z

Young Writers Society

Welcome

Reviews: 4
Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:39 pm
Vera says...

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

Hello everyone! I'm forteen, somewhat of an writer, and I'm in Advanced English in High School.
Going to try to submit some writing to be critiqued soon, but don't have much other then junk stories on this computer...And will go type something for my profile.

Hi again! And bye!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Before you start posting like mad, you should know about our 2:1 ratio rule. It's asked you review two works for every one you put up. So, review first, post later. It's asked you always keep that ratio.

The other major rule we have is no chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, and you can speak how your characters do, just don't overdo it.

Advanced English, eh? Liking it? Planing on doing something with it?

So, questions: Who are your favourite authors? Favourtie books? Genres? Any hobbies besides writing?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:54 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS.

advanced english? so you are a smart cookie. I am average even thought i am in college.

I have the same questions as Rosey, but tack one more on the end: What genre do you write or planned on write while stay here?

I am a romance fiction, but i am also starting to write a fantasy work.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:23 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Vera! Advanced English? Wow, I don't think that I'll be able to make it. Everyone already asked the questions that I want to ask, so I don't have much to add. Well, better explain the colors.

Light blue: They're the Greeters. They're supposed to be the first people you see who will help you answer questions, like Rosey and Night Mistress up there.

Purple: They're Instructors. If you want reviews, then you should go to them.

Light Green: Junior moderators. They'll help you out with questions too.

Green: Moderators

Red: Administrators

Well, that's basically it. Have fun on YWS and feel free to PM me if you need any help.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:47 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Don't forget the Orange Colored Members.

Orange stands for Oranges. You see, YWS has this collective of Orange Farmers, (which are called Big-O farmers.)

Anywho, the Big-O farmers started growing these Oranges, when suddenly the flying monkeys came down and started eating the oranges. So, the Big-O farmers started growing bananas. But that just brought more monkies!

Things were looking bad, until the Big-O farmers started growing rutabagas. After they did that, nobody bothered them.

Want a rutabaga?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:17 am
Demeter says...

Hi Vera,

welcome! I'm Demeter, one of the Instructors, as you can see. Nice to meet you!

I like your avatar, by the way. :D

Well, the rules have been explained, so I won't be going there now, it would only bore you. :D Rosey asked good questions, but not these, so I'll ask them instead!

Do you prefer coffee over tea? Are you a cat person or a dog person? Summer or winter? Blue or red?

And so on. Haha.

Have fun, and I'm here to PM to if you ever need anything at all!

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Blink says...

Hello ^^

You sound interesting; post something and let me review it. =) Just drop me a line and I'd be happy to have a look. You can call me Blinky or Blink or Mark, whichever floats your boat.

What types of stuff are into? I'll read classical fantasy, myself, and generally anything that looks good. How long have you been writing for?

I guess there's not a lot more that I can say, other than Welcome to the Young Writers Society! And see you about, eh? :wink:

-Blinky
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:Don't forget the Orange Colored Members.

Orange stands for Oranges. You see, YWS has this collective of Orange Farmers, (which are called Big-O farmers.)

Anywho, the Big-O farmers started growing these Oranges, when suddenly the flying monkeys came down and started eating the oranges. So, the Big-O farmers started growing bananas. But that just brought more monkies!

Things were looking bad, until the Big-O farmers started growing rutabagas. After they did that, nobody bothered them.

Want a rutabaga?

To clear up any confusion this might have caused, Orange members are those that aren't very active on YWS, but have made their mark on the site. You could call them Retired Mods. Firestarter is a retired admin, however.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:19 am
Griffinkeeper says...

You could call us retired mods, but we're actually known as "Distinguished Members."

Think of us as those legendary wrestlers from fake wrestling.

We keep saying "we're retired" and "we don't moderate/administer anymore." But every now and then we get called out by some snotty punk wrestler and they challenge us to a match. At first we say no, but then they smash a 'steel' chair against our foreheads, and then we say "It's on."

So occasionally we go back to being Mods or Admins for a few months. Then we win the wrestling match and go back to being DM's.

It's a glamorous lifestyle, if you like steel chairs.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:08 pm
Reuben A says...

Elloooooo Vera. Before you post anything, check out the rules and regulations: rules.php

10 things about the site:

1. Nate is the all mighty creator. Of the site.
2. This is the greatest site in the world.
3. if you are in desperate need for reviews -not that you will ever be - go to 'Will review for food: viewforum.php?f=188
4. If you don't know where to post something, like a game, put it in Randomness: viewforum.php?f=39
5. Big Brother is a moderator group - I think.
6.if you don't know where to post something, and it's literature, post it in Other, or Other fiction, or Other poetry.
Other: forum26.html
Other Fiction: forum5.html
Other Poetry: forum17.html
7. User-groups are great, join one. (Click on a user group, and there'll be a table on the top of the screen, click join group.)
8. Squills is a YWS magazine
9. Smilies are great.
10. Enjoy it or leave...*shadow falls on face*

PM me if you need anything.

~Luben
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:23 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hello there! Welcome to the insane asylum... I mean YWS!
I see that the basics have been taken care of so...
You're in advanced in Lit, as a freshman in high school. I can see that you're 14 too. I was also young for a freshman.
I'm taking AP lit. right now. I want to be a lit teacher.
SO who is your favorite author? I know that I have several. :)
I cant wait to see what you post. Pm me if you need any help or have questions. See ya round the site!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis