z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Reviews: 2
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:22 pm
rumorv6661 says...

Greetings, my name is Holly. I am a sixteen year-old girl and I love to write. My favorite part is creating my characters and devolping my own world. Most of the stories I write are morden day love stories with a drastic turn of events. My goal is to become an English major and a Latin minor so I can become an English teacher. Also, I would like to write novels when I grow up. I find it very helpful when I get a deep review on my work, so I can truly evolve into a better writer. Before the end of 2009 I end intend to write a fanasty novel and a novel from the point of view of a villian. Well, that is really all I can think of saying for now. :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:35 pm
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome to the YWS! If you have any questions or need help finding something, feel free to message me.

You sound like you're going to be a wonderful member! I don't read fantasy very often, but I still wish you luck with that! You might finish your novel quicker than you think, if you do it during National Novel Writing Month, which is in November.

What do you enjoy reading? :)

Enjoy the site!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:51 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Hi rumorv! I'm Conrad Rice, one of the Instructors here at YWS! I'm here in case you have any problems with your writing. Just send me a PM and I will be happy to help you out!

I hope you enjoy your time here at YWS! :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:20 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey, nice to meet you!

You have a lot of great goals. I hope we can help you achieve some of them!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

Two posts and nobody has explained the rules. I don't think I've seen that.

Well, the two rules we have here on YWS are:

1- Review two pieces on the Liturature board before posting anything of your own. It hlps kep things in balance. And, people are way more likely to review your stuff if you've reviewed theirs.

2- Cut the chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

Welcome! Yet another fantasy writer, I see. A novel from the villain's point sounds so cool! I would totally look at that.

If you need anything (a critique, story partner, a question answered), feel free to PM me.

P.S.- The "Story Partner" comes from a usergroup called The Double Trouble Writing Huddle under Groups. There you write a story with a partner. Great practice, and you can play the villain in those stories.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Demeter says...

Hello there, Holly!

It's nice to meet you, I'm Demeter :) Welcome on board!

Who's your favourite author? What's your favourite book? What's your favourite character in a book?

Oh, by the way, I love your avatar!

Anyhow. If you ever feel like you need something, from reviews to recipes, just PM me and I'll be happy to help!

See you around (and have fun)!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome Holly,
I love that name by the way. I am also 16. Thats interesting. I also want to become a teacher. Its a toss up between ag and english. :)
Your book sounds interesting, if you need any help or reviews on it, let me know. I'll be happy to help.
Well, I can't wait to see you around the forums. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any help.
Good luck writing.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:29 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey, Holly,

Welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Holly

(if I sound a little crazy, then don't mind me :wink: )

You know, my dad told me I should be a teacher, too. I blew it off at first, then I really thought about it. Maybe being an English professor would be nice and fun.

I think I try at the modern day love stories, but I can never do it. Maybe it's because I try to hard. :roll:

Oh my goodness!! A POV of a villain? That's amazing. You know, I've always wanted to read something like that.

So anyway, if you ever wanna chat with the crazies of me, you can always do it.

See you around,

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 pm
MollyKamikaze says...

Holly!
I'm so glad I've found someone I know.
Somewhere life is good, and things go as they should. It’s hard to find, but that’s alright.

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith