z

Young Writers Society

this is me

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:54 am
Raymond says...

So I have been writing for myself for a few years now and just wanted to test the waters...you know see what people think.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:57 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to our Wacky family.

two major rules that i want to dicuss with before we chat.

1. 2:1 ratio. Try to always maintain it.

2. Chat speak is a big no-no. Some abberations are okay, but not all of them.

now, what type of genre to you write? does music influence your writing?

Well, if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:03 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Night covered the rules, so I just have a couple more questions:

What's your favourite book(s)?
Who's your favourite author(s)?

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:08 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Raymond!
Welcome to the YWS community/family.
Jump in, the water is fine :)

Night Mistress has pointed out the rules already,
But specifically, the 2:1 ratio is a rule that for every 1 piece of work you post, you review 2 others not done by you. Quid pro quo. You help us and we help you. You don't have to do it immediately after posting, but try to accomplish it soon, or else people wouldn't want to review your work either.

Also, if you need help with your posting and reviews,
Go bug one of the Instructors. They're the ones with the purple usernames.
Ask nicely, of course :)
If you have any other questions, you answers can usually be found on the website in the forums and stuff. But if you can't get an answer or don't know where to post your question,
Go bug the green people. Dark green and light green usernames are the Moderators & Junior Moderators. They'll help you out where they can.
Red colour are the Administrators & blue colour are the Greeters, who help make the new members feel welcome. Like Night Mistress and I :)

So, I think that's about it.
PM me for anything whatsoever.

You can introduce yourself in the 'About The Authors' forum.
Tell us more about what genres you like to read and write.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:09 am
Tatra says...

Welcome to the site!! This is a great place to get good reviews that will help you with your writing! It's also a great place to just hang out and review other people's stories. Reviewing other people's stories is fun and can even help you with your own writing. And, no, that was not a plug for the 2:1 rule, honestly. :D

I agree with Night and Rosey, tell us more about yourself! When you say more about your influences and all, you might get a few people lined up to read your first story posted here. This really is a great community, so have fun while you poke through the site!!

Good luck with your writing!!

- Tatra
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:08 am
LilyJamey says...

Everybody loves Raymond.

Ello, Raymond. I think I'll call you Ray, yea? I'm Lily. *shakes hands enthusiastically*

You definitely came to the right place for the people's opinion. This is where writers [s]brutally[/s] kindly offer their insight and share advice, so feel welcome to post any work, so long as you review first. Before I forget, if you post something, contact me. *hands out business card*. I have a New Year resolution to review everything I open because of my very sad review count.

If you feel weary of writing (pshaw, like that'll happen!), you can always participate in our community forums instead of the literary ones. Just don't neglect the Literary forums, kay?

Hope you have a good time.

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

One thing Meep(: did not mention about reviews is the "Will Review for Food" subforum in The Lounge. There you will find plenty of threads made by people who want to review stuff. Usually they have a list of what they like and don't like, so only bug the people who are interested in your genre. You'll get a better review that way. :wink:
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, Raymond!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter, one of the Instructors. So yeah, whenever you need a review or something else, just PM me and I'll be there. Of course, you could PM me even though I wasn't purple. :)

Hope you like it here!

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:25 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Raymond, and welcome to our big (think Titanic sized), dysfunctional (extremely) family! Everyone here is willing to help any new members, so go ahead and ask away! I'm WaterVyper, but I'm called pretty much anything.

You might feel a little bit better on the Community Forums first, if you want to get to know people. There's a great atmosphere all around, so don't be afraid! As everyone has said before, feel free to PM me for anything! Hope to see you around soon.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief