z

Young Writers Society

Hi

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:41 am
Raider6392 says...

Hey I'm Michael. I'm 17 and live in a small town. Back in the old days I never liked to read but now I love and appreciate it. Writing is my passion though sometimes I get to carried away in it. I'm not a perfect writer but then again who is? Just know that I'm going to try really hard to come up with the best stories. That's pretty much it with me.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:48 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Michael!
Welcome to the YWS family!
There are two rules that I should point out:
1) Chatspeak is a no-no. You can use abbreviations sometimes, but don't go overboard.
2) We have a 2:1 ratio rule here. For every 1 piece of work you post, you must review 2 others, not done by you. It helps keep the balance.

Anyway, I'm not a perfect writer either!
There is no such thing :)
But that's what YWS is here for,
We help you to improve!

So what type of books do you read and what genre of stories do you like to write?

~Feel free to PM me for anything whatsoever.
I'll see you around! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 am
Scarecrow says...

Hey Michael, I joined about 15 mintes ago so i'm reall new to.

And there is such a thing as a perfect author and his name is Matthew Reilly. Period.
The price of greatness is responsibility - Whinston Chruchill

228 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:04 am

That's merely a biased opinion by you, Scarecrow.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:12 am
Scarecrow says...

Your opinion on my bias opinion is also bias, therefore under the ancient rules of biasism, the person's name beggining with S instantly wins the arguement.

Also how do I add you as a friend :D

Scarecrow
The price of greatness is responsibility - Whinston Chruchill

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:39 am
Miss Slade says...

Hello, Michael! Seeing that you're considerably older than me I probably don't really need to go into detail about the rules of YWS, but I shall anyway! :)

Ewwers! Meep! I scroll up to re-check if anyone had told him the rules or not and I see you have! :(, I so wanted to do it... XD

Anyway, yes. We have a 2:1 ratio and I see Meep has already said what that is. Again I will also say, No chat-speak.

lol and brb are excepted only in chat.

By the way, I'm Miss Slade and I go by, Miss, Slade, Sladie, Salad or Peyton. It's nice having you on the site Michael and welcome to the YWS family! *this place is a mad house! :3*

Best of Wishes,
Slade-doodles! :3
You Cry, I Cry.
You Laugh, I Laugh.
You Jump Off Of A Cliff,
I Laugh... Even Harder.

228 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:46 am

Scarecrow:
That's it, no more mister nice guy. I'm taking you down!!!
Rawr.
Attack, Fluffy the Rottweiler, attack!!!
-----
Miss Slade: Well, it is kind of my job to tell them the rules since I'm a Greeter.
Jus' doin' my job, ma'am.
-----
Michael: I know, they're crazy.
We should leave those two loony people alone.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:24 am
LilyJamey says...

Heh, Meep. You're the one unleashing Fluffy on a new membie.
Talk about loony. But that doesn't matter, we're all crazy here.

Hi Michael. The name's Lily. LilyJamey.
*bursts into laughter*

Seriously, call me Lily. We're all passionate writers here, so feel free to unleash your genius for us to crit. You'll feel right at home. If you write something, don't hesitate to ask me to review it, because I have this New Year resolution to critique all the work I open. As you can see, my review count isn't exactly high. :(

So tell us about yourself! What type of stories do you write? And do you write poetry?

Have fun here.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 am

Michael,
Correction: There are 3 loony people around here now.
We'd better hurry up before they catch up.
I expect more crazy people to turn up.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:49 pm
Night Mistress says...

Michael, we are all crazy here.

Also, take note of the following colours that you see for our usernames,
The normal colour is grey, but there are special colours (For example, I'm blue!)
Orange - Distinguished Members, I guess you can tell what it means by the name.
Red - Administrators, the people you keep our site going. The most important one to note is "Nate", he's the one who built this site. We call him our 'God' sometimes
Dark Green - Moderators, the keep the forums up and running, if you've got any problems, just be polite and go bug one of them and they'll help you where they can.
Light Green - The junior Mods! They're like the mini versions of Mods, but you can also ask them for help.
Purple - The Instructors. If you want a review, go ask them nicely and they'll help you with that They basically help your with your work, from posting it to reviewing it.
Blue - The Greeters, we help make the new people feel welcome in our community! (ex. Me and Meep)
Most questions you have can be answered in our help forums so feel free to look around in there.

so what type of genre of writing to do you do? who is your favorite author? and does music influence your writing?

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yet, things weren't half as crazy before Meep(: started greeting...

Just kidding!

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Yeah, we can be nuts, but under that nuttiness are people who are amazing to help you get better at writing. Interestingly enough, there is a purp (Purple/instructor) called Nutty.

Same questions as Night, with one more: What are your favourite books?

If you need anything, PM me.

PS- Scarecrow- go to a person's profile and click "add as my friend" in the top lefthand corner.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 pm
niccy_v says...

hello Michael.

You're going to have fun here.

What sort of things do you like? There's heaps of places on here for you to brainstorm and work with others to figure out that perfect plot. No rush.

And there is no such thing as a perfect writer. Not even Matt Reiley - I've met him, and he is amazing, but meh, nobody is perfect, scarecrow XD now let's not get overly obsessed with his amazing literary works!
Writing gives my life purpose

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi, Michael. I see you're getting the works here. You're definitely going to have a great time here, and everyone's helpful and nice so don't worry.

Do you have any particular topics that you enjoy writing about? You'll probably find many people sharing your interests, so that's never a problem here. Considering that you are far older than I am, I feel a little awkward speaking like this.

Anyway, feel free to PM me for anything you need to ask! Again, welcome to YWS!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:25 pm
Kyuubi says...

Yola Michael. And welcome to YWS. As you can see from the post before mine, we are NUTS! That is the understatement of the year. Don't let our craziness fool you. We're very nice people. We like to help out and provide support. So, don't hesitate to ask for help getting aorund our community at first. Oh, and if you have any questions like those, feel free to send me a PM. See ya around!

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres