z

Young Writers Society

Hola everyone!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:46 am
Roo says...

Hey guys, I'm Roo- obviously- I guess this is introduction time huh? I study anthropology and history at Queen's Uni but when I can I love to just write! One problem I have though, often I start on a really good roll, then...I fizzle out a little. Maybe you guys'll give me some inspiration lol! Anyways, that's a little bout me, looking forward to meetin ya. :)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:53 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey, Roo.

Welcome to the YWS. I have two rules to talk to you with before we have a chat.

1) Try to maintain the 2:1 ratio for posting and review work.
2) no chat speak is allow here. some abberation are okay but not all.

So you seem to be in college, that's cool. I am in college too, study Computer Science. I think it's neat that you studing History.

So what tyep of genre to you write? I mostly write romance fiction, but i am dapping into the fantasy genre. and What are your favorite books and who is your favorites author?

Well, i hope you see your work around and if you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:32 am
Meshugenah says...

Zomg, anthro is fun! Do you concentrate in any field of anthropology? I've been debating a double major in anthro, actually! Which will probably turn in to a minor, since I lack the dedication to do two subjects and still graduate in four years. (and I debated history for a while, until I met the history department at my school ^^ Thus, you are awesome)

And I hear you on fizzing out! I'll either hit about the 20k mark or so and then die, or something dies withint 2k. What about you? What genre do you write in? Heck, what do you read (other than stuff for class!).

Right, anyhoo! Hi, Roo! Welcome to the insanity that is YWS! I'm Mesh! And I think I'm abusing exclamation points! If you need any help, or want to talk, just drop me a line!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Roo! Great to see you around here. I know what you mean by fizzle out. It's kind of frustrating (well, actually a lot frustrating). I usually get an idea and let it die somewhere between 5 000 and 10 000 words.

How do you like your life in university? I hear that it's very demanding. I'm always available for anything needed, so go ahead and ask. Aside from writing, do you have any other hobbies? I'm pretty sure there's a group for almost anything, so you can check under the 'Group' button up there.

See you around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:08 am
God says...

Welcome to YWS Roo, I am God,
if you have issues with that name, you can either call me somehting else, or whatever, i'm not too big on my name.
I am not an authority figure, in fact, I am somewhat of an Anti-authority, Viva La Revolucion!
so, who ARE you? what do you DO?
So. I Lose The Game!
you don't want to know.
hmmm.. you have a life, yes? you breathe? you see, you feel the earth beneath your feet?
need you any more inspiration?
take inspiration from your life. make it a work of art.

you already know the rules, I see, so I will not go into that,
I am severely A.D.D. so i may be a bit... scattered...

What is it like where you are from?

Peace.
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:53 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Roo!
welcome to the YWS family!
You want to study to be an anthropologist?
Well good luck with that!

What's Northern Ireland like?
I'm really curious :D

Oh, and feel free to PM for anything you want.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 am
LilyJamey says...

Heylo, Roo, and welcome to our wacky site! I'm Lily. How d'ye do?

I know what you mean by fizzle out. I must've started 8 stories by now, all of which never made it past Chapter 5.

Anthropology? When I read that, it made me think of a Gary Larson cartoon where a man in a grass skirt and anklets is shouting, "Anthropologists!" and everyone is hiding TVs and VCRs. Sounds cool. The subject, I mean.

I see you're British. I have a friend from Northern Ireland too, but her dad moved here because of her mom. So, what other hobbies do you have, besides writing?

Hope you have fun. Don't hesitate to call on me if you need anything! ;)

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Darn! Everybody beat me here!

History? Cool! their's a usergroup on here (found under the Groups button in the header) called History Lovers. Check it out, and a bunch of other groups on here.

Welcome to YWS!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:00 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Roo~

Hey! Welcome. Welcome. Welcome!! :D

So you study history, huh? What time period or era are you studying?

Oh my goodness! I have that same problem. Once I start something, that I'm all happy about, all my inspiration seems to be lost. It drives me crazy. :x But, when you're here, you seem to gain the inspiration back.

Well, it was nice to know a little about you. If you ever wanna chat, you a free to do so. See you around.

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:49 am
Rydia says...

*Stabs Mesh*

Uh... hi there, I totally didn't just stab out junior admin XD Hello and welcome to the asylum, I'm sure you'll fit right in and yay for history lovers! I studied it at college level though I'm afraid I have since turned traitor and gone down the law route ^^

It's good to meet you =) If you're needing a review, have questions or would like to chat then send a pm my way. I don't bite, promise. And I rarely stab people.

But until then, enjoy finding your way around the site and I hope to see you around some place,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:39 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Roo!

Your username is so cute ;) I'm Demeter, nice to meet you.

Don't be afraid to PM me if you need anything!

Have fun :D

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:59 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Roo! I study History at Nottingham Uni and also share your problem of fizzling out in stories.

If you need any help on the site, you can PM me for anything.

Enjoy YWS!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning