z

Young Writers Society

'Ello!

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:25 pm
HalloweenJackie says...

Greetings,
feel free to call me Jackie, or HJ if you'd like but I'd prefer Jackie. :P
I'm from the UK, and I'm twenty years old. I have been into fantasy since as far back as I can remember, and am currently writing an Urban Fantasy with hints of Romance. Other than my writing, I am passionate about art and graphic design. I look forward to meeting you fellow obsessives!

~Jackie~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:32 pm
Rosendorn says...

Another member who uses colour!

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know are:

1- Review two pieces before posting anything of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. Plus, people are a lot more willing to review your stuff if you'v reviewed theirs. :wink:
2- Cut chatspeak. Some abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it. Poke around the boards to find out what abbreviations are used.

Urban fantasy. Very cool! Is it set in our world or another world? I have a modern-world fantasy in the works. Romantic too? Yay! If it doesn't have vampires or werewolves in it (mostly as MCs) then I'll look at it when it's up.

Graphic design is something I dabble in. Mostly my passion is English.

What are your favourite books? Authors? Any hobbies besides writing?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:34 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey, welcome to the family.

so fantasy is your forte. I am starting to dip into that area myself.

i have the same questions as rosey.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
Last edited by Night Mistress on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:35 pm
OverEasy says...

Hey there Jackie!

Welcome to YWS.

You may want to check out the Rules before posting any literary works on here.

Other than that, just have fun, YWS will become addicting but I hear they are working on a 12 step program for that. Somehow I fear that Nate is behind it, and all that's going to happen is you become more addicted. Silly Nate...

Anywhoo there is a lovely chat room! The mods open it up when they are feeling sweet and all of us writers congregate and talk about possibly the most random stuff ever. But it's grand fun. Just always remember that the rules apply in the chat as well as the site, and that not following them could lead to you getting kicked from the chat room! *gasp* I know... I know. ^^

Everyone here is here to help, so just send out a PM if you need anything.

Especially our Mods (green names) seeing as it's their job to help. ^^
Life is for living.

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

And because of a recent purple outbreak some mods are now blue. They are:

Kitty15
Teague
Jabberhut
Alainna

So, purples are Instuctors. Their job is to critique your work very throughly. Blues are Greeters. Our job is to make you feel at home. OverEasy covered Green (Light green is a Jr. Mod, dark green in a Mod) and red are site admins.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 am
Kaylyn says...

Run while you still can. Before you become obsessed. :)
Fantasy is the only thing I can write. I am going to try something new. Eventually. :)
I also love art and graphic design. In fact, one of my options is to become a graphic designer. There is an art and photography forum, if you like to reviews others artwork, or even post your own.
So do you play any sports? Whats your favorite book?
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:25 am
Kyuubi says...

Hola, bonjour, or just plain hello! Welcome to our little clan. Although, 'little' seems to be the total opposite of what YWS really is. So anyway, like Kaylyn said, YWS becomes your soul. It's very addicting but absolutley, positively fun! The rule is simple:

1.) You must post 2 reviews before you post.

So, yeah...I'm pretty interested in what sports are your favorites. If it's soccer, or as they say in Europe, football, then we're golden. If not, well, we'll still be fine. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:53 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi, and welcome! And I agree with midnight, YWS is definitely not little. You're bound to have a lot of fun here, especially if you immerse yourself in the Community forums. Everyone is willing to help, so go ahead and ask.

Ooh, you write romance? Wow. Romance is nearly impossible for me, even though that's one of the side plots for my novel. Oh well. And graphic design? Cool. Aside from writing, I am completely useless in arts. Well, happy writing!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Jackie!
Welcome to the YWS family!
I guess everyone before me has explained all that's needed.
Namely the 2:1 ratio rule and the no chatspeak rule.

I love art too!
I think graphics design has to do with using the computer to create pictures and animation, right?
I'm not so keen in that. The computer hates me.
I look forward to reading your works and PM me whenever you want :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:45 am
Demeter says...

Hi there, Jackie!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter.

Oh, I love British accent. :D

Hopefully you'll have fun around here! PM me whenever you feel like it, okay? (Like when you need a review, or have questions, or just want to chat.) :)

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 pm
HalloweenJackie says...

Cheers for making me feel welcome, and 'Hi' to everyone who has introduced themselves :-)

Rosey, my novel is set between our world and a modern fantasy one, and there is not a vamp or werewolf in sight so far. They're not really my thing, either.

Hmm... well I will read most things but these books haven't failed me yet: the Landover series by Terry Brooks, The Sight by David Clement-Davis, My Thirteen Winter by Samantha Abeel, True To Form by Elisabeth Berg, The Amulet Of Samerkand by Jonathen Stroud, the Narnia series, Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler and The Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness series by Michelle Paver.
As for sports, I am absolutely hopeless with them and only really enjoy archery, shot put, javelin, table tennis and tennis. Football was never my thing, though.
Erm... I've just gone blank so I'll leave it at that.

Is there a place to ask questions about writing? I need tonnes of help and support with this part of my writing.

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

You can post for help in several forums, depending on what you want:

Writing Tips is if you need help with an aspect of writing in general. These range from beginning problems to an addiction to re-writing.

Writer's Corner is for book help. As in working out plot kinks, and seeing if an idea it worth it.

Research is if you want to find out something for the backhistory/world creation. Like what injuries you'd get if you fell off a cliff.

Homework help: Self explanitory.

That world sounds so cool! Let me know when it's up! (Note- You might want to finish your novel before posting it. You're more likely to finish it that way)

Archery huh? I'd like to get into that. My "sports" are dancing, running (barely) and playing at the park in the summer.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling