z

Young Writers Society

Greetings from Daydreams

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm
DestinyIsCalling says...

Hi. I go by DestinyIsCalling online, though you can call me just about anything. Except "Pocket Organizer." I'm so tired of hearing that.

Anyways, I enjoy READING, writing, READING, dancing, READING, acting, READING, and Nutella. :wink: I read alot.

I mostly write fantasy, because I forever am daydreaming...when I shouldn't be. I am Master of Names and World Cartographer of Anything, so I never base two books in the same place. Hope to see you around YWS!

Yours truly,

The Annoying Dictionary
Harry Potter Tracker Freak
Sims2 Ninja
Fierce Librarian
Mischievous Laptop-User
Compulsive Reader
Nutella Addict
Queen of Sheba
And so on
Yes.

I'm one of those Harry Potter people.

Fear us.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two pieces before posing anything of your own. As you keep posting more of your stuff, make sure you keep that 2:1 ration.
2- Cut the chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, you'll see a few on the boards, just don't overdo it. And, cut the caps-lock. It's considred yelling.

Dancing! I love love love to dance. I have a poem about it up in Dramatic Poetry called "Dance."

Fantasy is my life, so a sympathize. I have lost so much sleep thinking about a scene I'm trying to create. What's your style? Dark fantasy? romantic? epic?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:01 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi I am SimonCowellLuver also known as SCL for short because of my name being so long. Welcome to the site I might add! :D If you need help with anything let me know. I also have my own website for writers too. I still need some members and moderatos though. If you are interested let me know!

Thanks SCL :p
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Hi!!!! Okay, the rules have been covered, so no wasting time on that.

It's good that you're a "Master of Names" and "World Cartographer of Anything" because I suck and names and I'm not a good cartographer. I had to use a baby name website to find the perfect names for my main character. Yes, it's true. Yes, I'm ashamed. Yes, I may be asking you for help in the future.

Welcome to YWS and enjoy your stay!
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:12 pm
Night Mistress says...

I love Nutella. it's my favorite.

Hey, welcome to our family.

So you write fantasy? that's cool. i am starting to tip into that genre. I mostly write romance fiction, so i am leaving my comfort zone to experiment a bit.

well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:00 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

What is Nutella? I'm confused.
Anyway, welcome to the fam!
I'm not much of a fantasy buff, but I do like some of it.
Daydreaming is awesome, I tend to do it a lot also.
Haha PM me sometime.
-jade.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:19 pm
Kyuubi says...

Yola and welcome. I know that has been said by everyone, but I like to repeat things over and over. The rules have been gone over, but we can't stress enough of reviewing twice before posting. It's common courtesy, and just nice to the many fine writers :) This is the perfect site and community to finally get your ideas down and have others help you to make them better.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

*gasp*

I love Nutella!

Anyway, welcome to YWS.

I read your story. You have great, great prose.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 pm
Rosendorn says...

Grrr, I am so behind i reviewing. If it doesn't have vampires in it I'll take a look.... eventually.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:17 pm
Night Mistress says...

silverSUNLIGHTx wrote:What is Nutella? I'm confused.

SliverSUNLIGHTx, Nutella is a chocolate, Hazenut spread that you put on bread. It's delicious.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:22 pm
JabberHut says...

Ooh, a Harry Potter person! =D *read signature*

Hi, Daydreams, and welcome to YWS! ^_^

I think I'm in love right now. You really do all that? O: I love, <3, love fantasy, but I struggle writing it. I'm trying to tackle a fantasy novel for the first time. It's going pretty well, considering, but who knows? xD You're your own worst critic!

Ooh! Do you plan to do Broadway in the future? I've considered acting once in a while and quickly trashed the idea afterward. xD I can't act. I can put on a poker face for a decent amount of time (which means "pathetic" in modern terms >_>), but that's about it. Have you written scripts/plays before?

If you're looking to reviews, the Will Review For Food forum is open for requests. Go ahead and post in anyone's thread, and a critique will be on its way! If you need a head start, the purple people are known as Instructors and do very in-depth and amazing reviews. Go ahead and jab one of them. :wink:

Junior Moderators (light green) and Moderators (dark green) are available for assistance if you need it too. If you have any questions about how to get around this huge place, feel free to ask anyone here. I remember it taking ages for me to know the site the way I do now, and there are still dark alleys I have yet to discover!

So, have lots of fun! I'll totally be seeing you around! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:02 am
LilyJamey says...

Hi there! I think I'll call you Tiny. It sounds better than Dest and it's shorter than Destiny.

Anyway, you have stopped at the beautiful place called YWS. Welcome to our wacky family! I'm Lily, as my name so proudly pronounces.

Wow! You're a Harry Potter-reading dictionary! There's a group on our site called the Hogwarts Express for HP fans. I'm part of it. In fact, my username was inspired by - guess whom?

Soooo... tell me... what do you like to read and write? I'm dying for a good short story. If you want me to, I'll review your work when you've done it. Just PM me!

Hope you have fun here!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am
Demeter says...

(But LilyJamey, if you call her "Tiny", she'll have inferiority complex! We don't want that!)

Heh. Welcome to YWS, Destiny!

Hmmm... Pocket Organizer? What's so bad about that? ;)

You seem really cool! I love dancing and acting, too! And, of course, also reading and writing. Oh, and Nutella is lovely, though I eat it only if I'm abroad and there's some Nutella in the buffet of the hotel/place I'm staying. :D Confusing, no?

I do hope you'll enjoy it much here – soon you'll be able to add one more thing to your addiction list. That's YWS.

PM me anytime!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney