z

Young Writers Society

Howdy

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:19 pm
RGallagher says...

Hey guys! I'm new here, one of my friends told me to check out the site. *kicks the Penguin* So far it seems pretty cool. I've been looking for a good place to meet some other writers. NaNoWriMo was a pretty cool forum but it dies after November. =[ So anyways. Hello!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:29 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Hello! Welcome. This is a great place to meet writers, I've met many friends here and continue to do so. We're like NaNoWriMo but all year long. A good place to meet people so is in the chat, which has irregular opening hours, but if you happen to be on when it's open, jump in and talk!

Hope you enjoy the site, if you have any questions, PM me, I'll be happy to help with anything whatsoever.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:41 pm
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome! Firestarter said we're like nanowrimo all year round. He's basically right, except here we have less experts of incredebly crazy and random things, and a lot more writerly frustration. :P

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to message me and ask. What genres appeal to you, both for writing and reading?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:54 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Hi Gallagher! I'm Conrad Rice, one of the Instructors here at YWS, here to help you with any writing problems you may have. Just send me a PM with any questions you have and I will be happy to help you out.

I hope you enjoy your time here at YWS. We're all a happy bunch of writing writers, and we love it when someone else decides to join us. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

Amazingly nobody has told you about the rules! Or has the Penguin already told you?

Anyways, welcome to YWS! I haven't done NaNo (joined just before it finished) but I do know this is the most amazing place for young writers.

What are your favourite genres? Books? Authors?

PM me if you need anything!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:31 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, R!

Welcome aboard! It's nice to meet you, I'm Demeter. And I'm an Instructor, too. :)

Wow, one review already? That's awesome! You may already know this, but in here it's recommended you review two piecces toward every story/poem you post yourself.

Well, I hope you'll like this little community of ours. It's possible you'll get addicted, but oh well...

PM me on anything anytime!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:30 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:27 pm
RGallagher says...

Wow so many friendly people. =] Nice to meet all of you!

As for my favorite genres I'd have to say thriller types and crime fiction mostly. I read a lot of James Patterson, John Saul, Stephen King and authors like them. Currently my favorite book is probably Gaurdian by John Saul. If you haven't read it and like suspenseful and slightly creepy books, check it out. =]

Now I'm off to go review some peoples stuff!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

We need a few more thriller reviewers on here. Action/Adventure Fiction has a pretty small turnover.

Hope you enjoy your time on here!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina