderator group - I think.
10. Enjoy it or leave...*shadow falls on face*

PM me if you need anything.

~Luben
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314