z

Young Writers Society

Meh.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:34 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey. I just randomly decided to put one of these up, since everyone seems to be doing it. I'm Emily, and actually 12 years old. I didn't see the younger than thirteen years old button so I clicked the wrong one. *shrug* Anyway, I'm from Indonesia and I like writing, reading, and playing computer games. For computer games, it's pretty much all Artix Entertainment games. I am also interested in the Ancient Greeks and Egyptians, especially their mythology. I hope I get into Elysium when I die.

Anyway, I don't really have much else to say. My favorite authors include Darren Shan, Matthew Reilly, Cornelia Funke, and Kenneth Oppel. I hate shopping, except for books and for jewelry. Books, pretty obvious. I like shopping for jewelry because it's really, really shiny. And most of the time, I don't end up buying anything. I like to Role Play as well as write, and I'm usually available.

I mostly like writing, to use fan-fiction terminology, 'one shots'. I cannot write multi-chapter things, since plot bunnies attack me constantly. Most of my work will be posted in Other Fiction when I put it up. I can't really focus myself in one genre, which is going to be really bad for my Language A-English class. I can't write non-fiction at all. Everything non-fiction I write really, really stinks, which is why I avoid it like the plague.

I like a variety of anime. They include Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Blood+, Jigoku Shoujo, Gauken Alice, and Yakitate Japan!. I think that's all I can say for now. Anywho, feel free to ask me for a critique. I'm always open. Though, I must warn you that I am a grammar freak. I can get very nitpicky. That's it. Oh yeah, about the avatar. Something went wrong while uploading it, so it's stuck like that. And no matter what I do, I can't change it.

P.S. Is it supposed to be P.P.S. or P.S.S.? I can't seem to recall which is it.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:49 pm
Meep(: says...

It's supposed to be P.P.S
*Laughs* I know someone who's obsessed with Matthew Reilly.
Though I do like the Shane Schofield books.
Those were cool :D

Awesome! I have a friend from Bali, Indonesia.
You live there?
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:19 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Awesome! Your from Indonesia? That's so cool! I'm from good ol' USA and I've only been out of the country 3 times (Aruba, Poland, Canada, in that order; Aruba at 4, Poland [the land of my ancestors!] at 5, and Canada last summer). I hate shopping too, except, of course, for books, earrings, and food. And CDs. I am a music addict.
You're only twelve? I don't think I've ever read your work (though I will!) but you've critiqued mine, and I've got to say, you know a lot more about writing than I did a year ago (which when I actually decided I wanted to be a writer: a year ago).
Umm.... So, yeah. Hi.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

122 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:33 am
WaterVyper says...

No, but I've visited Bali a lot of times. I live in Jakarta. I think I've seen the person who's obsessed with him a few times. And yeah, I'm twelve. I'm in eighth grade, which makes it a bit worse. My birthday's in the middle of July, 20th July to be more exact, and that means that I'm always a year younger than I'm supposed to be.

Well, at least I'm not the youngest. I have a classmate also born on 20th July and she was born at 11 pm, while I was born on 8 am. And there are other people who are twelve in my class, though they'll be turning thirteen before the school year is over. So basically, the first classmate I mentioned and I will be the only ones twelve once the holiday ends. That's depressing. Or not.
There once was a cat.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:14 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Oh my god you like Cornelia Funke so do I (Hysterical screaming).... Okay that was totally over the top.

Do you like humor? Adult humor? No not that kind of Adult humor but that kind that is meant for intelligent people? Then I will advise you to read books by Walter Moers, especially 13½ lives of captain bluebear.

Or you can always read books by Jim Butcher (I recommend the dresden files- series)

OH and stuff by me!

**Here take a cookie**

*runs off laughing**
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

122 Reviews

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 pm
WaterVyper says...

Yes, I enjoy the intelligent type of adult humor. My friends don't get it, which is why I don't associate with them much. Wait... that didn't sound right. When I'm in a writing mood, I stay awy from them. When I'm in a reading mood, I can be with them, but they usually distract me. When I have Writer's Block, I keep in touch with them. They say and do crazy stuff, and it helps me with ideas. I've gotten three story ideas from listening to them talk. There was something about a migrating locker, sentient plants, and teleporting in school. Fun.

Uh, and thanks for the cookie...I think. Is it peanut butter?
There once was a cat.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:56 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

You commented on my about the author saying how a like we are, and now I think I'm going aphonic.
Or at the very least into circulatory shock.
(Lol, sorry. I was helping my dad study for his medical exam and got a little too into it.)
Anywhozers,
I absolutely love ancient Egyptians and ancient Greece! When I was homeschooled, my mom and I would spend days just learning about their mythology. I absolutely love it. I also don't like to shop - except for books, not so much jewelery though. I'm not really an accessory girl. I just wear whatever's lieing on my dresser (which is usually my hemp necklace from Tennesse and my flower pendant from Florida).
PM me or add me on msn, if you have it :) my email address is on my profile.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm
Flux says...

Anyway, I don't really have much else to say. My favorite authors include Darren Shan, Matthew Reilly, Cornelia Funke, and Kenneth Oppel.

I love these authors, too! They're a big inspiration for my writing! I also love egypt and greek mythology. I was planning on writing a story to do with a bit of greek mythology. Its creepy that we have so much in common. Okay, actually, that's only a bit....

My friends have weird stuff like your do. The demon hat, the 'Ben' project, Steve, etc,. Me and my friends love talking about writing. One is a writer, and is on here, the other isn't a writer and isn't on here. They help me with characters and such. I can't speak while reading though. They distract me as well!

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:37 pm
LilyJamey says...

Indonesia? I've never been there, but I met some people from there before. At the Johor International Jamboree 9 (a disaster). Somehow, the scouts from Indonesia are usually young children, around 9 to 12.

Of course, this could possibly be because teenage girls from Indonesia would be swarmed by guys from my country (Malaysia).
Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 am
WaterVyper says...

One of my friends is thirteen, and she was asked if she was twenty. Then, there's this guy with a knife, obviously eighteenish, and he asked if she was sixteen. Online, she was even asked if she was married. Creepy...

And you're lucky, LaReina. I don't have any writer friends, so they always don't know what I'm talking about. When they listened to me explain NaNo, they looked at me like I was crazy. Then I told them it was no big deal and I could always skip a few hours of sleep, but that look didn't go away. Nobody my age likes to write in my school... *sniffle*

And yay! I'm a Greeter! *celebrates*
There once was a cat.

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time